List of glitches/Bugs

YordaUjain - Dreamweaver
YordaUjain - Dreamweaver Posts: 242 Arc User
edited July 2010 in Off-Topic Discussion
Thought it would be a good idea to keep a list of all the glitches and bugs we are currently aware of. Would be great if you guys could post the ones you are aware of so I can add to the table.

Bug Name = Basic name of the bug i.e. "Rubber band"
Description = Basic lining of what the bug/glitch is/does.
Link/Other info = Image link to bug/glitch in action or other relevant info.
Fixed = If the bug is still present in game or not.

Press Control + F then copy and paste one of the words below to find the info on that glitch.

-Rubber Band
-Character hair glitch
-Lag hit
-BH 39 glitch
-Out placed wings
-Cleric buff issue
-Sin stealth AOE issue
-FB59 gatekeepers
-Fitting room issue
-GPS issue
-Chat issue
-Getting stuck in City of raging tides
-Blinking on death
-Squad HP glitch
-Squad buff issue
-D/C player names issue
-Players disappear
-Attacking NPCs/Pillar
-BH59, Drake gets stuck
-Flying in water
-NPCs fighting mobs
-The "pond sign issue"
-Cleric seals
-Standing in air
-BH intro window message
-Loss of sound
-Assassin tideform issue
-Walking on air
-Spark issue
-Sin still attacked in stealth
-Swimming animation lost
-BH 29 boss glitch
-Silver Frost glitch
-BH man disappears (has been fixed)
-Make over scroll conflict
-Intro text issue (appears to be fixed)
-BH Zimo issue
-Emote issues
-Flying without wings
-Embrace Glitch
-All class glitch
-Video card conflicts
-Cleric bubble glitch
-Boss Glitch

Bug Name:Rubber Band
Description:Common glitch, player staggers back. Common on hills.
Link/Other info:No link/info given.
Fixed:No.

Bug Name:Character hair glitch
Description:Some long hair models on males/females are glitched, the hair will sink into their neck upon running and can be seen sinking into their shoulders if you zoom in.
Link/Other info:Screen shot

Bug Name:Lag hit
Description:Mobs will get a free hit at you before they die, or if you choose to run. The mob will hit you even though you are a good distance away from it.
Link/Other info:No info/Link given.

Bug Name:BH 39 glitch
Description:there is a wall where players are able to walk through, this will take the player off the map enabling them to walk around off the map freely.
Link/Other info:Screen shot.

Bug Name:Out placed wings
Description:Wings are mis-aligned on most characters, if you zoom in closely you will see on some models they do not fit the character.

Bug Name:Cleric buff issue
Description:The M-Def buff will not override itself making it unclear when the buff will run out or not.
Link/Other info:No info/link given.

Bug Name:Sin stealth AOE issue
Description:Some AOE bosses will not hit some sins while in stealth.

Bug Name:FB59 gatekeepers
Description:The gatekeepers do not move from their spot meaning any ranged player can pick them off and the keeper will do nothing.

Bug Name:Fitting room issue
Description:Some cloths in the fitting room appear too thin, as a result your character either appears naked or there is a conflict with the texture and the fashion creating a flashing effect between skin and fashion.

Bug Name:GPS issue
Description:Squad members will appear on your radar when they are in fact either in a cave or a good distance away (like half way across the map)

Bug Name:Chat issue
Description:Upon chatting, the text will not always appear. This is fixed by switching windows, but is annoying still.

Bug Name:Getting stuck in City of raging tides
Description:There have been reported areas here, where players have got stuck and been unable to get out. I will try and find specific locations if I can.
Link/Other info:Screen shot, screen shot, screen shot

Bug Name:Blinking on death
Description:You blink on death, although it is possible it is rare. I don't like it personally. it makes PWI look sloppy.

Bug Name:Squad HP glitch
Description:On the squad menu, it will show a squad member to have half/full/ hp when infact they are dead.
Link/Other info:Screen Shot.

Bug Name:Squad buff issue
Description:Same as above but with buffs.

Bug Name:D/C player names issue
Description:Upon D/Cing (from bh caves mostly) and been reinvited. Player named will be messed up and be shown as something like P-556456, P-4545588.

Bug Name:Players disappear
Description:Players will often vanish off your screen, same effect as having performance on, a short term fix is to either re log or to leave area.

Bug Name:Attacking NPCs/Pillar
Description:Players are able to attack NPCs and Pillars, though it is not a direct impact on game play it does make PWI look sloppy.

Bug Name:BH59, Drake gets stuck
Description:Drake will run at you, then suddenly sink into the ground. Sometimes you can't get him out, making him un target able.
Link/Other info:Screen shot

Bug Name:Flying in water
Description:Hovering over water, if you take out your wings before you hit the water you are above to fly in the water.

Bug Name:NPCs fighting mobs
Description:The NPCs which fight mobs (some near chin) are glitched, they run in circles or run on a spot and sometimes don't even attack back.

Bug Name:The "pond sign issue"
Description:For some reason I am unable to type the symbol on the forums. The British currency symbol shows up as a square in game.

