Question about Heavenrage boots and Helmet of Holy Punishment...

Options
Ms_HopToIt - Sanctuary
Ms_HopToIt - Sanctuary Posts: 914 Arc User
edited April 2010 in General Discussion
Ok, so since they put the tiger packs in, it costs 40 best luck tokens to make each of these items. Now before these items were 30m each, but since they made it to where you need 40 best luck tokens to make them, is market price still 30m or is it 200m now since
5m x 40 = 200m. I.e. are ppl still selling them for 30m regardless of what the tiger packs did?
>.<
Post edited by Ms_HopToIt - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I haven't seen anyone selling the items since Anniversary Packs, so I'm gonna guess they're around the 200m mark.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Ok, so since they put the tiger packs in, it costs 40 best luck tokens to make each of these items. Now before these items were 30m each, but since they made it to where you need 40 best luck tokens to make them, is market price still 30m or is it 200m now since
    5m x 40 = 200m. I.e. are ppl still selling them for 30m regardless of what the tiger packs did?

depends... how many stupid people can you find... and how stupid are they.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
  • NatureLover - Harshlands
    NatureLover - Harshlands Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I doubt anybody will collect 40 best luck and make heavenrage boots just so they can sell it. If they do collect 40 best luck, most likely they will use the boots themselves. If they do sell, it only make sense for them to sell at 200m, since nobody is stupid enough to make a loss despite all the effort required to collect 40 best lucks. But then at 200m, no one will buy...cuz that 200m can potentially get u scroll of tome, cube of fate stamp or nirvana items (Nirvana boots, not sure if they exist)

And so i think, heavenrage boots will never be in the market anymore until PWE came up with new packs that actually give heavenrage boots.
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I think its dumb how it takes 40 tokens of best luck.

>:/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Rumble - Harshlands
    Rumble - Harshlands Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    This is yet another shining example of how out of touch the devs and GMs are with the game. You can argue all you want whether the GMs should be included in this statement, but they are the go between that should be relating to the devs and decision makers how the in game economy works, usefulness of items, excitement level of releases, etc.

The GMs do a lot of good things too and I am not trying to diminish the impact they have, but in some areas they need to do a better job. Or perhaps I am mistaken and they did raise their voices, but were shot down by their bosses.

Another classic example is the chest of coins. I'm certain they can run a query on the database to see how many people have ever used a hammer to open these in the last year. If anyone was actually paying attention and the GMs wanted to actually increase the sales or usefulness of the item they would reduce the cost in boutique. I'm certain that if people stood to make a bit of profit off the transaction maybe more hammers would be bought. The fact that it is a frequent "prize" won in FC runs further exasperates the issue and adds an element of humor. You get a completely worthless item as a reward. If anyone was paying attention they would replace the "reward" with something of use.

Just playing the game for a short time would reveal some of these things. Addressing them could be fairly simple or profitable to PWI depending on the course of action taken. I.e. easy solution = replace the chest of coin drop in the database with another item like the cube chest that have a chance to contain coins when opened or remove them all together as they are worthless in their current state. Profitable solution = make hammers 3 gold per. When prices dropped below 300k per gold on HL server I'll bet more then a few people would have bought a hammer to open some boxes. When gold was down to 225k even more so.

In any event whoever made them 40 tokens of best luck has either never played the game before or didn't get any input before setting the cost.
  • Ephemerai - Sanctuary
    Ephemerai - Sanctuary Posts: 335 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    iirc when the packs were first announced heavenrage boots and helm of holy punishment were supposed to drop from the packs themselves.. then shortly after they got taken out of the table. QQ -is sad- =[

Oh well.. >_>"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • oyamajio
    oyamajio Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    No, never ever ever anyone is going to buy at the price, 200m, but the prices won't be anywhere close to 30m anymore, probably 60-100m? LOL

List them in my thread- http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=694672

Edit: Why do they do that? It's a preparation for another pack that contains those items to hit the market. It's a big reward for pack addicts. It's done in the similar way as the introduction of Chest of Coins to raise gold prices. So what I am telling you is that there's another pack coming along the way. Watch out for more!
  • axt57
    axt57 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    The tiger packs do not contain the helm of holy punishment or the heavenrage boots, so you won't see them for sale anywhere unless someone gets them from the coral packs.

