Is there any way to change the background music?

Options
MermaidMan - Dreamweaver
MermaidMan - Dreamweaver Posts: 17 Arc User
edited April 2010 in Support Desk
I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the correct area, but here's to hoping that I did. In any case I'll try posting it in the General Discussion one too. I won't take it the wrong way if one of my posts ends up in the trash. ^^;

Anyway, I'm wondering if there's any way to change the background music that you hear when you walk into a town (for example) or when you're out grinding mobs. To be honest, I don't like PW's music that much. It's alright, but it's not my type of thing to listen to soothing, relaxing music while I'm getting my **** handed to me on a silver platter by mobs 3 levels higher than me. xD

So my questions are: Is there any way to change the music? If so, is it legal to do so? (Meaning I won't get banned for doing it.) And of course, if it is possible... how do I do it? ^^;

By the way, yes, I know I can just mute the music in-game and listen to whatever music I want on any media player... but that's not what I'm looking for. I want a specific song for every place I walk to and I don't want to have to leave the game and change the song every time I walk into a different area.

I'll appreciate any help, thanks for reading. :)
Post edited by MermaidMan - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Starchief - Sanctuary
    Starchief - Sanctuary Posts: 606 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    1) Perss U, minimize in game music

2) open up winamp

3) scroll down to metallica

4) maximize speaker volume

5) enjoy
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Krisnda - Lost City
    Krisnda - Lost City Posts: 1,465 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    1) Perss U, minimize in game music

2) open up winamp

3) scroll down to metallica

4) maximize speaker volume

5) enjoy
    1. ^ what he said
    2. no you can't do that, and if you did it would get you banned. Just turn off the in-game music and listen to something else.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    A good moderator should:
    - Have the computer skills necessary to handle forum-related tasks (Web skills, basic programming)
    - Be patient to handle all sorts of requests
    - Be level-headed to keep discussions and some petty squabbles in check.b:cool
  • Yukkuri - Heavens Tear
    Yukkuri - Heavens Tear Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I want a specific song for every place I walk to and I don't want to have to leave the game and change the song every time I walk into a different area.

I feel ya, bro, I really do. However, due to the very poor way this game manages it's music that part is impossible (sorry, but this is where this game falls short b:surrender). It uses the same music for multiple locations, some not related at all. For example, Archosaur takes and loads up city_a1 first, then city_a2. Normal game music logic would expect to repeat city_a2, but instead goes to city_b1 which is something completely different. Other music messes include the login screen music in Dreamweaver and other miscelaneous places and city_a1 (First part of arch music) in hell...

I've always wondered if it's bannable to simply drop a simple mp3 to the music folder (propertly named) which is the way to use custom music within the game but no official response (don't think anyone has asked before you). I have indeed tried it, but as mentioned in the previous... er... paragraph, it's just not worth it and reverted to the originals and kept Winamp and ThXXBGM as my music players.

(find the subliminal suggestion here)
    [sigpic][/sigpic]LOVE
    Information: It is proven that the majority of the Perfect World International player base suffers from "Motorcylophobia".

-Every single patch to an MMO causes players to cry: "They Changed It, Now It Sucks". Every. Single. Patch. -Taken from TV Tropes.
  • Starchief - Sanctuary
    Starchief - Sanctuary Posts: 606 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    you know it has been stated many times by GMs that messing with the games files in ANY way is bannable, you people just don get it <.<
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.