Bug Name:Cleric seals
Description:The cleric seals which prevent mobs from moving will sometimes ware off upon casting it, even though it should last for X seconds.

Bug Name:Standing on air.
Description:Upon attacking a mob, you appear to be standing in the air, as if you were standing on the ground.

Bug Name:BH Intro window message
Description:The window will flash at you more then once, upon clickong ok. It flashes me around 3 times before it finally goes away, this applys to some quests too.

Bug Name:Loss of sound.
Description:Common in BH caves, sound will be muted for a short while. A short term fix is to relog. But the problem is known to arise shortly after reloging.

Bug Name:Assassin tideform issue
Description:Upon entering tideform, if you go to a shore and jump out onto land, it is possible to hop around on land 3 - 5 times before you turn back into human form.
Link/Other info:Screenshot.

Bug Name:Walking on air
Description:Near the fb cave near the vally of death in the canyon it is possible to walk across.
Link/Other info:Screenshot.

Bug Name:Spark issue
Description:Although the spark should make you "invincible" for x seconds, there are some attacks it will not protect against such as the explosion AOE from the fb cave in the Vally of death from the bombs.

Bug Name:Sin still attacked in stealth
Description:Upon entering stealth the mob will continue to finish channeling, even though he can't actually see you.

Bug Name:Swimming animation lost
Description:I was unable to find this issue with the Tidespawn. Basically some skills will cause the swimming animation in water to be lost this is temporary and the problem fixes itself within 10 seconds but it does make the game look sloppy.

Bug Name:BH 29 boss glitch
Description:With a veno it is possible to target the boss without taking out the tower, the boss will then run towards the group through the wall.

Bug Name:Silver Frost glitch
Description:The boss "silver frost" in secret passage can run through walls, making it annoying for players who are running from it.

Bug Name:BH man disappears
Description:The BH man in arch would vanish i don't know the cause, but a short term fix was to relog.
Link/Other info:As far as I am aware this issue has been fixed already.
Fixed:Yes.

Bug Name:Avatar glitch
Description:If you have best performance on before you go into a squad. The avatar pictures will appear different, i.e. different hair styles. Upon taking off best performance the avatars stay the same. The issue is corrected by either re logging or toggling best performance on and off again.
Link/Other info:No info given.

Bug Name:Make over scroll conflict
Description:Upon using a make over scroll, the fitting room will retain your old look until you re log. Though the issue is easily fixable it makes the game look untidy.

Bug Name:Intro text issue
Description:Upon logging in, the news menu would display random squares. Obviously an issue in the translation, I haven't seen this problem as frequently as I used to. If you lag a lot I noticed you may trigger this bug.

Bug Name:BH Zimo issue
Description:Not just with zimo but with a few of the mobs in this cave. Upon taking aggro of the mob/boss, if the player runs away at a hill angle, the mob will run up the hill and get lost or stuck.

Bug Name:Emote issues
Description:Some of the emotes make "strange" sounds upon been used, an example would be the female clerics provoke and think.

Bug Name:Flying without wings
Description:I don't know how to activate this glitch but basically it makes the server think the players wings are away when they are not making them appear to be flying without wings showing.

Bug Name:Embrace Glitch
Description:If you do an emote just before the embrace you can cause all sorts of weird **** to happen.

Bug Name:Embrace Glitch
Description:If you do an emote just before the embrace you can cause all sorts of weird **** to happen.

Bug Name:All class glitch
Description:Upon re logging everyone will appear as a BM
Link/Other info:ScreenShot.

Bug Name:Video Card Conflicts
Description:Depending on some cards objects in the game will appear untextured or not appear at all.

Bug Name:Video Card Conflicts
Description:Depending on some cards objects in the game will appear untextured or not appear at all.

Bug Name:Cleric bubble glitch
Description:Red bubble (on slops) will stick into the ground, it looks very unprofessonal

Bug Name:Boss Glitch
Description:When attacking some bosses the attacks appear to miss the target and hit the air.
Link/Other info:ScreenShot. (one of the many bosses with this issue)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

PLAYING PWI FOR FRIENDS (CHAT) ONLY, NO ZEN CHARGING, NO GAINING GEAR. MOVING TO GUILD WARS 2 UPON LAUNCH WITH FACTION.

Got Dot? Why Not? It PAYS! website.ws/tomujain
Post edited by YordaUjain - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• YordaUjain - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2010
    Updated. I know there are loads but I can't think of them b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

PLAYING PWI FOR FRIENDS (CHAT) ONLY, NO ZEN CHARGING, NO GAINING GEAR. MOVING TO GUILD WARS 2 UPON LAUNCH WITH FACTION.

• Lairian - Sanctuary
    Lairian - Sanctuary Posts: 8,209 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    T
    Bug Name: Cleric buff issue
    Description: The party buff for the cleric will sometimes wear off within 10 - 20 mins of use, even though it is supposed to last for 60 mins.
    Link/Other info: No info/link to give.
    Fixed: No.

