Genie Skills

Yuyui - Archosaur
Yuyui - Archosaur Posts: 1 Arc User
edited May 2010 in Psychic
Hello there !
I actually never really skilled my Genie because I just don't know if there is something important i should look for.
Should i follow any special Affinity as a Psy? Or is there some skil that I really need?

There are so many skills and ways to go that im just confused.

Hope someone can help me a bit b:thanks
Post edited by Yuyui - Archosaur on

Comments

• _GrimStorm_ - Dreamweaver
    _GrimStorm_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    As a psy I'm having a hard time picking skills. So far the only skill I have is 2nd wind because I'm pure mag and I need all the health I can get. I'm thinking about extreme poison and holy path as my next two.

As for afinity well it all depends on the skill. 2nd wind for example is 1 water, 1 earth, and 1 wood.
  • ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver
    ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,457 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    second windb:dirty

holy path is nice too
    right now i have a zeal so i keep the earthflame but i dont really use it
    i also got alpha male for tanking bosses in bh59 but i just got it because i had a spare slot

in my previous genie i had earthquake and another DD skill, barely used them after 40-50

well, get second wind :D
    i also consider tree of protection once my genie has enough stamina (?or it's energy?) to cast it with second wind
  • Rangergod - Raging Tide
    Rangergod - Raging Tide Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I would say second wind... holy path..(if zeal earthflame) i also got tree protection and um...fire soul. sense i enjoy fighting fire mobs and get burned often the iminity to magic is nice.
    "In case you can't do the math, as you stand there alone and consider fighting me, you'll be facing an army of over 30,000 hollows!" - Aaroniero Arruruerie, Novena Espada

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver
    ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,457 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    and um...fire soul. sense i enjoy fighting fire mobs and get burned often the iminity to magic is nice.

nice idea for pq
  • Szol - Harshlands
    Szol - Harshlands Posts: 242 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    frenzy
    10chars
  • Destini - Dreamweaver
    Destini - Dreamweaver Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    frenzy
    10chars

I agree with that statement. I just made a genie with it on there.

In instances with the dominance blessing, Ivy has 54 attack level. b:shockedb:shockedb:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Of course I want to make you giggle, but this is serious. b:chuckle

Other Characters:

Ivy_>Psychic>Level 92>Sage>Active
    Serenata>Venomancer>Level 44>Inactive until further notice
    Avocet>Cleric>Level 25>same as above
    Descorian>Blademaster>Level 5> The love child of Destini and Escorian...but I hardly play her...b:surrender

PS: Caffeine Detox sucks!
  • Hypnos - Raging Tide
    Hypnos - Raging Tide Posts: 1,235 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Expel, holy path, frenzy, cauterize, badge of strength, etc I can go on and on, just choose one and see if it suit your style >.>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Shealu - Heavens Tear
    Shealu - Heavens Tear Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    second wind /holly path /expel /cloud eruption /extrem poison /elemental weakness
    (maybe kind of hard to get coz of the 8 wood afinity point that won t help to get other good skills)

I tried frenzy too, beside it increase atk lvl i almost don t see the difference and my psy is lvl 80 atm

Expel can be great against melee attacker while your psychic will is in cool down, it s like 17 second immun to physical dmg with 8 second where u can attack, and i don t count the genie dex bonus time.

Cloud eruption will help you to always have enough chi for your 59 skills
  • Hypnos - Raging Tide
    edited April 2010
    ....use expel on the opponent and seal them for ~8s instead (only work in pk, doesn't work in duel)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Shealu - Heavens Tear
    Shealu - Heavens Tear Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Yup you are right b:pleased
  • Borsuc - Raging Tide
    Borsuc - Raging Tide Posts: 1,526 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    ....use expel on the opponent and seal them for ~8s instead (only work in pk, doesn't work in duel)
    Don't think it works in TW either.
  • Kai_Umi - Heavens Tear
    Kai_Umi - Heavens Tear Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Even if it worked in TW that would be useless coz the rest of the crowd would kill you lol
  • Hypnos - Raging Tide
    edited April 2010
    ...it doesn't work in tw, I know, but decent skill in pvp, if not best.

If it work in TW? imagine every1 have wiz skill Force of Will. A bm run up to you and got silenced, a sin break out of stealth and got silenced, a cleric healing barb got silenced...I hope you see how op can it be if it's allowed in TW >.>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Alienated - Archosaur
    Alienated - Archosaur Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Skills I have on my genie : Extreme Poison, Three of Protection, Cauterlize and Holly Path.

About Frenzy - isn't it kinda dangerous to cast it in PvP? It reduces your defense to 0.
  • Hypnos - Raging Tide
    edited April 2010
    use it along with psychic will or earth vector then holy path away? /:)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Alienated - Archosaur
    Alienated - Archosaur Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    use it along with psychic will or earth vector then holy path away? /:)

Good idea in 1v1...
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Skills I have on my genie : Extreme Poison, Three of Protection, Cauterlize and Holly Path.

About Frenzy - isn't it kinda dangerous to cast it in PvP? It reduces your defense to 0.

As if we ever had any...
    I <3 AGOREY
  • ryukage
    ryukage Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Frenzy is a rush-burst skill. And it can good to use in PvP IF you remember three thoughts.

