FF runs?

Options
Weesa - Heavens Tear
Weesa - Heavens Tear Posts: 15 Arc User
edited April 2010 in General Discussion
As of late i've been watching WC alot, and as we all know FF is run every day if not several times a day. I also understand that most runs are for the XP only.
Heres my bug about it. People only want experainced players to run, how are the level 80 through 90 players suposed to learn if your not willing to let one or two new players tag along and learn how to run FF or any other instance for that mater?
I've had quest in my log for FF since level 75 which i can understand is pretty low for FF.
but now i'm level 82 and these quest still sit there undone.
it's sad to see this game has become a rush to end game, and now see threads QQing cause theres now nothing to do at end game. why don't some of you end gamers take some time and help us learn some of these new instances? me myslef i don't care about gear and end game stuff but i sure would like to learn how to run some of these places so i'm able to teach other people.
Post edited by Weesa - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    You don't need experience for frost O_o It's basically just round up mobs, bb, aoe to death, repeat. The bosses all have fun little tricks, but it's easy enough to pick up on and a single experienced member to explain, or even a written guide, is more than enough.

Your faction should be willing to run with you, or learn with you if you're in a smaller faction, I have no respect at all for factions that refuse to take their own members due to inexperience.

I'd wait until lv85 anyway (you get more quests then), read a guide or two and just pretend to be experienced and go for it.
  • Nakhimov - Lost City
    Nakhimov - Lost City Posts: 1,829 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Frost is easy mode. And boring, but best xp outside of GV.
    Bladestorm lets you spin around like a carnival ride and do damage. Not using it is almost like having a move called Confetti Rocket Power Leap and saving it for "emergencies"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nakhimov the Kingslayer of Kil'Jaeden's <Criminal Scum>
    wowprogress.com/guild/us/kil-jaeden/Criminal+Scum
  • LifeHunting - Heavens Tear
    LifeHunting - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    As DarkSeph said:

FF is basic. All it is, is:

Round up mobs using veno pet/barb
    Go AoE them to death
    Cleric is BB'ing/Healing
    Rinse and Repeat

Really the only experience in FF you need would be for the bosses who have their own little tricks that can easily cause a sqaud wipe for new people in there :)
  • SaintDominic - Sanctuary
    SaintDominic - Sanctuary Posts: 284 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    As DarkSeph said:

FF is basic. All it is, is:

Round up mobs using veno pet/barb
    Go AoE them to death
    Cleric is BB'ing/Healing
    Rinse and Repeat

Really the only experience in FF you need would be for the bosses who have their own little tricks that can easily cause a sqaud wipe for new people in there :)

b:surrender That's pretty much it. I got it all down on my first time so it's not hard really.
  • ElderSig - Dreamweaver
    ElderSig - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,247 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    *Hates the Bishop Boss* -_-;

Like the others said, it only takes 1 experienced person to explain Frost to the squad. Is your first run going to be supper smooth? Probably not. But that's called learning.

Like Seraph said, your faction should be willing to teach you or learn with you. If not? Well, you might want to rethink your faction.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Darksylph - Heavens Tear
    Darksylph - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,816 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    People who demand a fully experienced squad are just lazy, not wanting to take the trouble to throw out a single explanation. In fact this is true for every dungeon but rebirth. Rebirth is the only exception because you cant just stop and explain. So really, if you're running FF and the people dont want to explain anything, you probably dont want to go with them anyhow as they're probably the type who are only concerned for themselves.
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Random squads aren't for the new people, just learning how to do Frost. Random squads are for people that don't feel like waiting, are comfortable with frost, and want to jump into a squad. You learn how to do it from friends and factionmates that are willing to take you along.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • _Leiian_ - Heavens Tear
    _Leiian_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 206 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    in FF from lvl 82, from when my squad for rbs lvled up to 86.
    I was gone in FF for the first time when here was 4.50 am. O_O
    Squad hadnt a veno, I was in rb, and I was the only veno online in FL of one friend.
    Never played together, but he waited for me and told to squad that I was experienced, so they didnt worry 'bout me. (In the meanwhile, he explained all to me whisping xD)

So, that was my first ff run.
    For sure, a veno with herc could run ff from 80+, with a good gear, and a good cleric.
    The problem is when barb,bm,cleric arent exp'd, or when dds dont know how manage aggro.

I'm sorry, I'm a veno, and when I lf FF squads I dont wanna another veno, btw, I could also think to take u with me when we'll need another dd, so u could know how FF is.

- Just wait, in these days I wont play too much, and form a ff squad sometime is really hard. And takes too much time. -
  • Tremblewith - Heavens Tear
    Tremblewith - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,558 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I don't FF anymore almost at all. Why? I'm lvl 100, almost 101 and there's just no point. When I do take people, and when I was taking people for FF earlier, I bring lvl 80+ clerics/venos, and lvl 85+ DDs. Clerics and venos are pretty difficult to get at times, and although a veno isn't needed for FF, I like to bring one for tanking on a specific boss (The one that spawns adds a ton - has random aggro w/ everyone minus veno). The reason people don't want lower lvls are that... If your doing FF nowadays, your wanting to lvl - and quickly most likely. Quick lvlers fail 99.% of the time and don't know how to properally use their class. Often times they don't have their skills at a lvl appropriate to their lvl. People can't have Psychic powers to know if a lvl 75 BM is fail or not, on a general basis, and therefore come up with conclusions that they aren't.
  • Anchali - Heavens Tear
    Anchali - Heavens Tear Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Weesa i FF with you tomorrow morning? b:cute
    archer is awesome.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]