Sins in FC

2»

Comments

• Trawne - Lost City
    Trawne - Lost City Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Venos use in FC
    1) Bramble makes boss go a little faster, clerics get less agro on pulls from barbs not stopping to gain agro, and who doesnt like to wear a hoola hoop?
    2) Nova acts as a roar with damage on pulls. If sage can do almost every 30 seconds if not passing sparks. If demon acts as Dragons when BM doesn't have chi
    3) Speaking of sparks we can pass them to cleric to set up BB so you don't stand there for 20 seconds before pulling while cleric gets chi
    4) Debuffs (Ironwood Scarab, Amplify Damage, Myriad Rainbow) Sage Ironwood is 40% Physical debuff helps BM and Sin Pwn. Sage amp is 30% more damage, and it stacks with Dragons, SubSea Strike and Tangeling Mire.
    5) Herc+Veno=better DD on Bosses than Wizard even without debuffs

Not all Venos know how to be efficent and many that I see will just macro on bosses. Macro takes out a little lag between hits but not worth it, since I have yet to see one of those DD macros include Amplify damage. So if you see a lazy Veno yell at them.

this. i enjoy having a veno on pulls especially the massive big room pull. nova ensures safety for the squishies. amp damage also helps drop bosses more quickly
    I hope that I shall always possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of title, the character of an honest man. -George Washington
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Venos use in FC
    1) Bramble makes boss go a little faster, clerics get less agro on pulls from barbs not stopping to gain agro, and who doesnt like to wear a hoola hoop?
    2) Nova acts as a roar with damage on pulls. If sage can do almost every 30 seconds if not passing sparks. If demon acts as Dragons when BM doesn't have chi
    3) Speaking of sparks we can pass them to cleric to set up BB so you don't stand there for 20 seconds before pulling while cleric gets chi
    4) Debuffs (Ironwood Scarab, Amplify Damage, Myriad Rainbow) Sage Ironwood is 40% Physical debuff helps BM and Sin Pwn. Sage amp is 30% more damage, and it stacks with Dragons, SubSea Strike and Tangeling Mire.
    5) Herc+Veno=better DD on Bosses than Wizard even without debuffs

Not all Venos know how to be efficent and many that I see will just macro on bosses. Macro takes out a little lag between hits but not worth it, since I have yet to see one of those DD macros include Amplify damage. So if you see a lazy Veno yell at them.

well, that might help, but honestly, I never been in a FC with a veno that really helped. My experiences were more like leeching than helping. True, I'm not really stepping in there except with rare occasions but...
    and for the 3)... IJS....if the cleric is not prepared with chi for BB might as well kick him out. That's his job. If I don't have mana for skills I'm useless, squad shouldn't wait for me to build up mana meditating as it should not wait for cleric to build chi. But you're right, the level of noobness in some of today's FCs is so elevated that yeah, you need a veno to pass sparks.

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bourn - Harshlands
    Bourn - Harshlands Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    lol all u other classes tryin to defend urslefs in fc b:pleased

i roll venos
    i roll wizards
    i roll clerics
    i roll bms
    and if the barb isnt named Tekkblade, Taboo, Jlung, DANTEAXEL, DSGB, Unmovable, and there are a few other Ky barbs that rnt worth mentioning but thts about so yea as i was say i roll them too so its kinda obvious wat class is da best

altho ill give it to venos they cnt kill me but i have 1 shot myslef in a duel so bramblehood works if u now where the sin in other than tht ur screwed get used to that fact

archer adn their winged shell or tht plume shell thingy they do easy stripped by throatcut

clerics plume is nice if u dnt seal them first

wizards and psys r self explanitory i know this is a pve post but come grow sum nutz b:surrender

and bms unless they r fists and or cs'd out of their minds (*cough Kylin cough*)

barbs are a triple spark from needing turtle to survive and a tiger form barb cnt hit for anything so u see my point b:bye cya all on harshlands ZULU NATION !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Trawne - Lost City
    Trawne - Lost City Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    lol all u other classes tryin to defend urslefs in fc b:pleased

i roll venos
    i roll wizards
    i roll clerics
    i roll bms
    and if the barb isnt named Tekkblade, Taboo, Jlung, DANTEAXEL, DSGB, Unmovable, and there are a few other Ky barbs that rnt worth mentioning but thts about so yea as i was say i roll them too so its kinda obvious wat class is da best

altho ill give it to venos they cnt kill me but i have 1 shot myslef in a duel so bramblehood works if u now where the sin in other than tht ur screwed get used to that fact

archer adn their winged shell or tht plume shell thingy they do easy stripped by throatcut

clerics plume is nice if u dnt seal them first

wizards and psys r self explanitory i know this is a pve post but come grow sum nutz b:surrender

and bms unless they r fists and or cs'd out of their minds (*cough Kylin cough*)

barbs are a triple spark from needing turtle to survive and a tiger form barb cnt hit for anything so u see my point b:bye cya all on harshlands ZULU NATION !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WTH does any of that have to do with FCC? BR much? you just made yourself sound like an idiot. anyone killed by you must be pretty dumb then.b:shutup
    I hope that I shall always possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of title, the character of an honest man. -George Washington
  • RADD_RATT - Harshlands
    RADD_RATT - Harshlands Posts: 349 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    im necroing but i dont care. youre obviously reading it anyway. i have 2 thingsto say....1 after rereading this thead its a huge argument as to whos better sin or BM in FC. i dont really think either is. i posted this becasue sins had no respect at the time in harshlands and i was getting turned down for FC runs.

