I have succeeded

Islamey - Dreamweaver
Islamey - Dreamweaver Posts: 586 Arc User
edited April 2010 in Barbarian
So, on the other day, a cleric tried to let my charm to tickb:sad. Good thing is, I realised it early enough and so, I invoked to prevent charm ticks.b:thanks Anyone has any suggestion to tell if a cleric is trying to tick my charm? b:surrender
The chillum is sometimes referred to as a chalice, based on a quote from the Biblical book of Deuteronomy. Thanks and praises are offered to Jah before smoking the chillum.
Post edited by Islamey - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Lylfo - Dreamweaver
    Lylfo - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    cool story bro
    Thanks Chillum for the nice Sig.[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lycanthar - Sanctuary
    Lycanthar - Sanctuary Posts: 389 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    If you suspect a cleric is attempting to troll you, force log and go get a sandwich.
    ==Sanctuary's Last Demon Barbarian== ... (lol strife)

Off through the new day's mist, I run
    Out from the new day's mist, I have come
    We shift, pulsing with the earth
    Company we keep, roaming the land while you sleep...
  • Qingzi - Harshlands
    Qingzi - Harshlands Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    b:laughb:laughb:laughI'm litterarily rofling here, check the cleric section for a post named "I have failed" or something similar, it's the exact same story, but from a (the, maybe) clerics view
  • XylolyX - Heavens Tear
    XylolyX - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I'm not charmed, and I let all my clerics know this when I'm in an instance. I did, however, squad with a cleric who let my HP go down to 400 (out of 15K.) I immediately invited another cleric into squad.b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lvl10XBarb
    Lvl10XArcher
    lvl10XAssassin
  • SteelStar - Heavens Tear
    SteelStar - Heavens Tear Posts: 469 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    If you suspect a cleric is attempting to troll you, force log and go get a sandwich.
    +1 - Best thing you can do if someone is wasting your time or RL money!
    It's a game and I'm proud to be a stupid fail demon barb!
    My EPIC Fail Demon Barb has 40k/48k HP and my stat points are as follows:
    VIT 552 STR 310 DEX 60! b:surrender
  • Tyraro - Sanctuary
    Tyraro - Sanctuary Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I offer them some of the mana pots I always carry for cleric emergencies.

Feeling better now, Lylfo?
  • Cybetron - Harshlands
    Cybetron - Harshlands Posts: 153 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I just checked the cleric's version of this thread... it was hilarious.. i was surprised to see them discussin strategies to tick our charms b:chuckle
  • TeddyCustard - Heavens Tear
    TeddyCustard - Heavens Tear Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    why would clerics wanna tick your charm? whats the use of them being there if they're gonna do that?
    "Truth is, everybody is gonna hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for"
  • tukiyem
    tukiyem Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    there are some reasons i think, but first of all, many (i said many, not ALL barbs) barbs QQing for his charm ticked and blame cleric for not doing appropriate heal. This is really annoy some clerics (again, SOME is not ALL) who think that "my MP charm always ticks hundreds/thousands time to save the squad and never QQ, but the barb QQing for only his charm ticked once???" and then they try to tick the barb's charm just for fun of it.b:victory

just my opinion
    (i post this opinion in both thread, barb's topic and also cleric's topic)
  • FurryPawZ - Heavens Tear
    FurryPawZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Well its not so hard sometimes to keep a barb alive.

Example a lvl100 cleric in TT1-3 kept letting my charm tick on mobs...
    All she had to do was Wellspring surge and she could keep me alive, but nope. she wanted to DD.

My charm is there for emergencies, when things get tough and when cleric is dead.
    Or when fighting tough bosses, to help cleric keep me healed.
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I wonder if the OP plays a Barb or not.SS would of been nice but to late now.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Baalbak - Dreamweaver
    Baalbak - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    ^id assume so since he did say he invoked b:chuckle

Call me crazy but I tank 95% of everything with no charm. I think everyone realizes this when we duel pre-run and my HP doesnt shoot back up b:laugh

I've been rejected to tank FC runs for not having an HP charm.. people say "it wont work unless you have a charm". *rolls eyes* their loss.. I have invoke, bestial rage, sunder, solid shield, and ToP that I've learned when and when not to use in my 81 levels of old style leveling. I don't need a charm to keep me alive when a cleric is sleeping on bishops b:angry

but yeah.. if i ever run across a cleric who decides not to heal so they can tick a charm im not wearing - or assumes I'm wearing one and theyll be okay to DD for a minute solid.. their **** is getting booted with the swiftness.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired..
  • VonSabrewulf - Harshlands
    VonSabrewulf - Harshlands Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    yeah charms are nice but there not necessary in PvE. However they are a must in TW's and sometimes in PvP. I ussually dont equip the charms in my bank unless i have to.