Can i run/play Perfect World?

iholyelement
iholyelement Posts: 1 Arc User
edited April 2010 in General Discussion
I want to play with the Highest quality and with the screen resolution of 1680 x 1050...
Here are meh.. uhm.. specs? yeah specs.. (:

Operating System: Windows Vista Ultimate
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E8400 @ 3.00GHz (2 CPUs), ~ 3.00GHz
RAM: 3070 MB (3GB+)
Hard Disk: 320GB Space left...
Graphic Display: nVidia GeForce 8500 GT
Sound Drivers:
Network: ADSL2+ (20MB/s Download & 1MB/s Upload)

Post edited by iholyelement on

Comments

• Nakhimov - Lost City
    Nakhimov - Lost City Posts: 1,829 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I hope you're not serious because a Little Tykes My First Gaming PC could run this game. With a little lag mind you, but still.

You'll run it exceptionally well.
    Bladestorm lets you spin around like a carnival ride and do damage. Not using it is almost like having a move called Confetti Rocket Power Leap and saving it for "emergencies"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nakhimov the Kingslayer of Kil'Jaeden's <Criminal Scum>
    wowprogress.com/guild/us/kil-jaeden/Criminal+Scum
  • iholyelement
    iholyelement Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I hope you're not serious because a Little Tykes My First Gaming PC could run this game. With a little lag mind you, but still.

You'll run it exceptionally well.

how big is the download then? 3GB? (:
  • Alliptica - Lost City
    Alliptica - Lost City Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    wow you have a better video card than me lol
    better ram too :D
    have fun :D
  • Nakhimov - Lost City
    Nakhimov - Lost City Posts: 1,829 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I want to play with the Highest quality and with the screen resolution of 1680 x 1050...

Sound Drivers:

how big is the download then? 3GB? (:

I wouldn't know as I've uninstalled the game and the downloader pack files themselves, however I'd guess it's in the range of 5GB. If you hadn't noticed, you can torrent it as well, it's much quicker than a straight download.
    Bladestorm lets you spin around like a carnival ride and do damage. Not using it is almost like having a move called Confetti Rocket Power Leap and saving it for "emergencies"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nakhimov the Kingslayer of Kil'Jaeden's <Criminal Scum>
    wowprogress.com/guild/us/kil-jaeden/Criminal+Scum
  • Cryin - Heavens Tear
    Cryin - Heavens Tear Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited April 2010

Sound Drivers:

With those. ..uhm... "specs" you will have some Graphic Lag at some point ... Better thig to do first is unistall Windows Vista and install the Windows 7 Pro.

Vista takes alot of the pc's performance, and RAM.... the graphic card is good, but not THAT good ... i had a 8600GT running at full screen 1400x900, and , for example, inside of FB59 sometimes i lagged bit ...

Another thing about the RAM, you could have like 8 Gb's but if the RAM's frequency is low its not worth it ...

Anyways, with that PC you can play PWI fairly well .. =)

See you in game b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Only love breaks a heart." b:thanks
  • AlbireoTwo - Lost City
    AlbireoTwo - Lost City Posts: 2,056 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    You can probably run it on max. I know your CPU is fine, since its better than mine. RAM should also be fine. Only problem might be the graphics card. But for this game it will probably be alright. BTW, is it a laptop or desktop?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thank you Forsakenx for the picture. b:thanks
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited April 2010
    I have a similar system, except I've got a Core2Duo 6600, 4GB ram, and an 8800GT with 512MB.

I run the game with all settings at Max, Soften turned off (because it looks like ****), and shadows off when I go into Archosaur. I get a pretty nice framerate, but there's always going to be lag in Arch.

Truly, the largest limiting factor to the FrameRate, (what most people incorrectly call lag,) is your graphics card, and system overhead.

