multiclienting soon? :3 or... bad translation >.<

Olivassin - Heavens Tear
Olivassin - Heavens Tear Posts: 360 Arc User
edited April 2010 in General Discussion
It seems that Chinese version of PW will allow multiclienting up to 6 (from what i translated from google):
Original source
Google-translated source

From what i get (maybe i'm wrong) it says from now on they can put 6 clients on the same machine without using any third party software or any software that may disrupt the game.

Maybe this is GM-only related, but, you think they'll let us have 6 (OMG!!!! thats a full squad b:shocked) clients open on same machine?
Or maybe i didn't get it... its a bit confusing the translated new... it says...:
In order to maintain player interest, to prevent illegal acts, to the majority of game players to create a better environment, to protect the game fair and impartial.
When i read this, i think they're going to say that you can't multi-client.

But then:
Perfect World allows players to aim for the good, [...], through their own computer terminal operating system functions, while running multiple game clients.

Or maybe in CN was multiclienting unlimitedly allowed before (so ppl 50-multiclient >.<) and now they said "hey, we stop here, no more than 6 clients per machine".

Soo.... what you guys think? :o
Post edited by Olivassin - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Evga - Sanctuary
    Evga - Sanctuary Posts: 779 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    What pw is doing is caving to a very old argument which is:

Does having one super computer =/= to having multiple computer running at the same time.

and btw a lot of people who multiclient or multi box the game do it for merchanting. I've yet to see somebody do it so they can play 6 chars at once >.<

and i say yay to this, since i don't have to keep 6 computer running anymore b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • axt57
    axt57 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Like hell... if this comes true I'll have 24 catshops in west archo alone.

Yeah, not happening.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Heartstone - Dreamweaver
    Heartstone - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,338 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    i would love a few lol. could easyly hadnle have a few clients open.
    have a bm/cleric/barb 7x open to move for buffs.. lol
    I'm sorry for misspelling / mistyping and grammar b:surrender

102 - Archer - Heartz
  • _Rosaly_ - Lost City
    _Rosaly_ - Lost City Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I've yet to see somebody do it so they can play 6 chars at once >.<
    I have seen it, it happens.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Gah. I REALLY dislike working with multicliented players. Very few can pull it off well at all.

But.. yes. That really does look like "Ok - lesser of two evils, to stop people using tools that let you multiclient AND walk through walls, we'll let you multiclient natively"

Wow. I'll be able to get into TT any time I want!
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    well, no need to multiclient, just make so that players can setup shop and do something else while ingame.
    All the 3rd pary SW ppl are using is mostly for this ****: being able to have a shop up while you're doing your job.
    Multiclienting works native on Battle of Immortals for example, so I don't see a reason why on PWI that's not allowed. To be fair to others? Let's be fkin' serious here. All the rich merchants I know ingame are having at least 3 cathshops and I bet you a cleric buff those are running all on the same PC.
    Having this stupid rule of 1 client/PC in place is like prohibition: doesn't help anyone and just makes ppl that are using 3rd party SW incredibly rich.

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rumble - Harshlands
    Rumble - Harshlands Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I'm sure that if they allow everyone to do this and keep a catshop or 3 across the maps it wont cause more lag at all..............(Where's that darn sarcasm button when I need it..........)
  • oyamajio
    oyamajio Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2010

Does having one super computer =/= to having multiple computer running at the same time.

and btw a lot of people who multiclient or multi box the game do it for merchanting. I've yet to see somebody do it so they can play 6 chars at once >.<

and i say yay to this, since i don't have to keep 6 computer running anymore b:victory

LOL, I sense someone is trying to avoid being guilty. I may be wrong though :p
  • axt57
    axt57 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    The whole "people with 3+ PCs are so much better at merchanting, introduce multiclienting to make things fair" argument is so stupid.

If multiclienting is ever implimented, people with 3 PCs will still be far ahead of you in terms of merchanting, in fact the gap will increase. While your system will have enough resources to perhaps multiclient up to 6-7 instances, they will triple that easily. So 6 vs 18 is more fair than 1 vs 3?

Along with that, it will create a **** load of lag, both network wise and graphical.

Go to west archo now and imagine if all of those catshops multiplied by 6.

Seriously?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    WaffleChan - Sanctuary Posts: 2,897 Arc User
    edited April 2010

LOL, I sense someone is trying to avoid being guilty. I may be wrong though :p
    she is guilty. she has 4-5 random characters with gibberish names running at the same time like bEvga or PmEvga or whatever stupid names in a guild called Evga union. im surprised someone so blatently multiclienting isnt banned yet.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    advice to fledgling archers:
    Going sage is like drunken sex, at first she may look good, but when you wake up the next morning; you'll look at her and go WHAT HAVE I DONE.
  • AlbireoTwo - Lost City
    AlbireoTwo - Lost City Posts: 2,056 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    In a game I used to play (Cough, C.O) they used to allow two clients up. They also had a specific market area, which only allowed a certain amount of shops to be open. Not sure how well that would work out though, considering the amount of people in this game. Still, I like the idea of being able to open up another client.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thank you Forsakenx for the picture. b:thanks
  • RainbowVidel - Sanctuary
    RainbowVidel - Sanctuary Posts: 1,316 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    It seems that Chinese version of PW will allow multiclienting up to 6

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=6156951&postcount=4

Just because the chinese version -might- allow something like that doesn't mean PWI has to.
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    axt57 wrote: »
    The whole "people with 3+ PCs are so much better at merchanting, introduce multiclienting to make things fair" argument is so stupid.

If multiclienting is ever implimented, people with 3 PCs will still be far ahead of you in terms of merchanting, in fact the gap will increase. While your system will have enough resources to perhaps multiclient up to 6-7 instances, they will triple that easily. So 6 vs 18 is more fair than 1 vs 3?

Along with that, it will create a **** load of lag, both network wise and graphical.

Go to west archo now and imagine if all of those catshops multiplied by 6.

Seriously?

uhm, let me clear up something for you: I really, really don't think the server is running in graphic mode. Well, actually I hope it doesn't.
    I remember back in the days of Counter Strike and Quake, starting servers in command line only, no graphic interface, because of the extra load it would have put on the system and network. I don't know how the PWI's servers are working, but I suspect no one cares on the graphic load on the server side as long as is non-existant.

And just as a side note, I know ppl that multicliented since the game launched. Not 6 chars, just two on the same machine. Lvled them roughly at the same pace.
    I'm not talking about 3 vs 6 or 6 vs 18. I'm talking about the ease of making money when you have at least a shop running 24/7. Just think about ppl that do merchanting in cube with do-alls/robber/bully. Sell/buy all day from the ones entering cube with a 10k profit/card (sell then buy) or a 30-40k income/card sold and used by buyer. Millions and millions of coins can be made there. Well, not anymore since hardly anyone is doing the cube these days, but about 8-9 moths back, cube was swarmed and Do-Alls were non-existent.
    I have 1 main char and a couple of lvl 1-20...and a second account running, on a laptop I bought recently as cashshop, for 3 weeks only. I've made more money I ever thought possible from this, and I suck at merchanting. Really, no kidding, I just plain and simple suck. Now I'm thinking at ppl that multicliented on the same PC since the DW server was released....hmmm....I could just imagine what the diff in income could be.

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Evga - Sanctuary
    edited April 2010
    she is guilty. she has 4-5 random characters with gibberish names running at the same time like bEvga or PmEvga or whatever stupid names in a guild called Evga union. im surprised someone so blatently multiclienting isnt banned yet.

ROFL jealous much, just because i personally have two desktop computer (one old, one brand new), and a laptop. And i abuse both my parents computer and my brother computer doesn't make me guilty. I'm just well off in rl b:thanks oh btw, if i was actually guilty, i wouldn't be making the names of the cat shop so obvious so everybody can see it and report me so i get the ban hammer.

but that aside, there is a limit to how many catshop that should be run. because eventually there is a point when the return for running a new cat shop doesn't out way the effort or the cost of setting them up.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nakhimov - Lost City
    Nakhimov - Lost City Posts: 1,829 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    At the risk of mentioning another game, I get the feeling this is going to end up happening eventually: *removed*
    Bladestorm lets you spin around like a carnival ride and do damage. Not using it is almost like having a move called Confetti Rocket Power Leap and saving it for "emergencies"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nakhimov the Kingslayer of Kil'Jaeden's <Criminal Scum>
    wowprogress.com/guild/us/kil-jaeden/Criminal+Scum
  • Alliptica - Raging Tide
    Alliptica - Raging Tide Posts: 1,545 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    **removed**
    -retired-

now playing megaten and...Forsaken World ;)
  • Nakhimov - Lost City
    edited April 2010
    ROFL jealous much, just because i personally have two desktop computer (one old, one brand new), and a laptop. And i abuse both my parents computer and my brother computer doesn't make me guilty. I'm just well off in rl b:thanks oh btw, if i was actually guilty, i wouldn't be making the names of the cat shop so obvious so everybody can see it and report me so i get the ban hammer.

