A small rant

Options
Bowlinbob - Lost City
Bowlinbob - Lost City Posts: 3,446 Arc User
edited June 2010 in Twilight Temple (West)
Alright, Ive noticed some things on my alt thats getting ridiculous. Why the hell does it seem every noob thinks they should make their own faction, instead of joining an already semi-successful faction? I mean.. Lost City has hundreds of factions that are so useless for lower levels it's not even funny..

Stop making new factions, join already built ones, your new factions help nobody.

/rant
Post edited by Bowlinbob - Lost City on

Comments

• RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    O_o

I know there are a lot of new lower factions, but what does it matter? b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I just want to find 1 thats actually useful <_< ive hopped through about 20 factions so far only to find that they have like 5 actives..

maybe things have taken a dramatic change from my noob days, or this game really is dead, there used to be so many helpful factions back when i was 4x-6x. It seems there are next to no active low levels under 70-80 except for alts nowadays.
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    edited May 2010
    Options
    u banned yet disappear?
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    u banned yet disappear?

nope.
    b:chuckle
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    maybe things have taken a dramatic change from my noob days, or this game really is dead, there used to be so many helpful factions back when i was 4x-6x. It seems there are next to no active low levels under 70-80 except for alts nowadays.

You have given yourself the answer to your own question in the above statement.

b:surrender

However, they are out there it is just a matter of finding on that suits you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    edited May 2010
    Options
    You have given yourself the answer to your own question in the above statement.

However, they are out there it is just a matter of finding on that suits you.

The first posts point wasnt really about the question, its about that there may be a decent number of active 4x - 6x's, but they are not in the same faction, every faction ive been in on my alt has maybe two to three 4x,5x,6x's online at any given time, which isnt usefull or helpful at all.

If anyone knows of any factions full of active 5x/6x's lemme know.
  • drjiggle
    drjiggle Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    It's difficult to sustain a good low level faction, because at some point the leadership grows up and moves on. You either need to constantly find new leaders and groom them to take over, or you need really dedicated people who stick with the faction after most people would have left. Neither is easy to do. The fact that so many of those characters are alts makes it even more challenging.
  • SuperSayayin - Lost City
    SuperSayayin - Lost City Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    the leaders lv up and need help with their onw quest.

no where to turn to, so they join otherguilds looking for the same thing you are looking for.

also the high lvs of those factions.

players make their onw factions all the times just because they think been leader gives them power.

But its all the way around. leaders must find a way to give their guild power, selfless deeds, and gave loyal friends that will join that guild.

but its mostly like.

Waaaaooooo XD Im leader , the first persoin I invite (lv 2 ) will be my director, the next one is marshall, all the others executors.

faction slogan : invite players high lv's plz .

leader lv 24
    director lv 18

ect ect...

2 weeks later disband xD

GL finding a guild that wiull help you at your low lv's b:bye
  • Mr_Mokona - Lost City
    Mr_Mokona - Lost City Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Alright, Ive noticed some things on my alt thats getting ridiculous. Why the hell does it seem every noob thinks they should make their own faction, instead of joining an already semi-successful faction? I mean.. Lost City has hundreds of factions that are so useless for lower levels it's not even funny..

Stop making new factions, join already built ones, your new factions help nobody.

/rant

Its true there are alot out there, and increasing all the time.
    I remember there suddenly being a big boom in the number of factions being created around abouts after CQ took over map, Ah people and their dreams of gloryb:cute
    Also many new people who join, thier first thing on thier mind is to create a faction.

So yeah, theres alot of under poppulated/innsufficient activity, failling factions out there.
    BUT-There are some out there, and some will work.
    Ive firsthand experience of this, i went in and out of several factions that had very few active people, untill i eventually settled in a "fairly" known faction, but in a way was struggleing at the time, an i was given marshal status fairly quickly.
    Eventually due to our reasons, the current director and the marshals created a new faction from scratch with exception to a few people who came with us.
    I was a marshal there, an hey, we had a good run, we had fun, we recruited and many newbies and helped them grow stronger mostly from 3x-7x, we had an ok-ish active amount of members.
    It worked well during our time running it, but then eventually we disbanded like many others to move onto bigger more well known factions.

As with faction like said for 3x-6x sorta thing, people will start to need help for things like TT and all, unless run well, if they cant get with thier current faction, they will move on.

Overall, im sure there will be factions out there, it can just take a bit of looking.
  • Llama - Lost City
    Llama - Lost City Posts: 641 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    The server died the moment I quit game. It is now in a slow path of disintegration.
    Hey Elayne. Its illegal to harass underage girls. And CQ won the map without you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Anfisa - Lost City
    Anfisa - Lost City Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Its true there are alot out there, and increasing all the time.
    I remember there suddenly being a big boom in the number of factions being created around abouts after CQ took over map, Ah people and their dreams of gloryb:cute
    Also many new people who join, thier first thing on thier mind is to create a faction.

