Finally made it to 30, got a few questions.

krakensmash
krakensmash Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2010 in Psychic
Hello, I started playing about 2 weeks ago, so im pretty poor and new to this game.

Currently my psychic is level 31. I did the token quest at level 20 and got 2 mirage celestones instead of the mold, so im screwed for a better weapon. Besides the reputation gear, most of my stuff is from level 10-20. I am still using the perfect officer's soulsphere i got at level 20. Should i be trying to get better gear or will my current gear suffice till 40 or whenever i start getting gear?

What skills should i be getting for my genie? I wasted a bunch of exp and spirit points to level it to 23 for relentless courage, but so far i realize that it was a waste. Its got 30 strength, 15 dex, 5 vit, and 3 mag and is a longevity genie.

Lastly, should i be concerned about making money at this point? So far ive gone as high as 260k coins but after getting all the new skills and stuff, im at 140k.

Thanks in advance.
Post edited by krakensmash on

Comments

• Anemone_ - Harshlands
    Anemone_ - Harshlands Posts: 212 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Hello, I started playing about 2 weeks ago, so im pretty poor and new to this game.

Currently my psychic is level 31. I did the token quest at level 20 and got 2 mirage celestones instead of the mold, so im screwed for a better weapon. Besides the reputation gear, most of my stuff is from level 10-20. I am still using the perfect officer's soulsphere i got at level 20. Should i be trying to get better gear or will my current gear suffice till 40 or whenever i start getting gear?

What skills should i be getting for my genie? I wasted a bunch of exp and spirit points to level it to 23 for relentless courage, but so far i realize that it was a waste. Its got 30 strength, 15 dex, 5 vit, and 3 mag and is a longevity genie.

Lastly, should i be concerned about making money at this point? So far ive gone as high as 260k coins but after getting all the new skills and stuff, im at 140k.

Thanks in advance.

1st of all Grats on 30! Yay!

But unfortunately things may start getting a little harder for ya now.
    Your gonna be pretty low on cash for a while since your new skill upgrades will start costing more and more to upgrade. (Your rank 10 Lv. 59 skills will cost 1 Mil + each easy)
    As far as weapons go try not to worry about it as much till you start getting to a higher level, you get a new weapon token quest every 10 levels.
    Personally I had rotten luck and only got the level 22 mold and none of the others.b:surrender

Lucky for you the tideborn class has been out for a while now and you could probably find most of the mold soulshperes in the AH for pretty dirt cheap. (I.E. less than 1 million)
    If you have some spare coin that is.

I would always put priority on maxing you basic skills 1st though before attaining a new weapon. (Always keep Aqua Impact, Spirit Blast and black voodoo maxed for starters)

My best advice for your money problem would be to make sure your doing ALL your quests, along with looting all quest drops to sell.

Lemme know if you have any more questions, GL to ya and have fun.

.....Now it's time to look into the future and find out what I'm gonna eat for dinner.

.............I hate leftovers.
    Who doesn't love pie!?
  • _GrimStorm_ - Dreamweaver
    _GrimStorm_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Gratz on lvl 30. As you can see I'm on the same boat. I have a bunch of characters so I have a bit of experience.

As for money. Solo quest/grind. That way you can npc sell dragon quest items unless you getthey are items that can be sold via AH or cat shop these items are usually banker quest items DQ 21 and 31 I believe is the numbers. Solo questing and grinding also help lvling quicker. Also I have the worse luck and I never get any items when I squad.

As for gear. Wait until lvl 70 to start getting your TT stuff. In the mean time use quest given RP they start) also don't spend the money to shard your gear until 80 plus. I'm not saying don't do it just don't max them out for the gear lvl just put what ever you find. No sence in spending 500K or more per shard just so you get rid of the gear in a few more lvls.

As for genie well I only spend money on the good ones lol. I have trashed so many genies to find one that is decent. My curent one is lvl 70 and it has 52 out of 70 lucky points. These points are important because the more points you have the more skills they can learn. At 52 points I can get 5 skills. 50 will only give you 4 skills, 40 only 3 and so on. so in my case if by lvl 20 the genie is not 20/20 I trash it. But that's just me. As for skills, 2nd wind, holy path, extreme poison, tree of protection are a few good ones for a psy. My bm has a few others that help him instead like TE and TM are good.

As for skill someone already said the good ones of the bat.

