Let's talk about spam

Comments

• NightRage - Raging Tide
    NightRage - Raging Tide Posts: 1,582 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Quite a few close calls with necro in this thread, but I'll just let you off with a warning this time aryanna. But please let dying threads die, bumping is almost like spam. b:shocked
  • Linc - Raging Tide
    Linc - Raging Tide Posts: 589 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I just know that wasn't a filter circumvention attempt was it?
    I did not feel the treachery or inconstancy of a friend, nor the injuries of a secret or open enemy. I had no occasion of bribing, flattering, or pimping, to procure the favour of any great man, or of his minion; I wanted no fence against fraud or oppression: here was neither physician to destroy my body, nor lawyer to ruin my fortune; no informer to watch my words and actions, or forge accusations against me for hire: here were no gibers, censurers, backbiters, pickpockets, highwaymen, housebreakers, attorneys, bawds, buffoons, gamesters, politicians, wits, splenetics, tedious talkers, controvertists, ravishers, murderers, robbers, virtuosos; no leaders, or followers, of party and faction; no encouragers to vice, by seducement or examples; no dungeon, axes, gibbets, whipping-posts, or pillories; no cheating shopkeepers or mechanics; no pride, vanity, or affectation; no fops, bullies, drunkards, strolling prostitutes, or poxes; no ranting, lewd, expensive wives; no stupid, proud pedants; no importunate, overbearing, quarrelsome, noisy, roaring, empty, conceited, swearing companions; no scoundrels raised from the dust upon the merit of their vices, or nobility thrown into it on account of their virtues; no lords, fiddlers, judges, or dancing-masters.
    From Gulliver's Travels by Jonathan Swift
  • LostTrust - Archosaur
    LostTrust - Archosaur Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    aryanna, it wasnt hard for me to see the culprits as almost all of them posted in this thread (well at least the ones i was seeing on arch forums for the past month or 2).

im very pleased about how the spamming was handled tyvm
  • Bastilla - Raging Tide
    Bastilla - Raging Tide Posts: 379 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    aryanna, it wasnt hard for me to see the culprits as almost all of them posted in this thread (well at least the ones i was seeing on arch forums for the past month or 2).

im very pleased about how the spamming was handled tyvm

please dont spam our subforum
  • Boogiepanda - Raging Tide
    Boogiepanda - Raging Tide Posts: 4,682 Arc User
    edited August 2010
  • sleepcat
    sleepcat Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Nah,....HT forums are dead...D-E-A-D ... *tempted to go RT purely for spam*

Damn, I thought the HT forums were hardcore drama but after looking at RT and Archosaur...I think RT takes the cake.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Linc - Raging Tide
    edited August 2010
    sleepcat wrote: »
    Damn, I thought the HT forums were hardcore drama but after looking at RT and Archosaur...I think RT takes the cake.

who are you and why you posting on an alt looking account? what characters you play and what server? hard to tell nothing just looking at your avatar. this thread and the rivalry between servers is apparently very serious, so I might oughtta wanna think aboutdoing something and take my leave of all that nonsense now.
    I did not feel the treachery or inconstancy of a friend, nor the injuries of a secret or open enemy. I had no occasion of bribing, flattering, or pimping, to procure the favour of any great man, or of his minion; I wanted no fence against fraud or oppression: here was neither physician to destroy my body, nor lawyer to ruin my fortune; no informer to watch my words and actions, or forge accusations against me for hire: here were no gibers, censurers, backbiters, pickpockets, highwaymen, housebreakers, attorneys, bawds, buffoons, gamesters, politicians, wits, splenetics, tedious talkers, controvertists, ravishers, murderers, robbers, virtuosos; no leaders, or followers, of party and faction; no encouragers to vice, by seducement or examples; no dungeon, axes, gibbets, whipping-posts, or pillories; no cheating shopkeepers or mechanics; no pride, vanity, or affectation; no fops, bullies, drunkards, strolling prostitutes, or poxes; no ranting, lewd, expensive wives; no stupid, proud pedants; no importunate, overbearing, quarrelsome, noisy, roaring, empty, conceited, swearing companions; no scoundrels raised from the dust upon the merit of their vices, or nobility thrown into it on account of their virtues; no lords, fiddlers, judges, or dancing-masters.
    edited August 2010
    Don't leave for Harshlands b:shedtear
  • Lenore - Harshlands
    Lenore - Harshlands Posts: 1,201 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    who are you and why you posting on an alt looking account? what characters you play and what server? hard to tell nothing just looking at your avatar. this thread and the rivalry between servers is apparently very serious, so I might oughtta wanna think aboutdoing something and take my leave of all that nonsense now.

Some people post from their alts because they are so good at trolling their main got banned. Yet other people do not post from their main because the default display is your account username and they just can't be bothered to change it. There are also a group of people who don't post from their main for the pure pleasure of annoying people who like to be nosey about who is who.

