why?

WaffleChan - Sanctuary
WaffleChan - Sanctuary Posts: 2,897 Arc User
edited April 2010 in General Discussion
Remember when oracles first came into our boutique? Recall the dismay, and rise of flames and pitchforks of the community, you chastized these people, dubbing them the name ORACLE NOOBS. You called them detrimental to the community, you berated and belittled them... and I was fine with it.

Now we have their sister species, something I dub the Hyper Noob. Going into FCC with 2x and an eso, killing the same mobs over and over does not make you skilled, it just means your body is accostomed to repetative tasking. Squad after squad gets filled with these 99-102 knuckle heads who do not know their classes.

AND WHAT DO YALL DO?

You all congratulate them! I mean, what the hell? It is by far NOT an accomplishment to buy your levels! What happened to the hate, the community band against these insults to our classes and parties!

'Oh youre just jealous.' one might retort, but what is there to be jealous of... I feel sorry for them.

Seriously, bring back the hate for these noobs, and stop cheering them on. There is something wrong with you if you allow it to continue.

PS: this is a rant after partying a huge number of hyper noob barbs who blow @ fcc.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
advice to fledgling archers:
Going sage is like drunken sex, at first she may look good, but when you wake up the next morning; you'll look at her and go WHAT HAVE I DONE.
Post edited by WaffleChan - Sanctuary on

Comments

• AlbireoTwo - Lost City
    AlbireoTwo - Lost City Posts: 2,056 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Hyper Noobs > Oracle Noobs in my opinion. Ide rather they stay hyper noobs than go to oracle noobing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thank you Forsakenx for the picture. b:thanks
  • LifeHunting - Heavens Tear
    LifeHunting - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Yeah i can agree, at least the "Hyper Noobs" have to go and grind on things around their lvl so they can get the experience.

and most "Hyper Noobs" are actually normal players, until around lvl 70 when they learn about FF and Hyper Exp in there. Then they become the "Hyper Noobs".
  • Qlngfu - Archosaur
    Qlngfu - Archosaur Posts: 399 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    hyper noobs actually sounds awesome :/
  • XylolyX - Heavens Tear
    XylolyX - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    To be honest, I don't care how a person gets their level as long as they know how to play their toon.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lvl10XBarb
    Lvl10XArcher
    lvl10XAssassin
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Of course knowing how to play is the most important thing, but I can't respect someone who bought their exp in such a manner.

@Waffle: It's all about how the exp is acheived. Oracles are ****-easy to complete and can be spammed indefinitely by characters far higher level than the target - leading to nearly painless exp. Hyper is pretty bad, I would agree - but at least people still have to kill mobs and brave the bosses of FF for their massive exp. That being said, Hyper + Double Exp weeks are ridiculous. Hypers shouldn't be allowed to go above 3x or maybe 4x exp, and they shouldn't stack with Double Exp weeks.

To put it in perspective: nobody ever complained about Training Esotericas. Why? Because the exp boost was modest and not game-breaking. Not so with Oracles/Hypers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Oracle noobs = given that Oracle II has been proven to be the best economical oracle choice when considering EXP gain, this means low level players are oracling up. Naturally, this means you kill only one mob to level. Not even different kinds of monsters... just one. One monster. That attacks in one way. No difference.

Hyper noobs = generally have already quested or done some grinding or in some way have already learnt their class before an FC run. I certainly had Hyper help me level from 85 - 92 but I already knew how to play my class and am in no way a Hyper noob. They also tend to have to deal with different kinds of monsters as they gain in levels, if they're grinding, which does mean they at least have to deal with different kinds of attacking mob if nothing else.

Personally:

Hyper noob > Oracle noob

Person who knows how to play their class regardless of how they levelled > person who doesn't, regardless of how they levelled
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Thank you.

I am sick of people congratulating others on lv 100 when it takes hardly any work these days, all you do is swipe the credit card, buy Hypers, and spend the day in FC. Wow, that's so freaking hard! Oh gosh I wish I knew how to FC!

I wish there was some kind of test where you had to prove you know what you're doing just to use the damn things, then we could avoid all these higher levels with a low level mindset... But what are ya gonna do? PWI loves to ruin the game with Boutique items (Remember those packs that come back every two weeks?)
  • NightRage - Raging Tide
    NightRage - Raging Tide Posts: 1,582 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    On Dreamweaver, there was a pair of players that I ran Deltas with. They ran 2-3 deltas per day, and sometimes I would be their cleric. They hit 102.

Cool story bro? I think so.
  • AlbireoTwo - Lost City
    AlbireoTwo - Lost City Posts: 2,056 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Oracles cost a lot more than hyper exp. Atleast more of the non-cash shoppers can afford to level fast now. Plus, most people start using it in frost. That means they atleast know how to play their class a bit.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thank you Forsakenx for the picture. b:thanks
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    You do know 95% of players above lv90 and still remaining in the game have most likely hypered like crazy :/ (the rest just decided f-this and quit)
    Gonna be pretty hard to get anyone to actually get anyone to admit to being a n00b.