Let me know if you have more questions.
  • ACLucius - Archosaur
    ACLucius - Archosaur Posts: 610 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    As others have said, congratulations on reaching 30. My Psychic is 35 right now, so I'm in a very similar area. I just barely had the Spirit to get the skills I use (passive damage increase, Spirit and Aqua, Landslide and Black Voodoo) but I have found a very useful way to gain SP. Go to the area where all the arachnid type mobs are in Hidden Orchid (the village) and there is a spot to the northeast of it between the two ponds. Use Black Voodoo, your two primary spells, and Focus Powder. You can just use tab between mobs as you kill them, and start killing nonstop (two to three hits per mob unless Magic Resistant or Life Increased), and once you reach 0 MP or can't kill another mob without using a pot, collect all of your drops, then meditate back up to full MP. Repeat, and you will notice you will gain vast amounts of SP very quickly and a lot of loot to sell. Once you are almost about to level, dump all your exp into a genie, and keep going.

Now, the reason it is so easy for me could be because I have a full mag character and the level 30 legendary soulsphere. However, if that is why, I suggest doing that anyways, because Psychics can kill these mobs so quickly and efficiently that it is very quick. I managed to get to 35 from 34 within 30 mins just by doing this, all grinding.

Also, always grab any and all mats you find so you can sell them. And to minimize the amount you have to pay if you don't farm your own herbs for Focus Powder, after its effect wears off (10 mins), go around to the herb areas around you and grab the ones you need (Crane herbs for Focus Powder and Realgar if you like to use the 3000 MP pot). Then go back to what you were doing and put on another Focus Powder. Mats/herbs respawn every 10 mins, so its like a timer for you so you know when to get more.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Didn't get the rest of it, but apparently I am the "destroyer of sin haters" as well.
  • ELVI$ - Dreamweaver
    ELVI$ - Dreamweaver Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    You said you did token quest for 20 but have you done the quest for 30 yet?

You get a new token quest every 10 levels from 20 on for a chance at sphere molds.

I never ever put my own xp or spirit into a genie, it's just a waste at that level.

I haven't even bothered adding any new skills on my 64 psychics genie but have been meaning to add Holy Path because I'm so slow.

You might want to add Second Wind or Tree of Life to heal you but I never seemed to need it because mobs just die fast to psychics.
  • Astrohawke - Lost City
    Astrohawke - Lost City Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    As others have said, congratulations on reaching 30. My Psychic is 35 right now, so I'm in a very similar area. I just barely had the Spirit to get the skills I use (passive damage increase, Spirit and Aqua, Landslide and Black Voodoo) but I have found a very useful way to gain SP. Go to the area where all the arachnid type mobs are in Hidden Orchid (the village) and there is a spot to the northeast of it between the two ponds. Use Black Voodoo, your two primary spells, and Focus Powder. You can just use tab between mobs as you kill them, and start killing nonstop (two to three hits per mob unless Magic Resistant or Life Increased), and once you reach 0 MP or can't kill another mob without using a pot, collect all of your drops, then meditate back up to full MP. Repeat, and you will notice you will gain vast amounts of SP very quickly and a lot of loot to sell. Once you are almost about to level, dump all your exp into a genie, and keep going.

I honestly would not bother doing this. You will find that at higher levels, money is a much bigger problem for leveling skills than spirit is. Even if you have a ton of spirit, if you can't afford to buy the skill, it's still pointless. Plus doing that won't get you much SP at all and will just hamper your leveling.

At this point with skills, just max the 2 basic skills, landslide, black voodoo and the 2 passives. Maybe up to 5 levels in white voodoo and 1 level of everything else if you wanna just try them out. That's all you need for leveling really until you get high enough to PvP. Even if you get more money later on, don't level the other stuff because believe me you will need that money for your equips.
  • ACLucius - Archosaur
    edited May 2010
    I honestly would not bother doing this. You will find that at higher levels, money is a much bigger problem for leveling skills than spirit is. Even if you have a ton of spirit, if you can't afford to buy the skill, it's still pointless. Plus doing that won't get you much SP at all and will just hamper your leveling.

At this point with skills, just max the 2 basic skills, landslide, black voodoo and the 2 passives. Maybe up to 5 levels in white voodoo and 1 level of everything else if you wanna just try them out. That's all you need for leveling really until you get high enough to PvP. Even if you get more money later on, don't level the other stuff because believe me you will need that money for your equips.