P.S. Used to play on Vista, now playing on Win7 64-bit and liking it a LOT better. Easily 10% improvement in the graphics performance of the game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Della_Brown - Heavens Tear
    Della_Brown - Heavens Tear Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    With those. ..uhm... "specs" you will have some Graphic Lag at some point ... Better thig to do first is unistall Windows Vista and install the Windows 7 Pro.
    Vista/7 will make little difference, unless UAC/LUA confuses him (which is where 7 is much better). Not worth the cost or effort (7 is nicer to use, though; so if the OP has wanted to get 7 for other reasons...). You can turn off most of the RAM hogs, and get it within ~200MB of 7, typically. I mean, I hate Vista, too, and have to work on Vista PCs occasionally, but a 9800GT or GTS250 1GB (nVidia seems to have the fewest issues w/ PWI) costs around $90-110 (up to $130 w/ fancy coolers), where Win7 Pro will be around $200, and Home still just over $100. If I were suggesting purchases for better gaming, video would come before a new OS.
    Vista takes alot of the pc's performance, and RAM.... the graphic card is good, but not THAT good ... i had a 8600GT running at full screen 1400x900, and , for example, inside of FB59 sometimes i lagged bit ...
    If an 8600GT could have issues at 1400x900, max settings is probably out of the question, given how much of the chip is turned off in a 8500GT.

http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/452/5

Playability shouldn't be an issue, though. I didn't need to go down anywhere near minimum settings when I used a 7300GT/DDR2, which even a 8500GT should be able to beat.
    Another thing about the RAM, you could have like 8 Gb's but if the RAM's frequency is low its not worth it ...
    Anything faster than 667 is wasted on a stock E8400, except for specific latency-limited applications. There's little point in getting slow RAM when building a brand new PC (Core i3/i5/i7 or Athlon/Phenom II), but it's not going to make that much difference, even then, unless you get DDR3 800 or something.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/2792/7 (fancy & new)
    http://www.anandtech.com/show/2792/6 (fancy & new)
    http://www.anandtech.com/show/2232/7 (like OP's)
    Sound Drivers:
    PWI apparently likes to crash w/o sound drivers, and an output hooked up to something...
    "adults on HT is an ancient myth used to scare away the kids from stealing their parents credit cards D:" - Santacruz
  • Roseary - Sanctuary
    Roseary - Sanctuary Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited April 2010

Sound Drivers:

I think someone is just trying to brag about their PC... either way you can for certain run the game. Best bet is to just try it.. asking won't help you run the game, playing it will.

Edit: Also.. shouldn't this be in Tech? Side not~ you have no sound drivers?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AlbireoTwo - Lost City
    AlbireoTwo - Lost City Posts: 2,056 Arc User
    edited April 2010

I think someone is just trying to brag about their PC... either way you can for certain run the game. Best bet is to just try it.. asking won't help you run the game, playing it will.

Edit: Also.. shouldn't this be in Tech? Side not~ you have no sound drivers?
    Doubt it. If he was bragging, the specs would've been better.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thank you Forsakenx for the picture. b:thanks
  • Roseary - Sanctuary
    Roseary - Sanctuary Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Well my laptop isn't half of what his specs show, and I can run the game on max textures at least with minimal lag. Arch does not count in lag test, only bragging rights >_>. Granted, the game is the ONLY thing I can run, and I get **** water visuals.. but amazing pictures(if I ignore water areas).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Della_Brown - Heavens Tear
    Della_Brown - Heavens Tear Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited April 2010

That'd be like bragging about having an old Honda Accord. It'll get you where you need to go, but...showing off? My PC beats the OP's by a great margin for gaming, and it's not remotely worth bragging about, and it can be beaten significantly by a $600+ new AMD-based gaming PC.

PWI's downloads are not going to fill up that 20Mb/s pipe, and PWI takes a long time to install, so I don't see why asking is a problem, if the OP can't tell by reading the game's minimum requirements.
    "adults on HT is an ancient myth used to scare away the kids from stealing their parents credit cards D:" - Santacruz