Have to completely agree though. When I last played I remember wc shouts of "woot, lv100! thanks hyper FCC's!!" followed by a wall of "grats :D" from guildies and friends. O_o

I dunno, game gets more like an expensive variation of a private server by the day.
  • Alliptica - Raging Tide
    Alliptica - Raging Tide Posts: 1,545 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    theres nothing wrong with high lvls using experience stones to help them lvl when they grind. its already extremly difficult for the 99-102 ppl to lvl it would take them twice as long as you so why not give alittle nudge. i could see somebody my lvl using hyper being shameful, bcuz my lvl is easily attained without all that ****, but 100 is not.
    -retired-

now playing megaten and...Forsaken World ;)
  • GiantSquidy - Heavens Tear
    GiantSquidy - Heavens Tear Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Using hyper stone require one to grind or do FF runs. Both of which takes more skill to do than oracles. Further more people usually have to be a higher lvl to use hyper stones efficiently (such as FF). Using hyper stone instead of oracles produces more competent players that at least know how to play to a certain extent and function in a party.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Uninstalled Dec-21-10.
  • Trobneziuq - Dreamweaver
    Trobneziuq - Dreamweaver Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    What happens if i use both... lol

1-89 and i have done only culti quests

Skill is for losers that cant one shot people from stealth.
  • Hunter_PT - Heavens Tear
    Hunter_PT - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Remember when oracles first came into our boutique? Recall the dismay, and rise of flames and pitchforks of the community, you chastized these people, dubbing them the name ORACLE NOOBS. You called them detrimental to the community, you berated and belittled them... and I was fine with it.

Now we have their sister species, something I dub the Hyper Noob. Going into FCC with 2x and an eso, killing the same mobs over and over does not make you skilled, it just means your body is accostomed to repetative tasking. Squad after squad gets filled with these 99-102 knuckle heads who do not know their classes.

AND WHAT DO YALL DO?

You all congratulate them! I mean, what the hell? It is by far NOT an accomplishment to buy your levels! What happened to the hate, the community band against these insults to our classes and parties!

'Oh youre just jealous.' one might retort, but what is there to be jealous of... I feel sorry for them.

Seriously, bring back the hate for these noobs, and stop cheering them on. There is something wrong with you if you allow it to continue.

PS: this is a rant after partying a huge number of hyper noob barbs who blow @ fcc.

Good to see there are some people with a brain left b:victory.
    Oracles and Hypers should be removed from the game in my opinion.
    Executor Of Reunited ~ Level 3 ~ Level 85+ ~ No Drama, No Pressure Faction.

Hunter_PT - Cleric 9X, (Active/Main)
    PoisonedTip - Veno 7x (Retired)
    Skeln - Barbarian 4X (Rarely-Active)
    Hunter_The - BM 1X (Rarely-Active)
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    theres nothing wrong with high lvls using experience stones to help them lvl when they grind. its already extremly difficult for the 99-102 ppl to lvl it would take them twice as long as you so why not give alittle nudge. i could see somebody my lvl using hyper being shameful, bcuz my lvl is easily attained without all that ****, but 100 is not.

Fair enough, but still keep it out of world chat? 100 isn't exactly special anymore. Keep world chat clean so the normal spammers can give us some drama, makes grinding and TT much more entertaining :D
  • Nukesrus - Harshlands
    Nukesrus - Harshlands Posts: 665 Arc User
    edited April 2010

Pro troll right here.
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited April 2010

roflcopter...b:chuckle

anyway, a nub is a nub regardless of being a oracle or hyper. Most of these so called oracle/hyper nubs are easy pray in PvP/TW. They know a few tricks, but if u can break their OMGIMSOOOOPWTFIKILLU combo, they have no idea how to recover, so they will just press "go to town".
    Good observation by someone on PWI just being an expensive version of private servers ... because that's just what PWI has become. At least on private servers everyone has a chance. Here the ones that pump the cash are having all the keys.

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Oracle teaches you how to kill a pirate, which means you may very well fail epically in squad. The fails that created from oracles where the main drive behind the hate. FC, hyper or no hyper, teaches you much more. Fails are force to learn and become better else they'll get kick out of the squad and will have a hard time finding one after a while. If your squad sucks at FC, hypering on pulls would be a disaster. So in essence, you actually have to learn how to FC in order to hyper efficiently.

Yes, the players that leveled the old fashion way worked much harder for their levels, but you hardly learn anything more by grinding fishes on esos 20 hrs a day. They might very well perform better in PvP than the ones who hypered to the same level, but that'll be due to the fact that they took much longer to get there and had more time to learn PvP in between.

With that said, I do not grats to the people that ding XX or XXX level. It's not that hard to do anymore.
  • Nukesrus - Harshlands
    Nukesrus - Harshlands Posts: 665 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I gotta say, FC seems to have some random elements to it as well. Yesterday we were on a run and the damned Dreadindra boss kept spawning frost bishops at an abnormal rate.