but that aside, there is a limit to how many catshop that should be run. because eventually there is a point when the return for running a new cat shop doesn't out way the effort or the cost of setting them up.

Huh? How does it cost hundreds of dollars if I already have another computer? I've got at least three old comps sitting in my basement doing nothing.
    Bladestorm lets you spin around like a carnival ride and do damage. Not using it is almost like having a move called Confetti Rocket Power Leap and saving it for "emergencies"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited April 2010

I'm sorry, but like hell you run 6 computers at once O_o

For starters, the amount of energy that would burn, keeping 6 computers on constantly, would probably add a considerable amount to your electricity bill. I mean, 1$ per gold makes you wonder how much gold per week it'd actually cost to keep those shops up.

And your family doesn't even mind you using every single computer in the house constantly to run silly game shops? If I were a GM I'd investigate into that a little more...
  • Aya__ - Heavens Tear
    Aya__ - Heavens Tear Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited April 2010

not 6 but 2 playing - as together in instance or quest and using skills not just following / standing there or 2nd one on wq - sure.
    i know quite a few ppl who control 2 chars at once routinely
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    At the risk of mentioning another game, I get the feeling this is going to end up happening eventually: http://www.joystiq.com/2008/10/12/one-wow-player-controls-36-characters-simultaneously/

I think someone needs to go outside b:shocked

(tbh....I am waiting for this thread to be closed)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • _Rosaly_ - Lost City
    _Rosaly_ - Lost City Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    In before the lock. b:victory
    The solution to being able to run a catshop for many consecutive hours is to get a life that makes you leave the house every day. I set up mine while I'm at work, so when I come home I have money to play with. b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Evga - Sanctuary
    edited April 2010
    Huh? How does it cost hundreds of dollars if I already have another computer? I've got at least three old comps sitting in my basement doing nothing.

0.0 i was referring to having 36 merchant running, after 2-3 merchants, there is a huge diminishing return for every merchant you run. i wasn't referring to the cost of buying new computers.
    I'm sorry, but like hell you run 6 computers at once O_o

For starters, the amount of energy that would burn, keeping 6 computers on constantly, would probably add a considerable amount to your electricity bill. I mean, 1$ per gold makes you wonder how much gold per week it'd actually cost to keep those shops up.

And your family doesn't even mind you using every single computer in the house constantly to run silly game shops? If I were a GM I'd investigate into that a little more...

actually my family computers are always running already, so i figured running another pwi in the background won't bother them :P except for my brother, had to bargain with him to allow me to run pwi off his computer b:angry
    In before the lock. b:victory
    The solution to being able to run a catshop for many consecutive hours is to get a life that makes you leave the house every day. I set up mine while I'm at work, so when I come home I have money to play with. b:pleased

same here, it is nice to come home to a pile of coins waiting for you and all you have to do is enjoy the game instead of doing some crazy farming for coins :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nakhimov - Lost City
    edited April 2010
    0.0 i was referring to having 36 merchant running, after 2-3 merchants, there is a huge diminishing return for every merchant you run. i wasn't referring to the cost of buying new computers

Well, in game coin isn't dollars. Hence the confusion b:surrender

And I think Rose is right, this may be an inb4thelock moment.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    My god so much talk of more cat shops D:

Don't you all remember the lessons learned in this thread?
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=545431
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Yamiino - Heavens Tear
    Yamiino - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,031 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    To avoid the ingame population multiplying if not x4... x5 (meaning more lag).

Why not making an autotrade command for cat shops where you can log out but leave your char ingame (on shop).

This would be really helpfull.
    WTB> -12% channeling BELT or RING pm me with link or mail me ingame HT server, ty.
  • frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Can't really comment on these rumors from China, and multi-clienting remains a bannable offense on this side of the Pacific.
This discussion has been closed.