If future packs do not contain such items, then I guess it would be far easier to farm them (in OHT) than cough up 200m.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tremblewith - Heavens Tear
    Tremblewith - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,558 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Well, honestly I'm expecting to see a large increase in the price of the helm and boots. The good thing is I'm after neither for my end-game, otherwise I suppose I'd be just outta luck w/ out CS or Merchandising.

As for the chest of coins... Yeah eh, what a waste of time lulz. They suckkkkk. Seriously, if they made a hammer sale for the boutique, it would benefit everyone. Although I'd imagine a price increase in gold =/, which would have a totally negative effect.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    if you were in a squad (of preferably venos) in there grinding like this is your only way to level, you'd probably all have it in a month or two. (60 mobs for 4 spirits iirc? in addition to the random drops?)
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    The market price is whatever people are willing to pay for them. At this point I think there are so few of them left in the game that I don't think there is a true market price anymore. Just what a few individuals are willing to pay. I know of only one holy helm and one heavenrage boots left on HT, and I run through all the cat shops in W Archo every day or two. So if there's just one player willing to pay 200 mil for one, then that's the "market price".

The helm could go up near 200 mil. It's a really nice set of stats for heavy and light armor wearers. Arguably better than the Nirvana helms. The boots I doubt will go that high. They give some hp, which you don't normally find on boots. But the hp are almost negligible compared to the refine table. I would think most people with that kind of money would opt for the Nirvana boots instead.
  • drjiggle
    drjiggle Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    if you were in a squad (of preferably venos) in there grinding like this is your only way to level, you'd probably all have it in a month or two. (60 mobs for 4 spirits iirc? in addition to the random drops?)

There are 5 levels of quality on those helmets, but the one you get from the packs requires 18560 Wraith's Spirits. Although (I think) you can do the quests in a squad to make them go more quickly, the Wraith Spirit's themselves aren't tradable. That means you would need to do 4640 quests. To get that done in a month or two, you'd need to do between 78 and 155 quests (4680 to 9300 mobs) per day. I don't know how you grind, but that's a bit ambitious for me.
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    They where selling at the price of 30m roughly, because most people didn't realize their value, or improperly valued them, and there was a surplus when anni packs where around. agree with me or not, its the exact same thing that happened with the TT100 gold mat when it was popping out of packs at christmas. when the items pop out of packs and are available to people who cant recognize value and want to make quick cash for something else, they will sell. Now that 2x is over (but for how long?) and the items don't pop out of packs, you could easily sell a twilight scepter for 200m.

supply vs demand creates an asymptote of value, with the upper limit set by the 200M best luck price. and 300M for twilight scepter.

as to the arguement that the devs are out of touch with the PW market place. how much are people paying for 250 uncanny crystals + 90/95/99 gear? and thats just for an extra 1% crit.

be honest, the person to be angry at here is yourself, because you didn't buy the crit boots or the helmet when they where grossly undervalued, and now that PW has pretty much set their value, their value is readily apparent, you realize you missed out.

"too late, too late" will be the cry, when the man with the bargains has passed you by.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sacredxstar - Heavens Tear
    Sacredxstar - Heavens Tear Posts: 916 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    drjiggle wrote: »
    There are 5 levels of quality on those helmets, but the one you get from the packs requires 18560 Wraith's Spirits. Although (I think) you can do the quests in a squad to make them go more quickly, the Wraith Spirit's themselves aren't tradable. That means you would need to do 4640 quests. To get that done in a month or two, you'd need to do between 78 and 155 quests (4680 to 9300 mobs) per day. I don't know how you grind, but that's a bit ambitious for me.

Ah, I remember my ambitious days when I first got into those instances and saw the Heavenrage boots and Helm.

