edited April 2010 in Wizard
hello frinds

please somebody help me wich one is better....wizard or barbrainb:cry
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Darach - Dreamweaver
    Darach - Dreamweaver Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Depends on what you want it for. Barbs are great tanks, but low damage. On the other hand... wiz's can't tank, but closer to end game really beef up their attack damage - a great nuke class. It's all personal preference really.

Barbarian-
    Pro's:

Front line battles
    Melee Action
    High HP

Cons:

Low Damage
    High repair costs
    No really significant ranged attacks

Wizard-
    Pro's:

High Damage
    Ranged Attacks
    Elemental Damage
    A small heal skill

Con's:
    High magic cost
    Low HP
    No Melee attacks except "attack" which will kill your caster weapon fast.

I play a barb. Hope this helps.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Magicsaber - Dreamweaver
    Magicsaber - Dreamweaver Posts: 727 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Depends on what you want it for. Barbs are great tanks, but low damage. On the other hand... wiz's can't tank, but closer to end game really beef up their attack damage - a great nuke class. It's all personal preference really...

From PWI WIKI
    PWI WIKI wrote:
    if you plan to be a tank for Suzerix, Krixxix, and Mantavip, these are all bosses in which a wizard tank is usually preferred (especially for Mantavip) over a barbarian because these do long range water damage.

Almost all bosses can be tanked by Wizard. Especially magical, against which barbarian has bad protection.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    High magic cost? WTF is that?

True , MP cost is significant, but there are pots, Mana regen shields/buffs. Mana consumption starts to get significant around lvl 25-30.

Now to OP:
    Best between Barb and Wizard? well depends on a lot of things. But I tell you this: endgame Barbs are the class with the highest drop-out rate. Dunno why, ask high lvl barbs. I can name the barbs I started playing with and are still active(100+) on one hand, but I need my neigborhood to count all the clerics/wizards/archers/BMs. Venos seems to somehow fall into the same cathegory as barbs.
    Barb is a very forgiving class, and is best to have a lot of time to spend in game if you want to raise one. Solo leveling on barb is incredibly slow, but the good side is that as barb, you are needed in basically every instance for your buffs and tanking abilities. That's how you raise a barb: doing FBs/BH/TTs/RBs/Zhen.

Wizard...well....wizard will be a challenge at the beginning. It's a crazy ride and will hardly give you time to get bored. You're going to die a lot until you learn to control mobs and kite. But once you figure out what to do, is probably the easiest PvE class after Veno. You can play with skills, change combos, you have soo many skills you will be always pissed off you don't have the SP to learn them because with the exception of 2 or 3, all of them have a purpose. You will always find yourself in a position to do something that 10 lvls back you just couldn't think it's possible, you will always find a challenge to take on. Sure, other classes can do the same things as you do and probably easier (Barb=HP, BM=stuns/aoe. Clerics=survival, Archer=pewpew, Veno=150$ pet, Sin and Psy = meh, who cares), but the fact that you, the squishiest of squishies, can match and pass them in doing those things endgame is just plain and simple NICE.

What would be nice: charge 10$, sell it in game, buy a MP/HP gold charm. Mine lasted me until late 50s or so, and I was doing PvE TWs at lvl 36 (charm **** bishes). Best acquisition you can make at game start is two gold charms.

I would say play both of them until lvl 70, would take you about 2 months, not more. Then decide which one you want to go endgame with.

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2010
    Actually, wizards can sometimes tank, ...

Just a small correction: with the current event gear, with a average of 3 sockets with Immac shards, a wizard can tank ALWAYS with a few exceptions (FB69) and some TTs.
    I actually think I would be able to tank that one too, but I haven't tried yet. A Bm can do it in the 80s with 5.3 - 5.5k HP, I wonder why I couldn't do it with 11k pdef and ~7k HP (well, maybe boss does Phys AOE if tank is ranged? dunno, like I've said, I never tried).
    I tanked a TT2-1 for my OHT culti, I tanked General Feng for me and some lowbies that passed by when I was doing that quest, I tank pretty much everything except TTs where I rarely set my foot in anyway.
    Beside, I healed fb79 and Eden (brim is a bish, i know) multiple times...so...yeah.

Of course, is nice to have a dedicated class for the job (tank, healer) but sometimes, if asked to do , as wizard you can step up and do it with no problem. Same thing can be done also my Archers and BMs ... I was in a Fb99 a few days back with a +10 rank8 archer tanking. Fun and fast, I finally the tank could keep aggro off me b:thanksb:chuckle

aye caramba, double post....