So you are saying that he should just quest rather than spend some time at this level where he can kill mobs so easily and get a lot of drops to sell? You probably don't remember, but those mobs have a great drop rate for DQ items and for purified oil. Seeing as he can stay at that level and get a lot of Spirit and money, you wouldn't suggest it? I've already made 300k from just a few hours grinding, which means he can save up a lot of money and Spirit, as well as get a few genies leveled pretty decently which he can then sell off.

The point of this is to make a lot of money and save up a lot of Spirit for later levels. One of the best ways to make money is to just keep 1 character in the 4x's and just do nonstop grinding and use BH/CS exp to level genies. I'm not gonna say you are wrong not to agree, but you do have to admit it is going to be easier at this level to get money than later levels, due to the drop in DQ item drop rates.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Didn't get the rest of it, but apparently I am the "destroyer of sin haters" as well.
  • Born_Free - Harshlands
    Born_Free - Harshlands Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Trust me when I say this, just because you have low level armor, doesn't mean that you can't do your quests. I used my level 30 armor, and level 20 weapon (I'm slightly ashamed, but whatever, it worked til I hit 50 which works for me.) until I hit 50.

There's nothing wrong with using gear below your level. HOWEVER, you should work for getting items that are higher now. Usually some good things drop from mobs. Try actually LOOKING at the stats before you sell to an NPC. Or, go to the auction house. (OR, you can buy my mold from me. I don't need it, I'm getting my weapon token four in a few days.)

I would considering grinding. I know the leveling for 30-40 is hard for Psychics. (Thank god for BH's.) Do as many quests as you can. Grind near Hidden Orchird and Angler's village when you hit high enough. They drop decent items, to include DQ mats and pure oils. (I've come to find this sells very well.... >.> except for the price nerf, so now I'm a little beside myself on the matter...)

.-. that's just me though.
  • Astrohawke - Lost City
    edited May 2010
    So you are saying that he should just quest rather than spend some time at this level where he can kill mobs so easily and get a lot of drops to sell? You probably don't remember, but those mobs have a great drop rate for DQ items and for purified oil. Seeing as he can stay at that level and get a lot of Spirit and money, you wouldn't suggest it? I've already made 300k from just a few hours grinding, which means he can save up a lot of money and Spirit, as well as get a few genies leveled pretty decently which he can then sell off.

The point of this is to make a lot of money and save up a lot of Spirit for later levels. One of the best ways to make money is to just keep 1 character in the 4x's and just do nonstop grinding and use BH/CS exp to level genies. I'm not gonna say you are wrong not to agree, but you do have to admit it is going to be easier at this level to get money than later levels, due to the drop in DQ item drop rates.

I can make just as much money at later levels just killing mobs for quests. 300k in a few hours? At my level, I get 2 quests that get me to kill 60-65 mobs each. I can do this in 30 min to 1 hour and on average get 100 - 150k of DQ/drops to sell not to mention quest reward coin and spirit.

The amount of spirit you can get grinding at that level is nothing compared to what you need for skills later on. But as I said before, you get a ton of spirit along the way with quests, CS, BH and whatnot that you will run out of money for skills long before you run out of spirit.

My point is, most people don't want to be stuck in the 40s grinding for SP and money when you can do it later on when grinding is actually necessary anyway so 2 birds with 1 stone.
  • ACLucius - Archosaur
    edited May 2010
    I can make just as much money at later levels just killing mobs for quests. 300k in a few hours? At my level, I get 2 quests that get me to kill 60-65 mobs each. I can do this in 30 min to 1 hour and on average get 100 - 150k of DQ/drops to sell not to mention quest reward coin and spirit.

The amount of spirit you can get grinding at that level is nothing compared to what you need for skills later on. But as I said before, you get a ton of spirit along the way with quests, CS, BH and whatnot that you will run out of money for skills long before you run out of spirit.

My point is, most people don't want to be stuck in the 40s grinding for SP and money when you can do it later on when grinding is actually necessary anyway so 2 birds with 1 stone.

