Let's talk about Safety Lock

2»

Comments

• VerenKaunis - Dreamweaver
    VerenKaunis - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,099 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Was in one PK fight just for fun and set it to 30. Now I have to start my day with the World Quest every day, cause it takes 30 minutes before I can buy/sell/drop gear.
    got you beat. first time i heard about safety lock i was on my Wizard from dreamweaver (BloodSavior). felt like trying out alittle pking since i was new to mmos and set the damn thing to 5 hours not knowing it wont let me sell stuff.

can tell you those wernt a fun 3 days

b:laugh

Ever since my first experience with SL, I've never set it to more than 10 minutes. Somehow I had the mistaken belief that the SL would count down even when I wasn't logged in and that once the time was up then I'd have to set it again. Said to myself 'Why not?' and set it to 12 hours. Reading comprehension failure on my part. b:surrender

That said, even with SL set to 10 minutes it's still incredibly annoying when I first log in and want to check something before leaving town.
    This alt has been brought to you by lkurei - Harshlands.
    I'm a guy. b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] lol
    'I think most of us f2p players stopped caring about buying gold once the ani packs came in, bent the gold market over a chair and did unspeakable things to it. >_>' Miugre - Heavens Tear
  • CrowPrince - Lost City
    CrowPrince - Lost City Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    this woudl work if guardian scrolls were not so expensive. People could afford to pvp back than because scrolls were 30k each. You could grind that money easily in grind parties at fish etc.

Do not grind party us we come in peace b:laugh. seriously though i don't see what the big deal is. sure red names don't drop anything but if your smart you would have lock on aswell and not drop anything. almost every one has lock on these days and if they don't and they are silly enough to bed red name then they deserve to drop items in my opinion
  • CrowPrince - Lost City
    CrowPrince - Lost City Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    b:laugh

Ever since my first experience with SL, I've never set it to more than 10 minutes. Somehow I had the mistaken belief that the SL would count down even when I wasn't logged in and that once the time was up then I'd have to set it again. Said to myself 'Why not?' and set it to 12 hours. Reading comprehension failure on my part. b:surrender

That said, even with SL set to 10 minutes it's still incredibly annoying when I first log in and want to check something before leaving town.

12 Hours i feel sorry for you my 5 hours was bad enough. my first thought of SL was the same that it would count down even if i logged out and i would press a button to reactivate.

/Edit: sorry for double post forgot about that rule. thats what i get for posting half asleep
  • liss18
    liss18 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Problem:

Saftey Lock was 'magically' activated, EVEN THO I DIDNT CLICK ANYTHING THAT WAS REALTED TO SAFTEY LOCK OR SEE ANY WARNING MESSAGES, I am very careful with what I click and read EVERYTHING b4 I mess with settings. I just logged on and poof, saftey lock has been activated. I dont know how to fix it or where to find the window for it. No, nobody else is using my account. No, my family members didnt mess with it my account or anything. Although, I did switch back and forth between different accounts that are infact mine - sending myself mail. Yes, I'm a newbie. Please help anyways.

Q: "Where is the Saftey Lock Window so that I can change the settings to 1 min?" I've been searching and researching but still cant find it.

Q: "Does Saftey Lock affect my mail or anything else I need to be aware of -(I'm guessing, yes)?" I sent myself some mail with my other account, switching back and forth like I said b4. Eventually, my mail stopped appearing and It hasnt come back. I keep getting a general message saying 'Saftey Lock still active! Action unavailable' when I try to do anything with the post box.

Q: (Off Topic) "Where can I find socket stones and weapons that have sockets?"

- And sorry I dont know anything about PW settings, etc. If you want us to learn about them, then please tell us newbies! If you dont help us, the new people wouldnt bother playing PW in the first place do to frustration and PW would go out of buisness.

PS. Did I mention that I hate Saftey Lock? Even if it is good for everybody, protecting this and that.. blah, blah, blah.

Suggestion:

PW should at least post a link for Saftey Lock information since everybody desperately needs the info. I had to type this question for heavens sake.

Thanks,
    Liss b:cute
  • King_Asmodei - Lost City
    King_Asmodei - Lost City Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    regardless of scrolls, dolls, or safety lock. why punish the pkers on a pvp server is my question :P i think pvp shouldnt have repurcusions on a pvp server i can understand if it was a pve server but thats just my thoughts. go ahead flame me for them if you must idc really i prob wont be back on this thread so it will waste your time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    *sigh* I started as one of the few fists bms. I was ridiculed left and right now ur laughed at if you're not a fist bm. b:surrender
  • VerenKaunis - Dreamweaver
    VerenKaunis - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,099 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    liss18 wrote: »
    Saftey Lock was 'magically' activated, EVEN THO I DIDNT CLICK ANYTHING THAT WAS REALTED TO SAFTEY LOCK OR SEE ANY WARNING MESSAGES, I am very careful with what I click and read EVERYTHING b4 I mess with settings. I just logged on and poof, saftey lock has been activated. I dont know how to fix it or where to find the window for it. No, nobody else is using my account. No, my family members didnt mess with it my account or anything. Although, I did switch back and forth between different accounts that are infact mine - sending myself mail. Yes, I'm a newbie. Please help anyways.

The SL doesn't 'magically' change on its own. Either you or someone else changed it.
    Q: "Where is the Saftey Lock Window so that I can change the settings to 1 min?" I've been searching and researching but still cant find it.

Top left of the screen. It's the little blinking lock that says 'Safety Lock' when you hold your mouse over it.
    Q: "Does Saftey Lock affect my mail or anything else I need to be aware of -(I'm guessing, yes)?" I sent myself some mail with my other account, switching back and forth like I said b4. Eventually, my mail stopped appearing and It hasnt come back. I keep getting a general message saying 'Saftey Lock still active! Action unavailable' when I try to do anything with the post box.

Doesn't do anything to change mail being sent to you or mail that you already sent. What SL does do is keep you from accessing your mail (and some other stuff).
    Q: (Off Topic) "Where can I find socket stones and weapons that have sockets?"

You have to buy them from the boutique.
    - And sorry I dont know anything about PW settings, etc. If you want us to learn about them, then please tell us newbies! If you dont help us, the new people wouldnt bother playing PW in the first place do to frustration and PW would go out of buisness.

Or you could, I dunno, figure things out on your own? That and asking around (which you're donig now) will teach you pretty much all you need to know. Oh, and stickies exist for a reason.
    PW should at least post a link for Saftey Lock information since everybody desperately needs the info. I had to type this question for heavens sake.

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=5858941&postcount=47

The rest of that thread is here.
    This alt has been brought to you by lkurei - Harshlands.
    I'm a guy. b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] lol
    'I think most of us f2p players stopped caring about buying gold once the ani packs came in, bent the gold market over a chair and did unspeakable things to it. >_>' Miugre - Heavens Tear
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    sweetjamie wrote: »
    So why should they have safety lock to prevent pkers from losing items? If the server doesn't want people losing items, maybe they should change it to a PvE server.

Lol @ you not knowing the definition of steal.

Good advice.
    They turn the safety lock off in town. Turn it back on when they go out.
    You seemed to miss that through the whole post.

I said this thread was for PvP players. You are on Dreamweaver. Leave with your ignorance.

red part proves you're a complete idiot.

as the rest of you efin idea?

http://i554.photobucket.com/albums/jj426/skepticenc/double_facepalm.jpg

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited April 2010
This discussion has been closed.