which brings me to my second point. if theres squad lookin to run fc and they have one spot open and no sin....the wc reads "LF sin for FC" no one will run an FC with out sins anymore....i love it!
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    Typhyse - Sanctuary Posts: 3,469 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Hell to the yes, brother. -highfive-
    Demon_Troll: "takes on the appearance of an innocent archer but turns into a mindless idiot once you hear him speak"
    ~Spazz~
  • ZeaKuro - Raging Tide
    ZeaKuro - Raging Tide Posts: 631 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Damn OP fish. XD
    as-sas-sin
    /əˈsasin/
    n.
    1. One who murders by surprise attack, especially one who carries out a plot to kill a prominent person.
    synonyms: murderer, killer, gunman, executioner, informalhitman, hired gun.
    Latin assassnus; Greek δολοφόνος
  • Rainesierr - Lost City
    Rainesierr - Lost City Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    can we repost this in wizard forums? we not wanted for anything anymore....b:cry
    please sign here: _______________
  • RADD_RATT - Harshlands
    RADD_RATT - Harshlands Posts: 349 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    can we repost this in wizard forums? we not wanted for anything anymore....b:cry

*points and laughs*
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    *Goes to solo more FC on sin while you decide the best squad make up* b:laugh
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    edited January 2011

WHAT? (Say what again...) I love wizzies in my FCC squads >w>
    Demon_Troll: "takes on the appearance of an innocent archer but turns into a mindless idiot once you hear him speak"
    ~Spazz~
  • ZeaKuro - Raging Tide
    ZeaKuro - Raging Tide Posts: 631 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    I have never ran FC with a Wizzy. b:surrender

I know FC hates Psys though......
    as-sas-sin
    /əˈsasin/
    n.
    1. One who murders by surprise attack, especially one who carries out a plot to kill a prominent person.
    synonyms: murderer, killer, gunman, executioner, informalhitman, hired gun.
    Latin assassnus; Greek δολοφόνος
  • SunDownXIII - Dreamweaver
    SunDownXIII - Dreamweaver Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    fastest run i ever been on... 1 cleric 5 sins. Jesus, no 100k warning to tick... we had to say 300k hahaha

I personally like

1 barb
    1 bm
    1 cleric
    3 sins

or the 5 sin squad 90+
    101/101/102
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Also run around as a R1 seeker named WildFireXIII b:chuckle and now as a Stormbringer named xGrimStormxX, and no I'm not Grim from Kindred
  • Firefeng - Dreamweaver
    Firefeng - Dreamweaver Posts: 421 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    *Goes to solo more FC on sin while you decide the best squad make up* b:laugh

My Sin is only good enough to solo FC at the cost of lots and lots of charm ****. :(
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    My Sin is only good enough to solo FC at the cost of lots and lots of charm ****. :(
    I usually don't go with a charm. The bosses that can get you close to death are Shocktrooper, Dreadindra, and Fragrance, and I find Shocktrooper to be the worst culprit. Dread can hurt if he spawns a bishop (he consequently purges every time he does), purges, you, and you get slept/hit/interrupted several times while trying to re-BP yourself. Fragrance is just a matter of timing sparks with the armor/mental break (generally I do every other with regard to estimates of when she will stun).
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    I usually don't go with a charm. The bosses that can get you close to death are Shocktrooper, Dreadindra, and Fragrance, and I find Shocktrooper to be the worst culprit. Dread can hurt if he spawns a bishop (he consequently purges every time he does), purges, you, and you get slept/hit/interrupted several times while trying to re-BP yourself. Fragrance is just a matter of timing sparks with the armor/mental break (generally I do every other with regard to estimates of when she will stun).

All of those I kill before they do anything to me, every once and awhile holeen seals me a few times in a row, but that doesn't even tick my charm.
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    *sigh* Posting on a necro.

Was surprised to see a thread about Sins not being wanted in FCC, even if the thread was started 9 months ago. That's just sort sighted.

Personal preference is still a bm in squad, but for straightout DD sins are insane. 450 dex dmg multiplier + easiest class to get -int on makes them the perfect char in "The Era of aps".

Here's my complaints, though. I was FCCing my barb one day, sin the next, back to barb, back to sin... Whenever I'd play my sin the barb in squad would say "Oh good, a sin is here. You can tank." Sometimes, I'd join a squad and that would be announced before people saw my gear. Okay, with barb buffs no problem. Here's the weird part. This started at level 84 ish, and I'm a support sin. I went sage. I spark occasionally but more chi goes into constantly subseaing others and I make sure rib strike is always on.

When I'm on my barb, which is now 97, and I suggest to a lvl 99 4.0 sin could they tank about half say "sure!" The rest say "I don't know?" or straight out refuse. I spend my entire time Reaming and reseting aggro to re-aggro after a sin triple sparked on an HF with tangling mire and armor break. I suggest it will go faster if I use devour to reduce the bosses defense by 50%, as well as give them about 25% more back in bloodpaint, as well as devour reducing the bosses attack levels by 10, but many 90+ sins are still too antsy to tank. Yet if I'm on my lvl 90 sage sin with 2.22 aps I am expected to everytime.

Speaking of demon sins. These sins I am trying to out aggro are spark+auto attack machines. I haven't seen rib strike in about 10 FCC runs and rarely see them subsea. It's triple spark, 10 seconds later triple spark again, over and over. What's with that?

And after all that, don't get me wrong. I love my sins. I enjoy them taking out shades to make fewer, bigger pulls. I enjoy having aps in my squad. And I especially enjoy bloodpaint.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    edited January 2011
    I have never ran FC with a Wizzy. b:surrender

I know FC hates Psys though......

I dunno. I did a run with one once, it wasn't too bad. But then again, he and I were the only ones who seemed to know what we were doing...b:shocked
    ~Spazz~
  • chaoticshelly
    chaoticshelly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
This discussion has been closed.