Why are there random creatures in Archosaur?

Mihr - Raging Tide
Mihr - Raging Tide Posts: 7 Arc User
edited April 2010 in General Discussion
Every once in a while, when I'm in the west district of Archosaur I see a random creature just sitting there, not moving. It doesn't belong to anybody (it doesn't say Bob's Varicose Scorpion or anything like that.) Usually it's a type of creature I've never seen before.

Today there's a flying big-mouthed thing. It's title is blue and says nothing but "I EAT U"

Who puts it out there? Does it have a purpose? Is it just some GM having a laugh? Anybody know?
Post edited by Mihr - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Silvychar - Sanctuary
    Silvychar - Sanctuary Posts: 3,576 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I'd say those are pets (all-class prolly), they're there cuz their owners lagged/flew away/...

Guess you've seen a) that flying fish from wedding quest, or b) that salamander pet ...
  • Waterfal - Sanctuary
    Waterfal - Sanctuary Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    hmm I tought u were talking about the random invisible mob under water in the middle of arch...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvychar for the awesome sig :3

Characters:
    waterfal - lvl 90 demon ferrari veno
    Hazumi_chan - lvl 9x sage seeker
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    It sounds like you're talking about an all-class Fire Fairy pet. As mentioned above, its owner had not yet been loaded by your system. This typically happens when you first pop into the game and the names of the players around you aren't fully loaded yet (just another reason to not log out from West District).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    Psytrac - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,488 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I've seen alot of "NPC"s in arch sometimes. (herc, some wolves, etc)
    I'm a guy, not a woman, that is all
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
    Are you on Team Bring it?