2x drop

Options
Hhlolz - Harshlands
Hhlolz - Harshlands Posts: 574 Arc User
edited April 2010 in Suggestion Box
Im seriously getting very annoyed at the stupid **** drop rate of gold mats in 3-2 and 3-3, please put 2x drop at next maintenance because i did about 8 3-2 runs and got 0 golds, 2 full 3-3 runs where no gold dropped at all either.

If your going to come to post: ''bad luck'' just gtfo pleaseb:pleased
*Faildom*
I don't need a Squad
Level a Venomancer to 90.
Aug 12, 2009
Post edited by Hhlolz - Harshlands on

Comments

• RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    This is the way things are supposed to be. Frustrating yes! Should you be handed mats no! Work for it, how do you think many of us got our mats BEFORE all of the 2x b:sadb:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Hhlolz - Harshlands
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I know, i used to be used to normal drop, then when 2x drop came here i dont really farm at normal drop anymore...

problem of 3-2 and 3-3 is that its either a gold mat or NOTHING at all, since green mats arent worth a ****.

Have more than 50 sorceress auras in my bank and couldnt even sell them for 10k ea......

oh god.
    *Faildom*
    I don't need a Squad
    Aug 12, 2009
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited April 2010
    Options
    b:surrender

I NPC all but 4 99 greens. The few I don't NPC, for 300-1mill each.

But yes, you can say bad luck, crappy rate, but it is normal and does suck. Bringing back 2x drop rate though I just do not think is good for the server's.

Who knows, they will most likely bring it back again anyways b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Asperitas - Lost City
    Asperitas - Lost City Posts: 907 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    This is the way things are supposed to be.

+1

I don't like the prospect of only having to farm a couple runs to get a gold mat. They're supposed to be decently rare, not something you get 50% of the time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Hhlolz - Harshlands
    edited April 2010
    Options
    There is a difference in having a 50% chance per run then 18%, 18% is at 2x drop which is very rare, 82% chance per run not to get it, at this rate its 91% not to get it which means you will never get it so its not worth the time, which means there just are no ways of getting some moneyy instead of the thing that every lvl 100 does: CASH SHOPPING.
    *Faildom*
    I don't need a Squad
    Aug 12, 2009
  • Grippieluver - Lost City
    Grippieluver - Lost City Posts: 9,807 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    iz it just me.. or hazz this not been suggested?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Thankiez to Dorset for the sig!

MagicHamsta will remain in our hearts forever

P.S. I am a female venomancer ^^ I know it's rare, isn't it?
  • Asperitas - Lost City
    edited April 2010
    Options
    There is a difference in having a 50% chance per run then 18%, 18% is at 2x drop which is very rare, 82% chance per run not to get it, at this rate its 91% not to get it which means you will never get it so its not worth the time, which means there just are no ways of getting some moneyy instead of the thing that every lvl 100 does: CASH SHOPPING.

I'm sorry, I probably should have clarified. I meant, that having a gold mat drop once every two runs is too much. I only have to run belial 4 times to finish my Calloused Lionheart Hatchets? That really defeats the purpose of "rarity".

Not to mention, in my opinion a 9% drop rate isn't too bad. This is how things were before. I managed to farm things before, I can manage now. Just because we all got lazy during 2x doesn't mean it should stay that way.

3-3 is an endgame instance, dropping endgame mats. It just doesn't sit well with me if you can complete a piece of gear in 2 runs.

And to answer your question, yes there is an alternative to cash shopping. It's called merchanting. A lot of successful cash-shoppers use this. Should probably check it out some time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Hazumu - Dreamweaver
    Hazumu - Dreamweaver Posts: 293 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    But here's the kicker to the nuts.

TT mats are worth scrap now. You'd be lucky to even cover the cost of the subs anymore with the normal rate now. Either increase the worth of mats, or increase the rate of drops. In the old days TT runs were profitable, but not anymore, that's what makes the difference between normal drops now and normal drops back then.

Current status quo is just.... x.x
  • Krisnda - Lost City
    Krisnda - Lost City Posts: 1,465 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Well if they bring back 2x drop again, then people are going to ask why not just leave it that way, which isnt what the game originally had. Also if we had 2x drop forever, then people will get "used" to that, and will ask for more (then it will be 4x, 6x, whatever). I think we should just leave it alone, and stop complaining.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    A good moderator should:
    - Have the computer skills necessary to handle forum-related tasks (Web skills, basic programming)
    - Be patient to handle all sorts of requests
    - Be level-headed to keep discussions and some petty squabbles in check.b:cool
  • Asperitas - Lost City
    edited April 2010
    Options

TT mats are worth scrap now. You'd be lucky to even cover the cost of the subs anymore with the normal rate now. Either increase the worth of mats, or increase the rate of drops. In the old days TT runs were profitable, but not anymore, that's what makes the difference between normal drops now and normal drops back then.

Increasing drop rates won't make anything more profitable. Ceterus paribus, aggregate supply increases, prices will fall.

Give the economy some time, and prices should rise again. In fact, I've already started noticing it. Antenna of Consumer of Souls were at 250k~ and Forshura's Arms 300k~ during the event. They're both near 400k now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options

OP was talking about 3-3... even during double drop rates, TT99 gold mat prices didn't suffer at all. During 2x drop event, would get at least a gold or two per run, for the most part... Some runs dropped as many as 4 or 5 golds... Now you can do 3-4 runs and you're lucky if you get one gold.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • HeavensWing - Sanctuary
    HeavensWing - Sanctuary Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    If your going to come to post: ''bad luck'' just gtfo pleaseb:pleased

Ba...Ba...
    Not good luck? b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Original Join date: Nov 24, 2008
    Originally Posted by Russiee - Raging Tide

As for Shadow Escape. "I am sin, I Shadow Escape on a boss, Boss attacks cleric and squad wipes. Lolol im pro fish".

^ So pro b:victory ^
  • ladyamen
    ladyamen Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    the drop rate is just for everything FRUSTRAITING! a game should be fun and not like, I`m online about 5 hours just only to collect 12 rough furs!! b:surrender
    PLEASE increase the drop rate!
  • Mala_Curica - Lost City
    Mala_Curica - Lost City Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    to me seems like they actually lower down drop rates after all those 2x events.not talking about hh,i mean on general drops.before those 2x events started,people use to grind for money,and it worked..sort of.i remember i was grinding on my other character on butterflies,and dq items wasnt so rare as they are now.today i spend over 1hr at butterflies on my cleric,2 dq items,and 2 armor items,which isnt even 30k.i doubt that was just bad luck because during quests is same thing.
    if i need 60 random drops from mob,considering i dont get drop with each mob,in like 100 mobs i get 6-7 dq items..thats pretty low drop rate for me.
    it wasnt that bad b4 when i lvl my other chars,any1 else notice this?
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited April 2010
    Options
    it wasnt that bad b4 when i lvl my other chars,any1 else notice this?

I have noticed it and have talked with a few people.

My theory ->
    The server reset to the "standard" drop rate versus the actual server drop rate.

One reason I was hoping for maintenance b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]