I tried getting the Helm actually. Got to about ~100 wraith spirits until I was bored out of my mind. I actually calculated with 10 quests a day. It would have taken me a bit over a year to get it. And knowing me and how I rather have a life, I gave up that ambition, even though doing 10 quests a day as a veno with nix wouldn't have taken as long as other classes would have.
    I call it how I see it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Thanks Santacruz! :D
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    The market price is whatever people are willing to pay for them. At this point I think there are so few of them left in the game that I don't think there is a true market price anymore. Just what a few individuals are willing to pay. I know of only one holy helm and one heavenrage boots left on HT, and I run through all the cat shops in W Archo every day or two. So if there's just one player willing to pay 200 mil for one, then that's the "market price".

The helm could go up near 200 mil. It's a really nice set of stats for heavy and light armor wearers. Arguably better than the Nirvana helms. The boots I doubt will go that high. They give some hp, which you don't normally find on boots. But the hp are almost negligible compared to the refine table. I would think most people with that kind of money would opt for the Nirvana boots instead.

there is actually aleast 2 heavenrage boots on ht... one being sold by a wiz... and another by an arch who stole it from a veno. not everything is sold through west catshops.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
  • Tremblewith - Heavens Tear
    Tremblewith - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,558 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    as to the arguement that the devs are out of touch with the PW market place. how much are people paying for 250 uncanny crystals + 90/95/99 gear? and thats just for an extra 1% crit.

be honest, the person to be angry at here is yourself, because you didn't buy the crit boots or the helmet when they where grossly undervalued, and now that PW has pretty much set their value, their value is readily apparent, you realize you missed out.

"too late, too late" will be the cry, when the man with the bargains has passed you by.

I agree with nearly everything you stated. However, I'm sorry to say this but the Devs/GMs are out of touch with PWI's economy. A long time ago, when gold prices were hitting 200-250k, people were getting very mad and making posts on the forums. The GMs stated they are watching the gold prices daily, and when they released Jolly Jones w/ his stuff, people would create a coin sink in the economy, thus making gold prices hit 100k once again.

This never happened. Sure, a "coin sink" could have happened... It didn't, as look at gold today due to packs and such. If gold makes it to even 250k, people will go nuts and buy the **** out of hammers, thus making gold prices rise once again. When GM's were notified about this, they didn't have anything to say to the players. Threads were closed on the spot for "QQ this QQ that". This is proof that although the GMs "might" be monitering prices of various items/gold/amount of coin, however they don't care about anything and never have. I'm not QQing at all, I'm just stating facts that can be backed up by using the search function on PWI's forums.
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    honestly i dont know why more people don't farm the helmet.
    the level 1 helmet gets the exact same refining bonus as the level 5. the base hp is 100 lower, the bonus hp is 150 lower, and the base vit is 8~9 lower.

but for the helmet at least, i think the real value is in the refines.
    and even the level 1 has +10 strength.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Smobo - Heavens Tear
    Smobo - Heavens Tear Posts: 386 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    This is yet another shining example of how out of touch the devs and GMs are with the game. You can argue all you want whether the GMs should be included in this statement, but they are the go between that should be relating to the devs and decision makers how the in game economy works, usefulness of items, excitement level of releases, etc.

The GMs do a lot of good things too and I am not trying to diminish the impact they have, but in some areas they need to do a better job. Or perhaps I am mistaken and they did raise their voices, but were shot down by their bosses.

Another classic example is the chest of coins. I'm certain they can run a query on the database to see how many people have ever used a hammer to open these in the last year. If anyone was actually paying attention and the GMs wanted to actually increase the sales or usefulness of the item they would reduce the cost in boutique. I'm certain that if people stood to make a bit of profit off the transaction maybe more hammers would be bought. The fact that it is a frequent "prize" won in FC runs further exasperates the issue and adds an element of humor. You get a completely worthless item as a reward. If anyone was paying attention they would replace the "reward" with something of use.