I understand your point on this. However, the problem of leveling is that every 10 levels has a lot money costs. Armor, weapons, ornaments, skills, teleports, pots, repair (though not as much on this one as for melee classes), and a number of others all mean you need money. Especially since the OP is a new player, money will be a problem as it takes a lot of game coin to stay up-to-date on everything as well as afford the necessities and minor comforts. I have the advantage of other characters I can pull money from if I need it, but (s)he does not. On all my characters, I usually stick in this area and level for a while and build up money and SP, but none of them have ever been as efficient at it as the Psychic, which is why I brought it up.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • krakensmash
    edited May 2010
    Thanks for the advice guys, I am currently able to max out my important skills without grinding, so i think ill lay off on that till later. Currently im level 37, and it really seems to be easier to get from 30-37 than from 20-27, mainly cuz of the flight capability.

Should I be actively leveling my profs at this point? I managed to craft myself a level 35 soulsphere that is much better than my lvl 20 one, I also have at least level 2 in all of my professions. I have a decent amount of mats, but im not sure if i should keep them or try to sell them in archosaur.

My genie currently has 3/20 lucky points, should i just turn her into a exp stone and get a new one?

Are there any other reliable ways to get rep other than the one man army quests? I kinda wanna make the 1k rep for level 40, but I only have like 594 rep atm.
  • Szol - Harshlands
    Szol - Harshlands Posts: 242 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    hi there , gratz on ur lvl

a few hints from me :

- first things first - save money - ur skills will get expensive at lvl 5x , which u will be reaching soon enough ... therefore u need some coinage... u wrote u got all professions lv2 .. leave them for now ... ur better off just saving the mats for later purpose or selling them for coins... u will be able to raise ur professions later on, with ease

as for skills
    get ur mainnukes - eg the 3 spells u had first - max them ,,, max black voodoo and masteries
    if u got points left - at least one point in ur healing spell , and 1 point in each of the souls

as u progress mor towards lvl 59 and get ur last skill choices u should be able to pick what u need from ur own experience - as i have seen many psys playing different styles ... ones more offensive ones more defensive ...

some hints on ur gears - get 3 stars with +pdeff and hp adds --- they can last u till 8x
    - pdeff necklace and belt
    - dont spend ur cash on -chan gear ... -6 chan is nothing but might
    drain ur wallet
    - if u find urself dying alot - or it is ur first char or first arcane user .
    >> stat like 20-30 points in vit.. u will hit a lil less but ur hp will forgive some lag/movement failb:victory

so far so good - enjoy ur psy =)
  • Astrohawke - Lost City
    edited May 2010
    Thanks for the advice guys, I am currently able to max out my important skills without grinding, so i think ill lay off on that till later. Currently im level 37, and it really seems to be easier to get from 30-37 than from 20-27, mainly cuz of the flight capability.

Should I be actively leveling my profs at this point? I managed to craft myself a level 35 soulsphere that is much better than my lvl 20 one, I also have at least level 2 in all of my professions. I have a decent amount of mats, but im not sure if i should keep them or try to sell them in archosaur.

My genie currently has 3/20 lucky points, should i just turn her into a exp stone and get a new one?

Are there any other reliable ways to get rep other than the one man army quests? I kinda wanna make the 1k rep for level 40, but I only have like 594 rep atm.

My advice for professions is don't level them and sell the mats. It's easy enough getting to level 3 but to get to level 4, you either need to be very lucky or end up spending a lot of money with very little benefit. There's also no real point leveling them because once you join a decent guild, there's probably going to be some rich high level who can just create stuff for you if you give them the mats. I made the mistake of trying to get level 4 professions and after spending a few hundred thousand worth of mats trying and failing, I gave up. You quickly outgrow the need to create any items with level 3 or below crafting
    so I would just not bother at all and sell all mats.

As for the genie, whether you decide to get a new one is up to you. It costs 3 mirage celestones to make one. Personally my one was 4/20 and then it got perfect lucky points twice and it's now 24/40. I didn't want to get a new one because I'm pretty poor and I was really only using the genie for healing and holy path anyway so I just stuck with it thinking I can always decompose it later and try for a better genie when I had more money.

Finally there's really no good way to get rep and you will most likely not be able to make good use of any rank equipment after 30. I didn't get 1k rep until level 50 or so and I still haven't gotten 2.5k rep for rank 3. By the time you get enough rep, you would have outgrown the need to get the rank equipment.

In any case, I wouldn't bother too much about that. Use whatever stuff you find or get from quests until level 40 or 50. Then check the auction house periodically for good deals on 3 star arcane parts around your level. Get ones with +HP, +P.def or +magic. You can probably buy them for around 10-50k each. I would suggest using 3* equips as far as level 90 before getting TT/HH equips because if you get ones with good bonuses, they are far superior to the level 70 and 80 HH equips.
  • marshotel
    marshotel Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    .I managed to craft myself a level 35 soulsphere that is much better than my lvl 20 one, I also have at least level 2 in all of my professions. I have a decent amount of mats, but im ..

