BIDS Mechanic Question

Impetus - Lost City
Impetus - Lost City Posts: 30 Arc User
edited April 2010 in Wizard
I don't really know any sage wizzies with bids (don't laugh at me) so I thought I'd share my question with you guys.

Does the crit rate increase happen before, during, or after the cast? For example, would bids take into account the incresed crit rate BEFORE the initial hit, or after? I've been looking around and I see a good majority (every sage wiz) praise how OP this skill is, so I'm under the assumption that it takes the crit increase into account before savagely invading multiple targets in the ****.

If the increase happens at the END of the skill (after damage has been distributed), imo it isn't THAT OP. I mean if this were the case, a Demon BIDS is basically the same thing, you just don't see them bragging about oneshotting ppl with it as often. >.>

Either way mah wiz nub is going sage, but I'd like to get an understanding of how big my future e-peen will get. ^.^''
Post edited by Impetus - Lost City on

Comments

• Ty - Heavens Tear
    Ty - Heavens Tear Posts: 604 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    If the increased crit procs it works on the BIDS damage, otherwise it wouldn't anywhere near as good as it is.
    I like pie
  • Impetus - Lost City
    edited April 2010
    Ah, thought so. Well it seems that you have helped me cement my choice of going sage, kind sir.

*offers a cookie*
  • Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    as a matter of fact, there is a trick where you can start channeling BIDS, switch to a non compatible weapon (like a lvl 1 fist or axe or something) and the 50% chance to get extra crit will still have a chance at proc'ing without using the sparks or starting the cooldown (although it does take the mp). The same trick can be used on sage MS/BT to build chi (after you have 2 sparks, getting to full chi takes like 5-10 seconds)
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Ah, thought so. Well it seems that you have helped me cement my choice of going sage, kind sir.

*offers a cookie*

me sense cookies
    b:avoid
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Watter - Lost City
    Watter - Lost City Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=669552
    this thread that i created have sum questions about sage skills.... and all of them have been properly answered ^-^
    u should go there :D
  • Impetus - Lost City
    edited April 2010
    @Adroit- Yeah I've read your thread regarding that bug exploit which is why I was kinda banking on the increase affecting the skill itself. I just wasn't sure of it. >.< Great find, btw.

@MagicHamsta- It seems that Ty doesn't want to claim his cookie. U CAN HAZ IT
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]