Finally the solution to a better PWI economy :D

2»

Comments

• Olba - Sanctuary
    Olba - Sanctuary Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Although I heard even in Nirvana you get 4-5 crystals per run, so not even one for every squad member. And you need 200+ for a single piece to max it out. Kinda ridiculous even if you got a crystal each run, you must do 200+ for a single freaking piece?

This is kinda **** I think those drop rates are really scaled for solo playing since 4-5 crystals for you per run are reasonable.

Actually not. The whole point was to boost the sales of the Lucky Corals and the Tiger Packs, which contain Uncanny Chests and Rapture Chests, which contain 50 of either Nirvana Crystal. What the previous packs did was get the cash shoppers their end game gear, then the Lucky Corals and Tiger Packs got them their Nirvana Crystals.

And 4-5 Crystals per person per run would be ridiculous. Just look at the most coveted Nirvana items. The leggings give -interval, which is basically what every single Archer will be going for. Then there's the weapons with their better debuffs and higher damages.

Also, if you look at some of the weapons, some are obviously cheaper than others. For example, you can use 250 Raptures on a freaking Dragonbow:Nameless to get Abomination of Dragons EX, while you can use the 230 Raptures on Punishing Thunder and get the same weapon. Now, to put it into perspective: Punishing Thunder is TT100 and would probably cost over 100M, whereas Dragonbow:Nameless is a TT99 that does not require a Souledge and costs less than 10M. The point here being, if you got 4-5 crystals per person per run, people would just go "Oh what the heck, I'll just get some random TT99, get it 2 sockets and Nirvana it and save tens of millions." After all, at 4-5 per run per person, you'd only be looking at some 65 runs for that weapon. And that's not a lot.

Right now, you have people actually refining their pre-Nirvana weapons exactly because they know they'll be using them for a while. Also, if you upped the drop rates that much, you'd end up in a situation where the only thing people would end up doing in PvP. And the Crystals would end up dropping in price since there would be a lot more of them and it would end up, again, in a situation where people rather catshop their crystals than farm them.
    If you disregard what I say because of who I am or because of the contents of what I said, you are a fool.

Everyone wants to be different, but when you're different you wish you were normal.
  • Borsuc - Raging Tide
    Borsuc - Raging Tide Posts: 1,526 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Suggestion: Keep drops low, but make it so that when one drops, EVERYONE in the squad gets one. Like quest items.

b:pleased
  • Maiira - Sanctuary
    Maiira - Sanctuary Posts: 190 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    or you can learn how to work with the pw economy and be smart with money and invest. instead of sitting on the forums complaining about how much it sucks go figure out how to make money with in game coin. look through catshops every day for good prices, buy/resell items and gold. i cant count the number of times some1 has been stupid with their catshop and missed a 0 selling something for 4.7mil instead of 47mil. if u get lucky to find these then u get alot of free coin basically. check gold prices in ah 2x per day and set a breaking point...

for me anytime gold falls below 360k i buy some, and whenever it rises above 380k i sell the gold i baught. as long as there is a 12-15mil difference between ur buy/sell margin then your making a profit, when anni packs first came out i knew gold was ganna rise so i spent all my money on gold and what do you know? instant mills in profit. learn to work around the players who charge zen and work with the economy instead of making suggestions to "fix" it. when alot of ideas im seeing would hinder the pw economy. gold cap would reduce the number of players selling gold on ah, specially around large sales, they would just buy the items in boutique and trade them for the price they originally wanted for gold. more drops would reduce prices on generic items but inflation would go up causing the "good" items to continue to stay out of reach and expensive items would be even more expensive. reduce bh wine cost? with token prices at current levels a squad of 6 going into bh 89 or 99 only pays approx 40k per person
    thats less than half the price of cs at a given lvl and over twice the xp/sp gains.

instead of making an easier game, get better players, and look at what you are doing before you get upset about the way a game works. i see alot of people complaining they have no money, then i look at em for a bit and i see them changing between 10 different outfits... hmmm i wonder where all his money went.
    lvl101 LA/AA demon veno ftw, 15251 hp buffed, 13508 buffed pdef in human. able to use tt100 fists at 5 aps w/ genie. all from 2 years of work... WASTED
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    was fun while it lasted