Personal advice: shards, hp or pdef?

Options
CeliaZ - Sanctuary
CeliaZ - Sanctuary Posts: 901 Arc User
edited May 2010 in Wizard
If you take a look at my gear when I turn 90:

http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=3da39afe6e984808

What would you guys suggest putting in the 2 TT90 armor pieces? Citrines or garnets?
(Lets assume the worst case: both 2 sockets).

Im not into pvp in any way. Doing all kind of pve, everything there is actually.

Thanks in advance!

Celia.

P.S. Other advices on the build/gear are welcome too of course.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by CeliaZ - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    If you take a look at my gear when I turn 90:

http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=3da39afe6e984808

What would you guys suggest putting in the 2 TT90 armor pieces? Citrines or garnets?
    (Lets assume the worst case: both 2 sockets).

Im not into pvp in any way. Doing all kind of pve, everything there is actually.

Thanks in advance!

Celia.

P.S. Other advices on the build/gear are welcome too of course.

pdef shards :P
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    Kristoph - Lost City Posts: 2,016 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    If you're only doing PvE just pick whichever glow looks better in your opinion.
    Wondering how much longer these **** packs are going to be around.
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    get the 87 necklace - Sky demon perl.
    change the rings for +HP stat.
    Refine the hat a bit. Refine the TT90 pants a bit too (+4 at least) as you will use them for a while. Same goes for the necklace.
    I would try to swap the WoDF for the Frost wand.
    And get rid of those boots...if u can't afford the 95 anni packs ones, then just go for the TT80 gold. yes, gold, for the 120HP and if you're lucky, at least 3 sockets. I had mine at 4 socks with immac for a really long time. That would add you another 270 HP to the pool you have already. The 69 pdef you're going to lose can be recup'ed from a refine or a shard.

This is one variant:
    http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=d683e6280970cb13
    This is another:
    http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=fae215b16660c22e

Those rings and the cape....you need to do something about them.

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • CeliaZ - Sanctuary
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Thanks Ursa. You're right about the cape and the boots, I'll try to replace them as soon as possible (actually the cape isnt sharded at all I just bought it like this, I sharded it to show what kind of shards I would use in my cape.)

As for the frost weapon/higher refines, I dont have that much money (though I try hard to make some). I dont like the idea of using a weapon from the cashshop too, I'll rather farm one myself. But I notice you put pdef shards in it so that is something I'll hold on to.

Oh and the necklace, some thing money wise but I'll do my best, figured my necklace has 105 hp which isnt all that bad during the 80's.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    well, I sharded with pdef cause u really need some extra pdef. At 90 you should aim for 2k pdef without any buffs and about 4k hp.
    WoDF has a good price and if you have the time to farm some coins, adding a little for the Sensoid would not kill you. Sensoid isn't great dmg wise, but u get abot 350 HP from it, and that's basically priceless. Another choice would be Wraith conquerer, but that weapon is so overpriced ...
    Anyway, the HP on the weapon allows you to go for pdef shards in gear and also get a decent damage, that's why I went that path.
    Keeping the WoDF you will have to work a lot (maybe even more in the end) to get to the same pdef/HP you get with sensoid+Pdef shards. True, you will have a bit more spike dmg with WoDF, but since you're mainly focused to pve...that's a non factor mostly.

The Sky demon perl necklace you can get it pretty easily. Talk with a lvl 100 or do the cube for chips. I bought about 4 sky demon perls lately for <90s that asked me. I get chip rewards for BH, 50 chips basically. The necklace costs 780k +37 chips. I sold the mold to these guys for about 1.1-1.2 mil. Will take you about 30 min to farm the mats for it, and with a 1.1 mil investment and some mirages you will get a really nice necklace.
    The TT90 gold is an option also and it gives more pdef, but it is really, really expensive and boring to farm. Sky demon will also give you 7-8 extra str, so basically you can go until lvl 100 without putting any points to str and also you can restat a few to magic.

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • CeliaZ - Sanctuary
    edited May 2010
    Options
    So you are really saying that hp on a weapon, the more the better, is better (specially for pve) than attack? I though all the wizards on this forum said 'TT90 glaive. Period.' or something like that. The wand does less damage than the +5 requiem blade I use now, and I dont like my damage now.

I'll try to get the sky demon, TT90 gold is indeed to expensive for me.

Thanks!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xarathos - Harshlands
    Xarathos - Harshlands Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    i would still get the wodf.. simply because its cheap to get.. rather cheaper than fc gold weapons like aquadash and frost wand which go for 20mil + .. and its nice dmg output for that price.. so if you plus it a bit u can use it til lvl 99 ..

before all those packs were out wodf was THE wiz endgame weapon..
    well if u have a wodf you would know why it was considered as one
  • Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    i would still get the wodf.. simply because its cheap to get.. rather cheaper than fc gold weapons like aquadash and frost wand which go for 20mil + .. and its nice dmg output for that price.. so if you plus it a bit u can use it til lvl 99 ..

before all those packs were out wodf was THE wiz endgame weapon..
    well if u have a wodf you would know why it was considered as one

it was a 90 weapon.. end game was the inferno blah blah 99 crit sword.
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
  • CeliaZ - Sanctuary
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Before we can answer that question, we would need to know something about what you consider most important:

Will you be mostly fighting self buffed (or unbuffed), or fighting with cleric and blademaster and barbarian buffs also?

Also, will you be mostly fighting monsters your own level or will you be doing a lot of Twilight Temple and Lunar and Rebirth and stuff?

Basically, when you buff health or pdef they gain importance because of the multiplying effect. When you fight lower level opponents pdef gains importance and when you fight higher level opponents pdef loses importance.

So... both?

Both indeed, I like grinding in the world/hell/heaven worlds and I also like lunar,frost,TT,rebirth indeed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xarathos - Harshlands
    Xarathos - Harshlands Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    it was a 90 weapon.. end game was the inferno blah blah 99 crit sword.

well few years back on MY_EN server it was an endgame weapon because lvl 90 was considered as endgame lol