Another wep thread... QQ

Options
Ms_HopToIt - Sanctuary
Ms_HopToIt - Sanctuary Posts: 914 Arc User
edited April 2010 in Venomancer
K, so i've changed my mind about my TT90 wep (since its bound) And i've got enough money to get a frost wep. I dont know which one I want. both have advantages.

Sensiod=huge hp bonus (my hp pool is low) and more channeling, also I can sell it when i get lvl 95, and get a NP (not sure if i want that or not) I've also never tried out a wand.
or....
Aquadash= high spike damage. I could use it till lvl 99 or 100, then get the TT99 glaive or a nirvana wep, if im lucky enough.

Anyways I have reasons why I like both.. as you see. I just wanna know the communities thoughts.
>.<
Post edited by Ms_HopToIt - Sanctuary on

Comments

• King_Solomon - Heavens Tear
    King_Solomon - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,341 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    how often do you tank bosses with pet? if you do it often, wands are the best.

the FF glaive is ok but if you want spikes get the golden pataka. I bought 1 earlier and now I'm torn between my wiz and the veno -_-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you're willing to join another online game do NOT join any hosted by K2 NETWORK. Want to know why? Check BBB complaints.
  • Belial - Heavens Tear
    Belial - Heavens Tear Posts: 972 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Wands are my favourite weapon, just a shame I can't quite get it together for a Purgatory.

Wands have the smallest range on Magic Damage so, if you like constant heals/attacks, they rock for this.
    Swords and Glaives are the next best and have the added bonus of having a decent Physical Attack as well, if you are heretical enough to go in FoxForm and deal damage that way ;).

Between the two FF weapons, I'd go for the Sensoid, but it depends on your play style :).
  • Kenichiiii - Sanctuary
    Kenichiiii - Sanctuary Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I went with the pataka. The spike damage refines better than aquadash, and compared to my magic sword, the pataka dropped my base m att by 400 but raised my max by 1100, which I thought was worth it. I know patakas **** with heavy's att rate but aquadash is like a mirror copy with increased att rate and slightly less spike refine.

I think the slight drop in att is easily balanced by the much larger increase in spike damage so would go with aquadash :P
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Channel.

Channel channel channel channel.

Channel.

Channel channel channel.

Channel channel.

Channel.

That is all.
  • Nannako - Lost City
    Nannako - Lost City Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    b:surrender b:embarrass

Is it bad if i went for the Aquadash because it looked soo pretty?

I do love the weap tho. I dont have anything to compare it to but i trade i between my cleric and veno and seems to do well.
  • Ms_HopToIt - Sanctuary
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I went with the pataka. The spike damage refines better than aquadash, and compared to my magic sword, the pataka dropped my base m att by 400 but raised my max by 1100, which I thought was worth it. I know patakas **** with heavy's att rate but aquadash is like a mirror copy with increased att rate and slightly less spike refine.

I think the slight drop in att is easily balanced by the much larger increase in spike damage so would go with aquadash :P

Well, id probably never go with a pataka, unless it was that lunar pataka and i had enough -interval stuff to make up for lost attack rate. The last time i used a pataka was from lvl 48-60. And back then I really didn't know how to compare weps (I still dont lmao)

Wands are my favourite weapon, just a shame I can't quite get it together for a Purgatory.

Wands have the smallest range on Magic Damage so, if you like constant heals/attacks, they rock for this.
    Swords and Glaives are the next best and have the added bonus of having a decent Physical Attack as well, if you are heretical enough to go in FoxForm and deal damage that way ;).

Between the two FF weapons, I'd go for the Sensoid, but it depends on your play style :).

Well, I do deal damage in both forms equally. Grinding, BH, etc.... sometimes I stay in human the whole time, sometimes I'm in foxform. I really want a wep with -6 percent channeling, but Im not sure my damage in foxform would be that good.

Anyways heres a comparision of my build at 90 with both sensoid and aquadash

me with sensiod http://www.pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=558ff311a21efb5c
    w/aquadash http://www.pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=2cc0021d90f24db8
    >.<
  • axt57
    axt57 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Nothing stopping you from what I did... used my TT80 magic sword all the way to NP.

Saved quite a bit of money and never felt like I was underpowered - this coming from a LA veno.

The money you want to spend on the frost weapon - invest it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    WaffleChan - Sanctuary Posts: 2,897 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    go for the aquadash, youll have a higher end spike with it. tis always nice when killing things. i find - channel to be worthless except in emergency pet healing... no point in having it on spells that already have extremely fast cast, when you could be using those spots for valuable pdef ornaments for better survivability. (note this completely changes when youre LA or HA, then mdef jewelry is actually useful :p)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    advice to fledgling archers:
    Going sage is like drunken sex, at first she may look good, but when you wake up the next morning; you'll look at her and go WHAT HAVE I DONE.
  • Ms_HopToIt - Sanctuary
    edited April 2010
    Options
    go for the aquadash, youll have a higher end spike with it. tis always nice when killing things. i find - channel to be worthless except in emergency pet healing... no point in having it on spells that already have extremely fast cast, when you could be using those spots for valuable pdef ornaments for better survivability. (note this completely changes when youre LA or HA, then mdef jewelry is actually useful :p)

Probably the best advice ive seen atm. I think ill do that. (and excuse the ortaments in my 90 build.... best i could do for stat points b:surrender)
    >.<
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Well, every time I unequip my channel stuff, and we're only talking about 12% of it here, I really start to notice the difference.

Ironwood and amplify become interminably slow.

Still, life would be boring if everyone did the same thing. But I would sure as heck miss being able to have lots and lots and lots of -channel. (Well, some, anyway. I'm not rich enough to have lots.)
  • Ms_HopToIt - Sanctuary
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Well, in total I only have -18% channeling.
    -3 weapon
    -6 sleeves
    -3 rank top
    -3 necklace
    -3 belt

I usually only run around with -9% from the wep and sleeves.
    The other 12% are used during bosses when i need that extra healing boost.
    >.<