...and of course there are the cowards who simply want to hide, can't deny that one.
  • Strateshootr - Archosaur
    Strateshootr - Archosaur Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Some people post from their alts because they are so good at trolling their main got banned. Yet other people do not post from their main because the default display is your account username and they just can't be bothered to change it. There are also a group of people who don't post from their main for the pure pleasure of annoying people who like to be nosey about who is who.

...and of course there are the cowards who simply want to hide, can't deny that one.

I know exactly what you mean. b:cute
  • Alliptica - Raging Tide
    Alliptica - Raging Tide Posts: 1,545 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Bastilla and Ambition are the biggest babbling idiots in this whole forum!
    -retired-

now playing megaten and...Forsaken World ;)
    edited August 2010
    Ambiiii is funny though

Btw, I found a banhammer with pew pew b:beatup
  • Pew_Pew - Raging Tide
    Pew_Pew - Raging Tide Posts: 1,037 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Ambiiii is funny though

Btw, I found a banhammer with pew pew b:beatup

o_O

b:avoid
  • KanyeWest - Raging Tide
    KanyeWest - Raging Tide Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    From the General Rules of Conduct: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=63291

You may not use the Perfect World International (PWI) Forums to:

6. SPAM by posting frequent and/or annoying messages in the forums.

Hey guys, we've noticed that this Raging Tide Forum is rife with spam threads, moreso than our other forums, so I wanted to remind you that spamming is against the rules, and may result in getting your forum account, game account, and any related accounts banned.

So please keep this in mind while posting in here.

Thanks,

FrankieRaye

Yo FrankieRaye, I'm really happy for you and I'm gonna let you finish but EatWithSpoons was the best GM of all time. OF ALL TIME.
    edited August 2010
    Yo ////III I'm really happy for you and I'm gonna let you finish but Rawrgh had one of the best masterplans to take infamu down of all time. ALL TIME.
    Yo FrankieRaye, I'm really happy for you and I'm gonna let you finish but EatWithSpoons was the best GM of all time. OF ALL TIME.

o.0 Almost the same...
    edited August 2010
    see what i mean!

and noo Pew you musnt get banned!
    -retired-

• Bastilla - Raging Tide
    Bastilla - Raging Tide Posts: 379 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Bastilla and Ambition are the biggest babbling idiots in this whole forum!

flaming is against the rules.

also, describing me as one of the biggest is incorrect. others post far more than i do. umad at me or something?
  • sleepcat
    sleepcat Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010

Even if you know my account name and server...does it matter that much? :O
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ambition - Raging Tide
    Ambition - Raging Tide Posts: 1,152 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Allt... whatever her name is spams more than we do. Cut the bull****. You seriously posts things like "lol" onto a thread just for the sake of posting. Get the **** out.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2010
    flaming is against the rules.
    so is spamming dumbass
    Allt... whatever her name is spams more than we do. Cut the bull****. You seriously posts things like "lol" onto a thread just for the sake of posting. Get the **** out.
    lolumad?
    -retired-

• Ambition - Raging Tide
    edited August 2010
    loluraginggetoutnowplzyoualreadyquit b:byeb:kiss
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2010
    dousallafavorandgetbannedalready
    -retired-

• Ambition - Raging Tide
    edited August 2010
    lolumad b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2010
    b:shocked .....
  • Asmodiel - Heavens Tear
    Asmodiel - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,442 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    sleepcat wrote: »
    Even if you know my account name and server...does it matter that much? :O

<what's this nonsense about server rivalry he's talking about also?> b:chuckle
    "One of the most important factors, not only in military matters but in life as a whole, is ... the ability to direct one's whole energies towards the fulfillment of a particular task." - Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Linc - Raging Tide
    edited August 2010
    Are we still talking about spam or what? I see how much everyone must love beating the dead horse to death. I don't even know why this is so necessary to sticky and explain how to grow up and have some healthy non-flammable discussion. Seems some will never learn by learning, someone need to learn them some learning skills and if it takes some discipline then that's what it takes, coz there's definitely some defective people skills operating here.
    edited August 2010
    lolumad b:cute

I bet 200 of your posts says this b:chuckle
  • Nicole_ - Raging Tide
    Nicole_ - Raging Tide Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    lol i missed so much fun b:cry
  • Pew_Pew - Raging Tide
    Pew_Pew - Raging Tide Posts: 1,037 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Are we still talking about spam or what? I see how much everyone must love beating the dead horse to death. I don't even know why this is so necessary to sticky and explain how to grow up and have some healthy non-flammable discussion. Seems some will never learn by learning, someone need to learn them some learning skills and if it takes some discipline then that's what it takes, coz there's definitely some defective people skills operating here.

or we just dont give a ****
    edited August 2010
    lol i missed so much fun b:cry

Go QQ in the QQ section of the forums b:cute
This discussion has been closed.