At one point, we had 15 of the ****ers dropping AoEs. We didn't survive. So FC isn't exactly always the same, like oracles are, so there's at least that going for it.
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    lvl has no meaning anymore.
    I pumped 20 mil XP in my genie since I hit 100...and that was like Thursday or Friday?
    Making XP now is like sun bathing - just be in game and XP will come to you.

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2010
    I gotta say, FC seems to have some random elements to it as well. Yesterday we were on a run and the damned Dreadindra boss kept spawning frost bishops at an abnormal rate.

A few faction members had that problem lol, they didnt survive either.

• Kla/dian - Sanctuary32
    Kla/dian - Sanctuary32 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2010

AND WHAT DO YALL DO?

well like someone else said here , i quite can't remember , it doesn't matter how the player gets his exp : quests, oracles, hyper stones.. all that matter is that the player must take a little time to get acustomed to his toon. what makes them noobs is the idea of rushing into important party type activities without them checking for 1 hour or 2 what their class is capable of. Even if they baught their level the smart thing to do is get some time to learn a bit .b:thanks

P.S. any mistakes in my spelling is aproved by chuck norrisb:pleased
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    i don't exactly congratulate them...it's like meh.

a lot of hyper freaks get to 100 then drop off playing, cuz the game ends for them lol.

noob barbs in FCC can be attributed to noobness before FCC level, they have to be sucking before that, and it can't be only hyper FCC doing this. my guess is BHs. BH levels you so fast in the lower levels. some players use their high level mains to clear the dungeon, and then use their high level mains to kill the boss, while their alts on a separate account sit there and watch.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
    edited April 2010
    You do know 95% of players above lv90 and still remaining in the game have most likely hypered like crazy :/ (the rest just decided f-this and quit)

Awesome, im part of the 5% b:victory.

• FitHitDShan - Sanctuary
    FitHitDShan - Sanctuary Posts: 276 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I'm currently moving my third character through the 70s without any of them using more than the occasional oracle drop and a few training esoterica. It takes a long time. The more recent characters have benefited from BH and triple-BH. I don't do those every day, but their existence makes the leveling process less of a headache and the game is more enjoyable for it. So, I disagree with your point a bit, Waffles. Some easier leveling is a good thing.

But, I do agree that people obsessed with getting to the top levels are missing the point. If I ever get any character to 100, it'll be an accomplishment and I'll do my share of shouting about it, but it isn't the point of my playing. People who are racing to get levels just to get levels remind me of the folks who jump to the end of a book instead of enjoying the process of getting there. It is actually a pretty fun game if you stop and play it. As for the effect their noobishness has on my playing experience, well, it seems to increase the overall challenge level which can make for its own fun if I'm not too focused on making levels myself.
    "?" IS my avatar.
  • XanZerstorer - Dreamweaver
    XanZerstorer - Dreamweaver Posts: 505 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I've been 92 for a while. If I actually pumped cash yeah, I'd be 100 or so, but IDC. I'm having more fun rolling alt after alt after alt... my barb is 49 right now (barely played this weekend QQ). I could get my cleric to 90 easy with RB, hyper exp and BH. But yeaaaaah.

Don't care about level, as long as you know how to play your damn character. Sadly, I've encountered a bunch who leveled the "legit" way and who still can't play their chars... meh.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Due to constant PMs: I'm not German, sorry folks D:
  • Collapse - Harshlands
    Collapse - Harshlands Posts: 467 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    On Dreamweaver, there was a pair of players that I ran Deltas with. They ran 2-3 deltas per day, and sometimes I would be their cleric. They hit 102.

Cool story bro? I think so.

NightRage brings up a good point, leveling has ALWAYS been doing the same **** over and over and over. if you think Hypering these redundancies somehow makes you a noob , then ima have to say HI HATER. b:bye
    Currently playing : |||| Waiting for:
    Allods |||||| G.W.2
    GW
    Bloodline Champions
  • Heartstone - Dreamweaver
    Heartstone - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,338 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Yup as som1 said above. Bounty Hunter makes noobs too. i mean seriously 4x each lvl a day form bh same 5x kinda. 6x its been 50%+ so far on my archer. lvling so FREAKING easy thats its jsut a joke.
    1-64 w/ 80% been like 9 or 10 days jsut daylies and some quests on archer so far.

hypers and do daylies everyday. play 12 hours a day and im sure can get 100 in a month if its what u wanted.
    I'm sorry for misspelling / mistyping and grammar b:surrender

102 - Archer - Heartz
  • Trobneziuq - Dreamweaver
    Trobneziuq - Dreamweaver Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Exactly same thing over and over again..

I just like getting 18,000 exp every time i kill something. What can i say im efficency crazed
  • X_Godess_x - Heavens Tear
    X_Godess_x - Heavens Tear Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    What does it matter how people got to high levels in a game? ITS A GAME PEOPLE! let people play how they want and have there own fun.. no one goes around flaming you on a forum on how you got to where you are did they? Chillax and just go play...
    NEW FACTION! lvl 1

[Heavens Tear] Elevated is Accepting all levels! A no drama zone for those that strive for that glorious 150! Whisper: x_Godess_x to get an invite!

b:pleased