Just playing the game for a short time would reveal some of these things. Addressing them could be fairly simple or profitable to PWI depending on the course of action taken. I.e. easy solution = replace the chest of coin drop in the database with another item like the cube chest that have a chance to contain coins when opened or remove them all together as they are worthless in their current state. Profitable solution = make hammers 3 gold per. When prices dropped below 300k per gold on HL server I'll bet more then a few people would have bought a hammer to open some boxes. When gold was down to 225k even more so.

In any event whoever made them 40 tokens of best luck has either never played the game before or didn't get any input before setting the cost.

The chests are doing their job perfectly. They wern't meant to be a prize so much as a way to keep gold over 200k each. However they could still acomplish this by having a npc that will open it for a fee of 900k, and have the chests not be useless.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "People who quote themselves in their signatures are silly. I mean, they can just make up whatever **** they want, and since they said it in their siggie, its a quote." - Smobo
  • oyamajio
    oyamajio Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options

Nah, the helmet is no where near nirvana's, even unaccounted for nirvana set bonus. It's even worse than warsoul helmet. Really, +1% crit or -3% chanelling weighs a lot more.
  • Darksylph - Heavens Tear
    Darksylph - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,816 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Well, honestly I'm expecting to see a large increase in the price of the helm and boots. The good thing is I'm after neither for my end-game, otherwise I suppose I'd be just outta luck w/ out CS or Merchandising.

As for the chest of coins... Yeah eh, what a waste of time lulz. They suckkkkk. Seriously, if they made a hammer sale for the boutique, it would benefit everyone. Although I'd imagine a price increase in gold =/, which would have a totally negative effect.

Remember there's already tons of other items available for best luck tokens too. And noone uses best luck tokens for them. This is because of that stupid bank note available there as well, which is the ONLY thing that is actually worth 5 mil per est luck token. The boots & helm are only the 2 newest example in the entire list of things not worth the price of 5 mil per best of luck token. If those bank notes were removed from the best of luck purchase list, then best luck token prices would plummet as noone will pay 5 mil per best of luck token for any of the rest of the items.

So in summation, no, the boots and helm are not worth 200m.
  • Sacredxstar - Heavens Tear
    Sacredxstar - Heavens Tear Posts: 916 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    there is actually aleast 2 heavenrage boots on ht... one being sold by a wiz... and another by an arch who stole it from a veno. not everything is sold through west catshops.

I heard this from somewhere, but I do not remember where. b:chuckle

But from what I heard, it was more like the arch held it captive and away from the veno's reach so the veno just didn't care and told the arch to sell it.
    I call it how I see it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Thanks Santacruz! :D
  • drjiggle
    drjiggle Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Ah, I remember my ambitious days when I first got into those instances and saw the Heavenrage boots and Helm.

I tried getting the Helm actually. Got to about ~100 wraith spirits until I was bored out of my mind. I actually calculated with 10 quests a day. It would have taken me a bit over a year to get it. And knowing me and how I rather have a life, I gave up that ambition, even though doing 10 quests a day as a veno with nix wouldn't have taken as long as other classes would have.

IMHO one of the real failures of the Anniversary Packs and the relative value they placed on those items is that they basically made the other 4 levels of helmet/boots pointless. If you think back to a time when there was no Championship Scroll, no Helm of Holy Punishment, no Perfect Token of Luck to get an essentially infinite supply of Mysterious Chips, etc., the level 3 and 4 helmets were actually fairly decent. With the Hammerfall card boss giving 500 Wraith's Spirits (or Eyes or Bones), that and the repeatable quests at least put those helmets on the radar as possible options. Even if you decided to go a different route, you might at least think about those items. Now, in the same amount of time it took you to farm up the level 2 or 3 helmet, you could get enough coins to just buy the level 5 one instead.

I don't really have a huge problem with the fact that they made it possible to get the items through the cash shop, but they messed up the value so badly that they effectively eliminated the PvE route for these and many other items and thereby essentially removed end game content.