The first thought is if your opponent is off-guard or incapacitated and you're confident you can drop him before he retaliates. If you Frenzy on an opponent who sees you coming, you might as well put yourself on the grill, cause you'll be a dead fish.

The second thought on using Frenzy is if you know you won't take damage during those 8 seconds anyway. -cough-Psychic Will vs. physical classes-cough-

The third thought is that its basically useless against multiple enemies, unless by some divine grace they're all close enough together to be caught in a single Earth Vector. Then you might be able to aoe them to death before they roll you. But in any realistic situation, you'd Frenzy rush the first guy just to get pwned by his partner. Of course, if you have your own team together, it can be done if timed well.
  • ankster
    ankster Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    i have a genie which increases my speed in flying....but i cant fly...........any idea what i shud do????
  • _Leonidas_ - Raging Tide
    _Leonidas_ - Raging Tide Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    ^_^ well if ur looking for PvP 1st Holy Path 2nd Absulte domain(perfect against sins who like to pop out n stun or BMs n barbs with stun archers etc) 3rd Leaf Dance (Critsb:dirty)
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    ^_^ well if ur looking for PvP 1st Holy Path 2nd Absulte domain(perfect against sins who like to pop out n stun or BMs n barbs with stun archers etc) 3rd Leaf Dance (Critsb:dirty)

leaf dance is now the most useless geni skill of all time

throwing your glowbugs energey away for 2% crit vs frenzy+EP

2% crit vs at least 40% extra damage per hit for the next 10 or so seconds
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • Borsuc - Raging Tide
    edited May 2010
    ryukage wrote: »
    Frenzy is a rush-burst skill. And it can good to use in PvP IF you remember three thoughts.

The first thought is if your opponent is off-guard or incapacitated and you're confident you can drop him before he retaliates. If you Frenzy on an opponent who sees you coming, you might as well put yourself on the grill, cause you'll be a dead fish.

The second thought on using Frenzy is if you know you won't take damage during those 8 seconds anyway. -cough-Psychic Will vs. physical classes-cough-

The third thought is that its basically useless against multiple enemies, unless by some divine grace they're all close enough together to be caught in a single Earth Vector. Then you might be able to aoe them to death before they roll you. But in any realistic situation, you'd Frenzy rush the first guy just to get pwned by his partner. Of course, if you have your own team together, it can be done if timed well.
    Frenzy from far away or while they don't notice you, cast in the last 3 or so seconds (2 sec cast for Earth Vector), then Holy Path away if they don't get stunned (or some were out of AOE range).

Frenzy is BEST used on AOEs...

...if you're a wizard you can also distance shrink before Holy Pathing.
  • ryukage
    edited May 2010
    Frenzy from far away or while they don't notice you, cast in the last 3 or so seconds (2 sec cast for Earth Vector), then Holy Path away if they don't get stunned (or some were out of AOE range).

Frenzy is BEST used on AOEs...

...if you're a wizard you can also distance shrink before Holy Pathing.
    "Best"? Nah.

Problem #1: The more people you approach, the greater your chance of being spotted. Simple logic to an active PvPer. Try it while rednamed, I guarantee someone will see it coming, and it only takes one wise person to stop you when you have 0 gear defense.

Problem #2: Psychic aoes aren't Wizard aoes. It's not as easy to catch multiple PLAYERS in a psychic aoe, providing your opponents are intelligent. A 6m radius isn't that big. Though if they're dumb enough to constantly stand in a mob, well then...

Problem #3: Just because you have Holy Path doesn't mean they don't. Dead fish when they catch up to you. They'll have you auto-targeted so it's not gonna be hard for them to get hits in.

Frenzy is BEST used to drop a single target when you're playing a Psychic. Don't get it twisted. We aren't Wizards.
  • Borsuc - Raging Tide
    edited May 2010
    Well, if they Holy Path behind you it's gonna be a chase of sorts. It's not like they can go faster than you. So it's time wasted, aka exactly the thing you're going for. And that time is plenty for your frenzy to wear off, after which, you are not such a weak target anymore. b:pleased

Isn't it 8m AOE btw?
  • PequetteV - Lost City
    PequetteV - Lost City Posts: 1,202 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    holy path should be your first
    extreme poison + frenzy
    absolute domain
    tree of protection

genie skill tree have blank space maybe it will be tideborn skills only but no word about it
    genesis (r.i.p.) ===> conqueror (r.i.p.) ===> zen (r.i.p.) ===> iam (r.i.p.) ===> guardianz (r.i.p.) ===> spectral ===> essence
    starting to be a nice guild hoppers b:surrender

go on my website it contains lots useful informations about PWI

[noparse]http://pequette.comuf.com[/noparse]
  • ryukage
    edited May 2010
    Well, if they Holy Path behind you it's gonna be a chase of sorts. It's not like they can go faster than you. So it's time wasted, aka exactly the thing you're going for. And that time is plenty for your frenzy to wear off, after which, you are not such a weak target anymore. b:pleased

Isn't it 8m AOE btw?

Eh I guess @ the time wasting part.

Earth Vector is 6m, unless you have the demon version which becomes 8m.

Glacial Shards is 6m, even though it claims to be 8m. (Typing error in translation?)

Sandburst Blast is 8m.

Aqua cannon is 8m, but centered on the caster.

Red Tide is 8m, as far as I can tell.

*I assumed you meant Earth Vector, which was why I remarked at the 6m radius.