New/ Better Music

Options
ladyamen
ladyamen Posts: 0 Arc User
edited April 2010 in Suggestion Box
I`m really tired of this monotony no action-styled music everywhere in the game. I`m really forced to turn it down to 0 and play only with sound effects, buts this is annoying, some more action and more atmosphere based music, maybe some changes in the timing when you fighting (faster) would give this game more action.
Post edited by ladyamen on

Comments

• john343
    john343 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Absolutely. There needs to be a better variety of music in the cities, and action music when in combat. Perhaps some special music for boss fights and dungeons. This doesn't necessarily mean throwing away the oriental themed music, just finding something faster and more energetic, and switching the song after a few minutes of the same monotonous thing.

Veni, vedi, vici.
  • Aedrian - Lost City
    Aedrian - Lost City Posts: 750 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Great idea, been suggested before, and I agree as well, as for me, I play with no music nor effects, and a player that is controlled merely by customizable keyboard shortcuts, so, I can change the music on my insanely oversized library, but then again, it would be nice to actually have good music there.

Just so you team will get an idea, check the music on Rebirth, gosh, the music on that dungeon is awesome!

And customizable music would be cool too, as well as would a built-in player, where you can manage a playlist without having to alt + tab and come back to Gamda killing you at World Quest b:surrender
    <"shameless self-bump :D" Alexenokin - Lost City>
    -102% channeling self buffed wizzie, ready to shoot ^.^ (And -107% on Demon Spark, **** refines, I got turbo)

*WTB: -12~-18% chan stuff, pm me in here or in game for details*

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ElderSig - Dreamweaver
    ElderSig - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,247 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    On some of the bosses in 3-x and Gamma is action-y music playing. It's not that bad really, it's just looped too short imo.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aedrian - Lost City
    edited April 2010
    Options
    *Hugs ElderSig* Missed you, glad you are still on the forums.

Btw, What is action-y? Sorry, ^.^'
    -102% channeling self buffed wizzie, ready to shoot ^.^ (And -107% on Demon Spark, **** refines, I got turbo)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Riney - Raging Tide
    Riney - Raging Tide Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    You've OBVIOUSLY never been inside a rebirth or FB89 before.

Gamma = Awesome

TT2-X in the center of the Pool room, awesome

FB89 = Chinese version of the Shadow Temple in Ocorina of Time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    xRiney - League of Legends. TwilightSparkle / Rarity - Path of Exile closed beta. Dark_Marine - Firefall

Proud brony.
  • Silvychar - Sanctuary
    Silvychar - Sanctuary Posts: 3,576 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Well, yeah as Aedrian said, has been suggested before, but who cares anyway?
    Good suggestion, and true not all of the music in PWI is dull.
    And as I already mentioned in an older thread with the same topic, what about a music creation contest? Let the musical genies of PWI live their creativity and invent new battle music etc., then pick the best one and send it to the dev's in Beijing.
  • RainbowVidel - Sanctuary
    RainbowVidel - Sanctuary Posts: 1,316 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I always turn the game music off and play my own.
  • SerenityMare - Dreamweaver
    SerenityMare - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,211 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    ^ that.

However, sometimes I feel that the music playing when I'm killing mobs is going to make me fall asleep.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aedrian - Lost City
    edited April 2010
    Options
    You've OBVIOUSLY never been inside a rebirth or FB89 before.

Gamma = Awesome

TT2-X in the center of the Pool room, awesome

FB89 = Chinese version of the Shadow Temple in Ocorina of Time.

Shush! For a non-cash shop player, getting to FB89 - RB before being 7x is not really going to happen, unless you try hard and try and try over again (I tried the first Rebirth once, totally owned before first wave was over b:surrender)

And again, for non-cash shop, getting to 7x does takes a while, not to mention TT2-X is not a good place to go grind.

As a plus, after 6x levels of boring music, ppl tends to turn it off for good, a friend of mine, when we were on RB and Vent, he asked about the music being played by somebody who had speakers, having no clue that it was RB music, since he had turned the music off since lvl 7 or so.

Overall idea? Riney, STOP THE BLOODY FLAMING AND THE CAPS

Thanks for being good trol food

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Krisnda - Lost City
    Krisnda - Lost City Posts: 1,465 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    In another game i used to play before this, there was an option to "choose" which music (ingame) to play, like i can be in TT and play peacefull Plume City music or something. That sounds like a good idea, don't you think?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    A good moderator should:
    - Have the computer skills necessary to handle forum-related tasks (Web skills, basic programming)
    - Be patient to handle all sorts of requests
    - Be level-headed to keep discussions and some petty squabbles in check.b:cool