So yeah, theres alot of under poppulated/innsufficient activity, failling factions out there.
    BUT-There are some out there, and some will work.
    Ive firsthand experience of this, i went in and out of several factions that had very few active people, untill i eventually settled in a "fairly" known faction, but in a way was struggleing at the time, an i was given marshal status fairly quickly.
    Eventually due to our reasons, the current director and the marshals created a new faction from scratch with exception to a few people who came with us.
    I was a marshal there, an hey, we had a good run, we had fun, we recruited and many newbies and helped them grow stronger mostly from 3x-7x, we had an ok-ish active amount of members.
    It worked well during our time running it, but then eventually we disbanded like many others to move onto bigger more well known factions.

As with faction like said for 3x-6x sorta thing, people will start to need help for things like TT and all, unless run well, if they cant get with thier current faction, they will move on.

Overall, im sure there will be factions out there, it can just take a bit of looking.

Those were good times, getting marshal right when I joined just because I was 40 was great b:chuckle Looking back surprised how well the reformed guild worked out considering how many lowbie guilds fail. Think it really helped that all the core people were good friends.
  • VerenKaunis - Dreamweaver
    VerenKaunis - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,099 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    The server died the moment I quit game. It is now in a slow path of disintegration.

Were you aware that there's a faction by the name of 'TeamLlama' on HL? So confusing because I always think you're the leader for a fraction of a second before I remember you're on LC.

On topic: I agree. Yeah, it's nice if someone wants to make a new faction and starts recruiting but since most of those factions have nothing to distinguish them from almost every other faction they die after a month or two. Honestly, why make a new faction when there are literally hundreds of small factions that already exist and need members? One reason I can think of is the boost to the ego someone gets from seeing '[Faction Name] Leader' over their head. Another is that they really do want to lead a faction (as opposed to order people around and abuse what little power they'd have) but my experience on my alts has shown that those leaders are rare.
    This alt has been brought to you by lkurei - Harshlands.
    I'm a guy. b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] lol
    'I think most of us f2p players stopped caring about buying gold once the ani packs came in, bent the gold market over a chair and did unspeakable things to it. >_>' Miugre - Heavens Tear
  • Lingzi - Lost City
    Lingzi - Lost City Posts: 877 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    too many low levels making too many new factions

1 reason: conquer the world map

forget it ya kno
  • dreamwake
    dreamwake Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Nyx Recuiting lvl 25+ Active and Fun player
    Join now we Rock
    b:victoryb:victory
  • Gratz - Lost City
    Gratz - Lost City Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    i will join
  • Mr_Mokona - Lost City
    Mr_Mokona - Lost City Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Those were good times, getting marshal right when I joined just because I was 40 was great b:chuckle Looking back surprised how well the reformed guild worked out considering how many lowbie guilds fail. Think it really helped that all the core people were good friends.

Indeed they were good times, aye cat made me marshal instantly, an wasn't too happy tbh, didnt want it to be another faction where i was put straight into a high ranking spot.
    Sure you were 40? cos i know you were there before me, and im sure you were like early-mid 3x, lol remember the first time meetin ya was at silver pool with anaboo, pretty sure you were both like early 3x, i was just 4x on holy, ah Holy...(thinks back)b:cute

Anyway, so yeah. It can be done, newbie factions are around and will work like we did.
    Also yeah, it probs did help that "all the core people were good friends" an we communicated well with each other on our decisions, an well with the people we invited, many just focussing on recruiting as many people as possible, without actually caring/helping out, hell even talking with the people they invite.
  • Dizzy - Lost City
    Dizzy - Lost City Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I'm not sure about the current recruiting requirements (or who your alt is/ what level they are, lucky you) but Perski's Aerials is quite the distinguished medium level faction for non-pkers. Decent faction size, competant leaders, and the connections Perski made while in RedHawk way back in the day provide him with plenty of resources in various factions to help his members put together dungeon/bh runs when his guildies are lacking the numbers to perform them.

You also get protection from me which is a nice fringe benefit for up-coming leveling players b:victory.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Every time someone replies on an alt to someone, you know they scared.

Faction History in Order:
    RageQuit, Hate, Darknes, RedHawk, NoAngels, FightClub, Harvester, Peerless, FinalOath, Koi, ThaClick.
  • Calvin - Lost City
    Calvin - Lost City Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    b:angryChinaTownb:angry is built for bully lowbiesb:dirty

Join us and bully lowbies (lv30s, and gank them)
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    Kristoph - Lost City Posts: 2,016 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    You also get protection from me
    LOL

asdf
    Wondering how much longer these **** packs are going to be around.
  • KedgeSniper - Lost City
    KedgeSniper - Lost City Posts: 733 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options

Everything i farm 3-3 3-2 Nirvana, Its usually with people on my frienlist(or solo). Easier to split n to find the time to do it. =D

I dont think people should be dependant on guild doing their culti/hh/etc.. but to meet people in it to do so.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Face the fear. Face a war. Face the world.
    Leeching CQ salary since 09'
    Many names, Common Faces.
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    edited May 2010
    Options
    i found oneb:bye lvl 65 and growing :o
  • Lady_of_rage - Lost City
    Lady_of_rage - Lost City Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    I know, when im pk'ing i see all these blue names fac. ownersb:spit
    I mean, WTH, do you actually think your fac. will make it anywhere?
    We are Death, destroyer of Worlds
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]