This one isn't quite correct. The glitch is that the m.def buff doesn't overide itself. That is, if you already have this buff placed on you, and recast it on yourself, the old one will still be active. All the other buffs do override themselves, so that if you have one and recast it the new one will take the place of the old one.

This is very annoying when placing squad buffs when some people may already have the m.def buff, because you don't know when the buff will run out, unlike the others.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Be nice to people
  • King_Solomon - Heavens Tear
    King_Solomon - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,341 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Bug Name: No timer in BH
    Description: Issues arise where no timer is given upon squad been dismissed.
    Link/Other info: No info/link yet.
    The bug doesn't exist. There should be a guide about instance holding/reseting though.
    Bug Name:BH 69 gatekeepers
    Description: The gatekeepers do not move if ranged attacked, they stand there.
    Link/other info: Players tend to like it this way, probably best to leave it alone.
    It's FB59. They stand still and their range is below 20 (maybe 15?) so any ranged class can attack freely.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you're willing to join another online game do NOT join any hosted by K2 NETWORK. Want to know why? Check BBB complaints.
    edited May 2010
    The bug doesn't exist. There should be a guide about instance holding/reseting though.

It's FB59. They stand still and their range is below 20 (maybe 15?) so any ranged class can attack freely.

Ok, edited
    This one isn't quite correct. The glitch is that the m.def buff doesn't overide itself. That is, if you already have this buff placed on you, and recast it on yourself, the old one will still be active. All the other buffs do override themselves, so that if you have one and recast it the new one will take the place of the old one.

This is very annoying when placing squad buffs when some people may already have the m.def buff, because you don't know when the buff will run out, unlike the others.

Alright, fixed b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• AlbireoTwo - Lost City
    AlbireoTwo - Lost City Posts: 2,056 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Bug Name:PWI

/End thread
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thank you Forsakenx for the picture. b:thanks
  • Shredclaw - Sanctuary
    Shredclaw - Sanctuary Posts: 311 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    The wraithgate door guard is not a glitch. The first boss is in the first room, and looks like all of the tauroc guardians in the room. It has a different name, though, so you have to be on the lookout for that. You must clear out that first room (except for the guard), then clear the hall further ahead up until the second chamber. Then go back and kill the guardian. Then a second boss will appear, up near the second chamber and will disappear in 10 minutes. If that boss is not killed, it will disappear and you must take the long path. That's what is happening.

Oh, and after you kill the second boss, you must go back to the first chamber and you'll see that the third boss has appeared, and is pacing along with three taurocs. You kill that last boss, and the door will open.
    I used to wonder why I would have these scary dreams every month. About the wolf, who kept running through town. And as I wondered, I also thought about how I couldn't remember having those dreams before being bitten by this very big dog...

But now I know the truth.
    And I am not afraid.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2010
    The wraithgate door guard is not a glitch. The first boss is in the first room, and looks like all of the tauroc guardians in the room. It has a different name, though, so you have to be on the lookout for that. You must clear out that first room (except for the guard), then clear the hall further ahead up until the second chamber. Then go back and kill the guardian. Then a second boss will appear, up near the second chamber and will disappear in 10 minutes. If that boss is not killed, it will disappear and you must take the long path. That's what is happening.

Oh, and after you kill the second boss, you must go back to the first chamber and you'll see that the third boss has appeared, and is pacing along with three taurocs. You kill that last boss, and the door will open.

Ahh, alright. I'll remove it. Thanks for pointing that out b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• RainbowVidel - Sanctuary
    RainbowVidel - Sanctuary Posts: 1,316 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I can tell you don't read sticky threads much.....

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=288111
    edited May 2010
    I can tell you don't read sticky threads much.....

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=288111

DOH! b:laugh. aww, well I'll keep updating this thread anyway.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited May 2010
    wtf, my post messed up grrr. I'll fit it later.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Shredclaw - Sanctuary
    Shredclaw - Sanctuary Posts: 311 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    wtf, my post messed up grrr. I'll fit it later.

Maybe you should put THAT on the list too :P
    I used to wonder why I would have these scary dreams every month. About the wolf, who kept running through town. And as I wondered, I also thought about how I couldn't remember having those dreams before being bitten by this very big dog...

But now I know the truth.
    And I am not afraid.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2010
    Updated, found some shots to go with some of them also.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited July 2010
    Updated.b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Mazzie - Lost City
    Mazzie - Lost City Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Not sure if this is glitch or not but has happened to me a few times. I get the quest in the forst and I get the second one that summons the boss and I finish it after boss but do not get the tab thing from it. So I dont get the box at the end. This happened for the 3rd time today. When I leave the frost I get the message the quest failed.
    This has only been happening in the last week. Any ideas?b:angry
  • Grippieluver - Lost City
    Grippieluver - Lost City Posts: 9,807 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    sweet pea( Yorda) u necro'd after ur own post -.-'
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Thankiez to Dorset for the sig!

MagicHamsta will remain in our hearts forever

P.S. I am a female venomancer ^^ I know it's rare, isn't it?