When are we getting?

2»

Comments

• AlbireoTwo - Lost City
    AlbireoTwo - Lost City Posts: 2,056 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Before I go any further, let's clear something up:

1) The Nix is not bugged. That would be the skill Flesh Ream. Learn the difference.

2) Flesh Ream is not a Nix exclusive skill. You can buy it at the Zoologist in Archosaur (which is actually how you need to teach the Nix Ream anyway) and many pets already come with FR on them. Like... you know, the Kowlin.

People need to shut up and learn the facts before QQing about the Nix. =3

Now that that's over and done with...

... unless you feel like attempting to become a dev for PWI/paying out the **** to bribe devs to code what you want, it's probably never going to happen. If it is going to happen, you can expect to be made to wait for as long as the company wants to make you wait, because they aren't going to make a special effort to get it out faster just for you.

Also, chi charms? I LOL'd.
    Flesh ream is bugged?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thank you Forsakenx for the picture. b:thanks
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Flesh ream is bugged?

Precisely. The reason people like to say the Nix is bugged is because, when in PK, it's normally a Nix coming at them with FR instead of something like a Sawfly or Kowlin.

FR is bugged because the bleed doesn't suffer the PvP damage reduction - which no pet skill does in fact. Also, because a Nix is the best offensive pet, people will cry more when they get hit by a Nix's bleed rather than that of a Sawfly's, etc. etc. It's the same way pets are bugged in TT or whatever instance you want and don't have a damage reduction.

The irony is, there's genie skills that can be used to completely avoid the bleed. (Cauterize, anybody?) So, you know... the QQ isn't even valid any more, because you can avoid the bugged FR skill and the bleed it causes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AlbireoTwo - Lost City
    AlbireoTwo - Lost City Posts: 2,056 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Precisely. The reason people like to say the Nix is bugged is because, when in PK, it's normally a Nix coming at them with FR instead of something like a Sawfly or Kowlin.

FR is bugged because the bleed doesn't suffer the PvP damage reduction - which no pet skill does in fact. Also, because a Nix is the best offensive pet, people will cry more when they get hit by a Nix's bleed rather than that of a Sawfly's, etc. etc. It's the same way pets are bugged in TT or whatever instance you want and don't have a damage reduction.

The irony is, there's genie skills that can be used to completely avoid the bleed. (Cauterize, anybody?) So, you know... the QQ isn't even valid any more, because you can avoid the bugged FR skill and the bleed it causes.
    I didn't even know there was a pvp damage reduction in this game, just thought it was the other guys armor. xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thank you Forsakenx for the picture. b:thanks
  • Starchief - Sanctuary
    Starchief - Sanctuary Posts: 606 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    wait, Spoons is back? O.o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2010
    I didn't even know there was a pvp damage reduction in this game, just thought it was the other guys armor. xD

Haha, I used to think the same actually. XD But yeah, there's a PvP damage reduction (can't remember how much it is... 40%? I don't know, some kind of percentage. =) ) much like there's damage reductions against bosses in places like TT.

However, this damage reduction seems to be the same code, because much like pets are bugged against instance bosses and don't have damage reductions, they don't have damage reductions in PvP either. This makes the Nix pretty powerful, but it's bleed is deadly if you don't have the right resources to get rid of it quick enough. (Really, it hurts.) The thing is, a Sawfly of the same level as a Nix would do nearly the same (if not exactly the same, can't remember how bleed damage is calculated) bleed damage a Nix does. But who uses Sawflies any more? =<

But like I said, with genie skills like cauterize around, there's really no need to cry about Nix bleed. And I mean that's just one genie skill to get rid of the bleed, there's other that would do the same or make you immune to the bleed in the first place. xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • PsychicHarpy - Heavens Tear
    PsychicHarpy - Heavens Tear Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    eatwithspoons is with Battle of Immortals

Lvl 150 Heretic

Dumbest healer class in any MMO

AND he's stalking Battle of Immortals forums as I type this b:cute
    NOT lying >.>
    b:chuckleb:thanks

-EDIT-

Airyll wears the same outfit as me! cept mah pants are green and top is yellow!

Nix Bleed
    OH NOEZ- Psy Will--- Nix Dead! HAHAHAHA
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm the only Harpy, Who's Psychic and knows all!b:chuckleb:pleased

Live Life How You wish To Live It.

I love PWI, Teh Forums, and Konari b:thanks

Is currently working on Wizzy (imo better than my Psy)b:surrender name: SaphiraGione
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    But like I said, with genie skills like cauterize around, there's really no need to cry about Nix bleed.

