New Class Idea: Monk (or some equivalent of)

inagi
inagi Posts: 1 Arc User
edited September 2010 in Suggestion Box
There are really no classes that really focus on martial arts in this game. I think the introduction of a monk class to Perfect World would be awesome.

Use the bottom left of the map as the home terrain for the monk.

Usually in other games Monks are pure knuckle fighters but pwi can even add it's own twist giving it more of a martial arts spin with some relatively mild healing abilities.
Post edited by inagi on

Comments

• Asmodiel - Heavens Tear
    Asmodiel - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,442 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Why will ppl have the urge to create one and call it ChuckNorris with as skill Roundhouse Kick o.o
    "One of the most important factors, not only in military matters but in life as a whole, is ... the ability to direct one's whole energies towards the fulfillment of a particular task." - Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Olba - Sanctuary
    Olba - Sanctuary Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    That sounds like a replica of a Fist BM.
    If you disregard what I say because of who I am or because of the contents of what I said, you are a fool.

Everyone wants to be different, but when you're different you wish you were normal.
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I swear, before PWI announced Tideborn, EVERYONE thought there was going to be a Monk class hahh.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • Silvychar - Sanctuary
    Silvychar - Sanctuary Posts: 3,576 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Well like Olba said, martial arts = fist bm somehow o.o
  • Kai_Umi - Heavens Tear
    Kai_Umi - Heavens Tear Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Why will ppl have the urge to create one and call it ChuckNorris with as skill Roundhouse Kick o.o

ROFL b:laughb:chuckleb:pleased

seriously why ppl want new class when we just got new one that aren t fully achieve b:angry
  • PequetteV - Lost City
    PequetteV - Lost City Posts: 1,202 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    martial art = bm fist
    /end
    genesis (r.i.p.) ===> conqueror (r.i.p.) ===> zen (r.i.p.) ===> iam (r.i.p.) ===> guardianz (r.i.p.) ===> spectral ===> essence
    starting to be a nice guild hoppers b:surrender

go on my website it contains lots useful informations about PWI

[noparse]http://pequette.comuf.com[/noparse]
  • Vorhs - Lost City
    Vorhs - Lost City Posts: 521 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    LOL after the tideborns everyone is trying to suggest new classes

STOP IT CAUSE NOBODY CARES!
    If you happy wanna be, against the wind you won't have to pee.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • inagi
    inagi Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Well then at least give us some kind of detection skill. Sin ganking is boring and bs. ^^
  • Hazumu - Dreamweaver
    Hazumu - Dreamweaver Posts: 293 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Martial arts = systems of codified practices and traditions of training for combat.

On that basis we already have 8 martial art classes
    BM
    Wizard
    Veno
    Barbarian
    Archer
    Cleric
    Psychic
    Assassin

They're all codified and very traditional combat classes.... I think you need to be a little more specific for your new class.
  • legion0546
    legion0546 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    The notion of a COMPLETELY fist char is not all that bad. But you have to think about the Fist BM (as many others have stated). The BM has a few buffs (I don't have a high leveled BM, so I can't really go into detail).

When suggesting a Monk type you would need to look at other games that use similar style characters. Paladins, Monks and such from games like Diablo 2 and Ever(crack)Quest. The character build system in those games allow for these classes by making exceptions in the point allocation. Magic would boost BOTH MP and spell strength, there are a few other little things here and there, but we'll stay simple for now.

I think the points spread would drastically hinder character advancement. You would need to spread your points too thin to be a stable char. You NEED Dex to keep up hit ratio. You NEED Str to deal damage and boost def. You NEED Mag to boost MP for spells, buffs and such. You NEED Vit to have enough HP to compensate for low def.

You might as well use a Cleric and attempt making him a sturdy fighter. Seems to be almost the same thing. You can heal, you can fight. I don't know that you can equip Katars and Gloves. The only thing lacking would be Martial Arts style moves. But at least you could fly at level 1. b:chuckle
  • SaintToadElf - Archosaur
    SaintToadElf - Archosaur Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    legion0546 wrote: »

You might as well use a Cleric and attempt making him a sturdy fighter. Seems to be almost the same thing. You can heal, you can fight. I don't know that you can equip Katars and Gloves. The only thing lacking would be Martial Arts style moves. But at least you could fly at level 1. b:chuckle

I tried making a melee cleric, just for fun. I statted him for LA so he could use most recent magic weapon and light armor. He kind of sucked. If you're going for melee arcane, imo Veno is the best.
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Necro necro necro.
    b:surrender
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    The Monk is really just another healer class /notsigned.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • eraldus
    eraldus Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    LOL after the tideborns everyone is trying to suggest new classes

STOP IT CAUSE NOBODY CARES!

If you do not care, then why are you angry?
  • anwynd
    anwynd Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    i allways thought monks were those people with spiritual staffs tht go around purifing demons lmaob:avoidb:chuckle
    Collector of pet eggs, armor, weapons, fashion, and mountsb:chuckle
  • Ashivas - Dreamweaver
    Ashivas - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,293 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Monk = Fist BM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ashura Tyrant you foul mouthed little boy! I must keel yew nao =3
  • legion0546
    legion0546 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I got to thinking about this after my initial post, so please correct me if I am wrong.

To my knowledge in PWI the only way to increase skill/spell power is by upgrading the given skill/spell, whereas, in other game the Mag stat does that for you. Then upgrading that skill/spell powers it even further.