Lazy barbs, build your own chi for a change.

Options
2»

Comments

• Brutu - Heavens Tear
    Brutu - Heavens Tear Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Yeah.I know I got both or all 3 DD classes anyway you get in squads more easily and are the ones who get the priority of healing.
    DDs should not have to be healed unless your in an extreme situation, I literally never need healing unless the boss aoes, why? I be careful not to pull aggro and always fire at the same target as the barb... I literally don't need to think at all as an archer in bhs/fbs.

We get priority on heals? Well yeah but we also need to keep the aggro from the rest of the squad sometimes in situations where the squad doesn't focus fire. Be chi efficient as it is difficult to type whilst spamming skills and ask for a spark from a veno(if there is one). Pull bosses and other stuff if a veno isn't there. Rush to check if the door is open in 79 aswell as other oddball situations. Lead the squad in the right direction as I am the one to go first, that is, first but not so far that the squishies get insta gibbed if they accidentally pull aggro from a mob I ran around.

What do I have to do as an archer? Deal damage. Protect the cleric in situations where the cleric pulls aggro. Weaken the boss's max hp(if it's a tough boss). Cover my own rear.

I would say, as a result of the above, barbs have the hardest job in the group next to that of the cleric.
  • XylolyX - Heavens Tear
    XylolyX - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options

Lately I notice a lot of barbs even +90 never use Bestial Rage ._. Wth... In most cases you don't even need to get chi pre pull, since ul get tons while you run & mobs are hitting you (b:chuckle barbs are masochists, we get "chi" from bestial rage + getting hit).

A few days ago I had a barb like that in squad, I asked him "why you don't use Bestial Rage?"
    He- goes to human & buffs himself in the middle of a huge pile of mobs. Everyone in squad O.O
    "I don't understand. Did you mean unslaught?"
    - "No... You know... Bestial Rage... The skill which allows you to get chi...?"
    - "Oh I never heard of it. I Will learn it"
    /facepalm

Anybody else remember the barb glitch with bestial rage? Even a while after they fixed that glitch I remember being very hesitant to use the skill...or else I'm running and standing still in the instance, and lagging hard.

Now with Sage Bestial Rage it's either working or in cooldown.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lvl10XBarb
    Lvl10XArcher
    lvl10XAssassin
  • XylolyX - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2010
    Options
    EASY!?

Not really <.<

I hate tanking Frost on my barb, it sucks so much. I really dont do it anymore unless i get free Hypers from people that are desperate for a 9X tank. Everyone will go afk during many of the bosses in Frost, thats just simple fact. As the tank you get sealed/stunned etc repeatably at most of the bosses. Thats means you cant set up a the tank macro and afk at all, have to be at your computer all the damn time in Frost . How the hell is that suppose to be easy. Leveling is suppose to be done while watching a movie b:angry

As a barb you have to do 50% more work than most of the party. Its kinda the same in Rebirth to. Everyone can go afk all the time beside the barb ;(

Being a DD in most instances i can just auto shoot and go eat cookies and watch TV, thats my definition of having it easy, being archer - best afk class b:cute

I sincerely hope that was sarcasm. If not, wow, just wow.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lvl10XBarb
    Lvl10XArcher
    lvl10XAssassin
  • Oscars_SOUL - Lost City
    Oscars_SOUL - Lost City Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    ill have lily as no party on me barb then i dont like lazy ppl who just afk on bosses or anything that u should we helping on party.

just cos u wana watch some cartoon dosent mean we barb dont want 2 chat with friends
    but party should come first then whatever u wana do.

1 less barb for u miss tigerlily b:shutup
  • ZoanoAce - Lost City
    ZoanoAce - Lost City Posts: 469 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I sincerely hope that was sarcasm. If not, wow, just wow.
    I dont think it was.b:laugh
    ●Barb - The "natural" leader. Cool and collected, slow to anger, and typically jovial. Swift to act when friends' lives are in danger, and prepared to lay down his life if the situation calls for it.

End of lvling, starting of the unimaginableb:laughb:victoryb:coolb:cool
  • VlLKASS - Sanctuary
    VlLKASS - Sanctuary Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Anybody else remember the barb glitch with bestial rage? Even a while after they fixed that glitch I remember being very hesitant to use the skill...or else I'm running and standing still in the instance, and lagging hard.

Now with Sage Bestial Rage it's either working or in cooldown.
    O.O when was this glitch. I have been playing my barb for a while & never noticed this. Maybe I was just lucky.
    Being a DD in most instances i can just auto shoot and go eat cookies and watch TV, thats my definition of having it easy, being archer - best afk class
    Hm... The moment I afk on archer I find myself dead... <_< Or half charm gone when I come bk.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XylolyX - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2010
    Options
    O.O when was this glitch. I have been playing my barb for a while & never noticed this. Maybe I was just lucky.

Some of the long time barbs would remember...

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=328051&highlight=glitch

This was one of the myriad of posts concerning the glitch. Basically when one used Bestial Onslaught to gain chi in an instance, the tiger kept running and lagging and running and lagging and so on.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lvl10XBarb
    Lvl10XArcher
    lvl10XAssassin
  • VlLKASS - Sanctuary
    VlLKASS - Sanctuary Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Some of the long time barbs would remember...

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=328051&highlight=glitch

This was one of the myriad of posts concerning the glitch. Basically when one used Bestial Onslaught to gain chi in an instance, the tiger kept running and lagging and running and lagging and so on.

Hm.. I remember some barbs were QQing about it. But mine never had this for some odd reason...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • OMarvelous - Sanctuary
    OMarvelous - Sanctuary Posts: 339 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    If there ever was a legit reason to QQ, that would be it lol.
  • Anchali - Heavens Tear
    Anchali - Heavens Tear Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    EASY!?

Not really <.<

I hate tanking Frost on my barb, it sucks so much. I really dont do it anymore unless i get free Hypers from people that are desperate for a 9X tank. Everyone will go afk during many of the bosses in Frost, thats just simple fact. As the tank you get sealed/stunned etc repeatably at most of the bosses. Thats means you cant set up a the tank macro and afk at all, have to be at your computer all the damn time in Frost . How the hell is that suppose to be easy. Leveling is suppose to be done while watching a movie b:angry

As a barb you have to do 50% more work than most of the party. Its kinda the same in Rebirth to. Everyone can go afk all the time beside the barb ;(

Being a DD in most instances i can just auto shoot and go eat cookies and watch TV, thats my definition of having it easy, being archer - best afk class b:cute

b:cute i totally agree with you hehe

-edit

but..in FF archers cant really afk... we need to keep DDing since we get stun a lot. actually no one is supposed to afk in FF, i afk-ed once came back and dead.
    archer is awesome.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lyzzern - Lost City
    Lyzzern - Lost City Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I've only seen a barb spamming his buffs for chi, unlike all other classes that do that. He was a pro barb.
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2508297003&dateline=1263853257[/SIGPIC]
    Asoteric Runewolf just pwned you b:victory

(Yet another player who has quit this game :>; See you in Forsaken World)
  • XylolyX - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I've only seen a barb spamming his buffs for chi, unlike all other classes that do that. He was a pro barb.

If he has to spam buffs for chi, he's the opposite of pro. A good barb manages chi, he doesn't have to spam to get it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lvl10XBarb
    Lvl10XArcher
    lvl10XAssassin