Pardon me; I'm a newbie. What profession allows the crafting of Soulspheres? I've looked at them and must be missing it.

Thank you -MH
  • Born_Free - Harshlands
    Born_Free - Harshlands Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Weaponsmithing. :3
  • Kai_Umi - Heavens Tear
    Kai_Umi - Heavens Tear Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    blacksmith
  • marshotel
    marshotel Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    blacksmith

Thank you and obviously that is the first place I checked, but I do not see spheres. There is a tab for every weapon but that. I must be missing it. Can you tell me what the tab says?

Thank you for your patience with newbies.

-MH
  • krakensmash
    edited May 2010
    Its the bottom right option, its the T.born. It should contain assassin daggers and soulspheres.

this is my second char, but my first char past 30, so im not exactly up to date on the terminology. What exactly is this TT/HH stuff ur talking about?

Im 38 now, and i finished all of the non fb39 and krixxix quests. And I am at 62%. Already did the crazy elements daily quest, so thats out. My questions is, should i grind the one man army quests or grind mats, cuz currently the one man army quests are all fish mobs that are spread out and its a pain in the butt going back and forth between them and the guard. My alternative is killing spiders for purified oils so that i can craft level 45 soulspheres if i get screwed out of a mold for the weapon token 2 quest.

Also, getting 3 star gear from the AH is expensive. I play on Dreamweaver and there aren't any 3 star level 40 gears below 100k. I can't imagine it getting any cheaper the higher I go.
  • Astrohawke - Lost City
    edited May 2010
    Its the bottom right option, its the T.born. It should contain assassin daggers and soulspheres.

this is my second char, but my first char past 30, so im not exactly up to date on the terminology. What exactly is this TT/HH stuff ur talking about?

Im 38 now, and i finished all of the non fb39 and krixxix quests. And I am at 62%. Already did the crazy elements daily quest, so thats out. My questions is, should i grind the one man army quests or grind mats, cuz currently the one man army quests are all fish mobs that are spread out and its a pain in the butt going back and forth between them and the guard. My alternative is killing spiders for purified oils so that i can craft level 45 soulspheres if i get screwed out of a mold for the weapon token 2 quest.

Also, getting 3 star gear from the AH is expensive. I play on Dreamweaver and there aren't any 3 star level 40 gears below 100k. I can't imagine it getting any cheaper the higher I go.

TT = twilight temple = HH = holy hall (which is the PW Malaysia name). It's a dungeon people usually start going to after level 60. The bosses drop mats and the mats are used to create unique weapons and armor every 10 levels from level 60 onwards (with armor starting at level 70). Most of the weapons are comparable if not better than legendary weapons of similar levels and you don't need a mold to make them which is an advantage.
    The armor, however, is usually not worth getting until the level 90 set.

As for 3* equips, maybe dreamweaver is different to lost city but it's pretty common to find gear with good bonuses in AH after 50 or 60. Maybe not level 40 I don't know because I was still using quest gear back then. You don't even have to get 3*. I've seen some 1* and 2* ones with great bonuses and also worth getting. As far as price goes, some people will overprice them because the bonuses are decent. I just check AH a lot whenever I'm in arch and eventually find something that's good and cheap. I typically start looking as soon as I switch gears so by the time I gained 10 more levels, I will have the next gear bought and ready.
  • krakensmash
    edited May 2010
    Ok, i will check AH later.

What is a good way to find squads for FB39 and other FBs. I cannot talk on that world talk thingy with the dark orange text, and I do not see very many ppl in front of the FBs. I dun wanna camp in front of it all day long. There is only 1 person in my guild that could help me, but she is rarely on, so i need to find alternatives XD
  • Astrohawke - Lost City
    edited May 2010
    Go to the platform at the center of Arch where people get their bounty hunter quests. Easy to get parties for FB/BH there.
  • krakensmash
    edited May 2010
    Alright I will do that next time.

I just got my weapon token II mold. Should i make the weapon or sell the mold? The level 45 weapon with 1 star seems to be only marginally worse than the mold and i believe i can sell the mold for a few hundred thousand coins.