Duel/Pvp skill debate

Options
Runemine - Dreamweaver
Runemine - Dreamweaver Posts: 572 Arc User
edited April 2010 in Blademaster
well just as title says debating on skills alot people say some bad that can be good in certain ways example ocean blade everyone says stupid and not worth is but when duel a veno going right to them around pet they run use this and slows them so can attack easy win (+stunning them)

share your opinion on them please

if another thread like this didn't see if so sorry
101 Blademaster(Pro/Fail 4.0 BM with 11k base HP+G16(+10))
100 Seeker(The Vortex Beast)
86 Assassin(Solo king)
76 Archer(Squishy Nuker)
72 Cleric(Horrible healer)
67 Barb(Buff baby)
61 Wizard(King Aoe)
37 Mystic(Fun project)
Post edited by Runemine - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Michael - Harshlands
    Michael - Harshlands Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    1st almost all world pvp is air based so slowdown skills do nothing.

2nd in TW or duels where there is actual ground based combat you will tend to use fissure as your slowdown skill (its aoe and demon version is highly effective at slowing people down to allow extra stuns).

3rd slowing people down isnt the best idea unless you have no other options, Roar is an aoe stun, Bolt is an AoE freeze both are more effective than slowing plus the freeze gives plenty of time to slip drakes bash in to keep them stationary.
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    Kristoph - Lost City Posts: 2,016 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    1st almost all world pvp is air based so slowdown skills do nothing.

2nd in TW or duels where there is actual ground based combat you will tend to use fissure as your slowdown skill (its aoe and demon version is highly effective at slowing people down to allow extra stuns).

3rd slowing people down isnt the best idea unless you have no other options, Roar is an aoe stun, Bolt is an AoE freeze both are more effective than slowing plus the freeze gives plenty of time to slip drakes bash in to keep them stationary.
    There's plenty of instances where there's pvp though. Tournament @ thursdays, Cube, TW and a few other things. There's also plenty of places where you'll generally end up on the ground. Especially against veno's, since the demon ones tend to take fights to the ground since it allows them to use foxform's boost for kiting or gaining distance in general.

But yeah I agree, Ocean's Edge is pretty low on my priority list, I'm 8x and still have it at 1. If I want to slow someone down I use Tangling Mire or Whirlwind to stop them for a sec while I try to get into range for Roar. Fissure sometimes but I'm usually wearing my fists.
    Wondering how much longer these **** packs are going to be around.
  • AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear
    AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,413 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I don't want to give away my combo's. but I will say that this skill when upgraded to 11 has a use and not for slowdown. Before then its useful in your 2x's and that's about its range.
    Retired

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    Granrey - Sanctuary Posts: 2,050 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    if I want to slow down in duels I use vacous palm. Very good skill, it looks like from Dragon Ball Z.b:laugh

The only time this worked for me was when I dueling a veno with the stupid bamble skill. I was knocking back the hercules with atmos strike, plus leaping away and hitting from distance with bow (bow is not affect by bamble but damage sucks lol). in one moment I use vacuous palm then knock the hercules away. Then I leap back and finish the veno with my sword prior the Hercules returned to me.

She was not expecting me to leap towards her, as she was thinking I was only leaping to keep hercules away from me.

But again, slowing down only worked for me in that ocasion. I cant justify for PVP based on this. I think this should help vs running archers but who knows.
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    mage bane on an archer at like 10% hp who's trying to live till tick with condor...b:chuckle

oceans edge is decent in axe only stunlock combos just sub it in for fan of flames

stream strike = your only hope of holding aggro even with fists pre lvl 60b:surrender

draw blood = good dps for pure axe/pole users

have yet to see the point of tiger maw pre demon/sage culti and even then its meh

same with palmb:surrender
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear
    AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,413 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    mage bane on an archer at like 10% hp who's trying to live till tick with condor...b:chuckle

oceans edge is decent in axe only stunlock combos just sub it in for fan of flames

stream strike = your only hope of holding aggro even with fists pre lvl 60b:surrender

draw blood = good dps for pure axe/pole users

have yet to see the point of tiger maw pre demon/sage culti and even then its meh

same with palmb:surrender

Tiger maw has its place at level 11.
    Retired

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Runemine - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2010
    Options
    ya wasn't saying the best skill just say has its uses just everyone think 100% useless but can be good against archers veno and clerics what i say

and didn't mean talk about one skill lol

and fissure for slow ehh takes alot more mana and us BM got **** mana
    86 Assassin(Solo king)
    76 Archer(Squishy Nuker)
    67 Barb(Buff baby)
    61 Wizard(King Aoe)
    37 Mystic(Fun project)
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    takes alot more mana and us BM got **** mana

Pro BM's use magic build for more mana b:victory
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • Runemine - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Magic build how the heck that work
    86 Assassin(Solo king)
    76 Archer(Squishy Nuker)
    67 Barb(Buff baby)
    61 Wizard(King Aoe)
    37 Mystic(Fun project)
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    Kristoph - Lost City Posts: 2,016 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    ...lol

It doesn't.
    Wondering how much longer these **** packs are going to be around.
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options

b:chuckle Very carefully.
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI