Pet skills for petite sawfly(lol sorry)

Danno - Raging Tide
Danno - Raging Tide Posts: 2 Arc User
edited April 2010 in Venomancer
Yes it's another pet skills thread but after searching through the forums for 45 minutes i cant really find what i am looking for.

I am planning on using my sawfuly for pvp purposes since i wont be able to afford a nix for quite some time.

Skill books are very expensive to a low level veno starting out so i wanted to know what skills other pvping venos would recommend to put in and level up on my petite sawfly. This would only include the skills available at mrs. zoologist. (i would like to know which skills to use later when i can afford/able to farm them as well).

I am sorry about the yet another pet skills thread, but i just cant seem to find what i was looking for :p

b:laugh
Post edited by Danno - Raging Tide on

Comments

• xxxjustin85xxxx
    xxxjustin85xxxx Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    flesh ream or better yet fr and bash
  • VenoV - Harshlands
    VenoV - Harshlands Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    flesh ream or better yet fr and bash

Yes i have thought about flesh ream. good for pvp i hear plus it will help hold aggro a bit during a little grind.

But there are still two more skill slots :p
  • Tyramera - Dreamweaver
    Tyramera - Dreamweaver Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    If you're planning on using the sawfly for pvp/TW then flesh ream is a must. You also might want to consider a couple of debuffs.

Howl - reduces your opponents mag def, so your own spells will hit harder.
    Threaten - reduces your opponents phys atk, so you'll take less damage when fighting a BM, Barb, Sin, or archer using phys atks.

If you just want to increase the sawfly's damage then Bash will help against arcane users, and any of the elemental attacks against HA users.

If you can get pounce for cheap in the AH (haven't seen it lately, so don't know how 'cheap' it is) or farm it, then the stun is helpful in pvp.

If I understood the bracketed part of your question, that you want to know what rare skills to add to the sawfly later, I would just get a nix instead. The cost of adding 3 of the best rare skills (reflect, strong, protect, bless, claw) is comparable to the cost of a nix (at least on DW when gold is at its low point just before the next pack). The base stats on a nix are much better than a sawfly, so it seems like a waste to use the rare skills on the fly. If you do manage to farm them in DT, better to sell and put the coin towards the nix.
  • Teumessia - Heavens Tear
    Teumessia - Heavens Tear Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Flesh ream, pierce, howl and slow imo. Wait for them to pop up on AH for under 200k each; no point in spending 800k per skill at Mrs Zoologist.