soo, is it true you need to be lv 50 to get to a lev 4 M skill?

Kentroyven - Harshlands
Kentroyven - Harshlands Posts: 37 Arc User
edited April 2010 in The Crafting Nook
so i got my tailor and blacksmith to lev 3, apoth not far behind. I know about all the quest business to advance untill someone droped the bomb that I need to be lev 50 to progress anyfurther.

is that true? im lev 26 and I am not content with the possibility of haveing to wait another 24 lev (22% of all levs if i am not mistaken) before i can continue
Post edited by Kentroyven - Harshlands on

Comments

• Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    You do need to be level 50.

However, to become level 4 you need to make 2 items with two stars, using materials that would easily drop around your level, but not at level 50. Therefore, I would suggest finding which items those are and starting to make them now, and storing them once you get a two star one. I believe you can find the items on Ence's quest guide.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • Brigid - Harshlands
    Brigid - Harshlands Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    That is correct. You can't take the quests for the level 4 manufacturing skills until you hit level 50. Level 6 manufacturing requires level 80, and level 8 requires level 99.

And while yes, 24 levels is roughly 23% of all the levels, leveling is fast and easy early on. It only really starts to slow down in the 70s, and can speed up again dramatically in the low to mid 80s due to FC.

Once you get to level 40, you'll start getting daily Bounty Hunter quests that give a significant chunk of experience. I think enough to level once every day or two through most of the 40s and 50s if you do all 3 BHs every day.
  • Aadi - Lost City
    edited April 2010
    That is correct. You can't take the quests for the level 4 manufacturing skills until you hit level 50. Level 6 manufacturing requires level 80, and level 8 requires level 99.

And while yes, 24 levels is roughly 23% of all the levels, leveling is fast and easy early on. It only really starts to slow down in the 70s, and can speed up again dramatically in the low to mid 80s due to FC.

Once you get to level 40, you'll start getting daily Bounty Hunter quests that give a significant chunk of experience. I think enough to level once every day or two through most of the 40s and 50s if you do all 3 BHs every day.

At 40 you get the Tideborn quests. Those got my alt from 40-45 in one day, and one set of BHs got her a level and a half a day for a pretty long time. I'm just hitting the point where she doesn't get a full level from BH and she's almost 6x now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
  • Kentroyven - Harshlands
    edited April 2010
    do they need to be just 2 stars? or 2stars + blue?
  • Aadi - Lost City
    edited April 2010
    From here, it looks like just 2 star.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2010
    From here, it looks like just 2 star.

ok i see the weapons but where can i find out the materials for them?
    and if you can make them before the quest, where?
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    You can make level 6 items (which is what you need for the level 4 manufacturing quests, only you specifically need 2 stars... which is a random chance to make, so it make take many attempts to get each item) at any blacksmith/tailor/craftsman in Archosaur, Silver Pool, Hidden Orchid, Allies Camp, Anglers Village, Tradewinds Village, Swiftwinds Camp, Sumor Camp... all the towns up through Whetstone Keep.

As for where to get the mats, you'll find some mineables around your questing areas from Archosaur up through Town of Arrivals, you'll stop getting the mob drop ones after the Allies Camp area.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Yindra - Sanctuary
    Yindra - Sanctuary Posts: 784 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    And the good old database can still provide useful information about "which monsters drop xxx". Takes some getting used to, but it's worth it :-)
    Slow progress, game is getting way too grindy :-( Quests I still hope to be able to do some day: FB39, General Feng
    edited April 2010
    thats great but what i ment to find out is say
    Item: A
    Requires: X (mat 1) Y(mat 2) Z (mat 3) and so on