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Darach - Dreamweaver
    Darach - Dreamweaver Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Actually, wizards can sometimes tank, like when they are fighting a boss which only uses an attack that the wizard has really good defenses for, and can be attacked with skills that the wizard has good damage per second with.

Of course, barbarians can sometimes nuke, like when they manage to pull off a berzerk crit with armageddon.

But, Darach was basically correct and wizards are usually better for dealing damage than barbarians and barbarians are usually better than wizards for tanking.

I can absolutely agree with you. I meant to mention that and forgot. Thanks for picking up on that! ^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • StUfFeD_uP - Heavens Tear
    StUfFeD_uP - Heavens Tear Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Hey Squab, making fun of people's mistakes and spelling isn't funny, someone is asking for assistance, and all you can think about is their grammar. If you haven't noticed this game is Perfect World "International" which means not everyone can speak english fluently. Stop being a troll and do something meaningful, judging on your post you're not very fluent in grammar either.
  • _makina_ - Sanctuary
    _makina_ - Sanctuary Posts: 747 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Hey Squab, making fun of people's mistakes and spelling isn't funny, someone is asking for assistance, and all you can think about is their grammar. If you haven't noticed this game is Perfect World "International" which means not everyone can speak english fluently. Stop being a troll and do something meaningful, judging on your post you're not very fluent in grammar either.

English is spelled with a capital e. My grammar sucks as well and who really gives a ****? Just cause it says "International" doesn't mean it caters to non-English speaking groups nor does it discriminate. Forums are a place to voice opinions even if they are not "proper", "right", or "justified". Poster didn't use foul language so I could care less. If they are supposedly a troll, why feed them? Ignore them maybe?
  • joojoo137
    joojoo137 Posts: 9
    edited April 2010
    thanks frinds....I think wizards are better than barbarains and barbarains are better than wizards too.....but now Im a wizard.b:victory
  • Nuggs - Dreamweaver
    Nuggs - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I play both, and really enjoy both classes. They have basically opposite playing styles though (aside from suicidal LA wizzies). Don't underestimate the power of a wizzy heal. Granted a wiz will never replace a cleric, but that healing skill can be a life saver at times.

Best advice given so far, get yourself a hp charm. Don't get discouraged with your early levels as a wizzy, it gets better as you grow.
  • Lolliipop - Harshlands
    Lolliipop - Harshlands Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    squab wrote: »
    lol
    barbrain
    lol

lol
    failtroll
    lol

Moving on, I just thought I'd push into this conversation that these two classes in my opinion are the two complete opposite ends of the "PWI-Class-Spectrum". This of course is granted you're playing them with their intended roles/builds, fullVIT-tanks/fullMAG-DDs.
    Barbs - Lots of HP, High Physical Defence, Low Magic Defence, Physical Attack, Fairly Low Attack.
    Wizards - Low HP, Low Physical Defence, High Magical Defence, Magical Attack, Very High Attack.
    (I can't vouch for the barb "low attack thing", but playing my barb (Earlygame) the attack and accuracy on him is incredibly low.)
  • brownflamer
    brownflamer Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Barbs and wizzies are the two strongest classes endgame...(oh...and demon fist BM) Dunno bout TideBorns

Both can deal some crazy DPH......and both are nice to play

I prefer wizards.....and I'm kinda biased towards them...but Barbs are great too.
    PS......I'm half-joking b:mischievous
  • Shirona_ - Dreamweaver
    Shirona_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Greetings

A wizard should never need a charm, hp or mp, untill late game for TW or PvP or whatever. Just kite the enemy and they almost never hit you.
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2010
    lol.
    yeah, wait until u get in warsong/Abaddon BH, or a Delta/Gamma RB.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • joojoo137
    joojoo137 Posts: 9
    edited April 2010
    b:questionI have a quastion...what about wizaeds speed...wizards speed is too low is this true?
    what animals they can ride and what lv?b:question
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2010
    /facepalm.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Taarloor - Harshlands
    Taarloor - Harshlands Posts: 472 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    If you plan on being a major cash shopper and/or pro merchant (buy low sell high 24/7) then you'll have a shot at making a good wizard.

If you're not into cashshopping / cant get the best gears, go Barb.b:bye
  • Zuunu - Heavens Tear
    Zuunu - Heavens Tear Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Barbrain > Wizard > Barbarian. 'Nuff said. b:laugh
  • brownflamer
    brownflamer Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Barbrain > Wizard > Barbarian. 'Nuff said. b:laugh

Fatwallet>all b:surrender
    PS......I'm half-joking b:mischievous