There are two anti-bleed skills.... one that you can use to protect yourself from being bled but will not remove one if you already have it, and another that you can use to try to remove a bleed effect that's already been cursed on you. Both of them suck, badly.

Nix bleed only really hurts when the nix is more than several levels higher than you. At the same level (considering both the nix and veno should be the same level) you should be more worried about nuke damage.

The so called 'bug' was actually fixed on the CN servers, from what I understand, but was restored a few weeks later after everyone started complaining. I guess you spend $200 to get one, so it damn well better be OP.

I hope the same happens with the demon spark nerf... I hope it doesn't make it's way over here.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2010
    eatwithspoons is with Battle of Immortals

Lvl 150 Heretic

Dumbest healer class in any MMO

AND he's stalking Battle of Immortals forums as I type this b:cute
    NOT lying >.>
    b:chuckleb:thanks

-EDIT-

Airyll wears the same outfit as me! cept mah pants are green and top is yellow!

Nix Bleed
    OH NOEZ- Psy Will--- Nix Dead! HAHAHAHA

I want eatwithspoons back here. I don't play BoI, even though I had gotten a Beta code for it. It looked cool at first... then I decided none of the classes worked for me. |D So it's useless to me if he's on BoI forums. xD

And it's a great outfit. =3 Shame the top I bought cost so much, and I still don't really have enough coinage to dye it orange or yellow like I want to. ='<

@ Michael: Eh, I didn't know they sucked because I don't have them. Then again, bleed doesn't bother me, and whenever I PK'd (haven't done so for a while, but I've not played the game for a while. XD ) I could normally kill the venos before their Nix bothered me. Apart from, you know, the 98+ venos with cash shop gear. They nuked me into the blue oblivion, no Nix needed.

And they did, did they? I have to admit, I agree with the sentiment if you pay $200 for it, it had better be OP. You can bet I'd complain if they nerfed the Herc's tanking capabilities, for example. XD

And if they brought a demon spark nerf here I think we can safely say there'd be an absolute uproar.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Starchief - Sanctuary
    Starchief - Sanctuary Posts: 606 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    BoI is like pw+pokemon, every class gets a pet.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    @ Michael: Eh, I didn't know they sucked because I don't have them. Then again, bleed doesn't bother me, and whenever I PK'd (haven't done so for a while, but I've not played the game for a while. XD ) I could normally kill the venos before their Nix bothered me. Apart from, you know, the 98+ venos with cash shop gear. They nuked me into the blue oblivion, no Nix needed.

And they did, did they? I have to admit, I agree with the sentiment if you pay $200 for it, it had better be OP. You can bet I'd complain if they nerfed the Herc's tanking capabilities, for example. XD

And if they brought a demon spark nerf here I think we can safely say there'd be an absolute uproar.

Yeah, not worth the time and effort, kinda like most of the anti-sleep/anti-seal skills, they just don't really seem to work as advertised, or at all really. Nix bleed isn't all that when you hit 9x, really just an annoyance.

There will be hell to pay if they do bring it here... fist bm is probably one of the most expensive classes to equip end-game... a lot of people who spent decent money would be really upset... there's so little fun at end-game I'd probably stop playing. With sins and other classes end-game, BM without the hell spark just wouldn't be much fun to play anymore. What would be the point playing one of the classes with pretty much the weakest end-game... with the exception to maybe clerics or psychics.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    BoI is like pw+pokemon, every class gets a pet.

me played till ~26 on 3 different classes
    b:surrender
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • PsychicHarpy - Heavens Tear
    PsychicHarpy - Heavens Tear Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Hamssta you suck.....badly!

Lvl 46 Zerker- That class sucks.....imo b:surrender
    lvl 60 Heretic- Fail Healing class....no rezz? Fail (High Mana and HP)b:surrender
    lvl 56 Magus- Not like PWI's Wizzy, Low MP Compared to Heretic, Low Defense and Crowd control isn't worth sh*t b:shutup
    lvl 50 Champion- Very good Tanking Class, Very Low Attack Damage (Heretics hit MUCH harder)
    lvl 65 Slayer- I **** love this class even though the armor scares me a little O_O
    Yeah....that sums up why I came back to pwi
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm the only Harpy, Who's Psychic and knows all!b:chuckleb:pleased

Live Life How You wish To Live It.

I love PWI, Teh Forums, and Konari b:thanks

Is currently working on Wizzy (imo better than my Psy)b:surrender name: SaphiraGione