My thoughts about our class

Ceojoker - Harshlands
Ceojoker - Harshlands Posts: 12 Arc User
edited April 2010 in Archer
Okay, i'm really thinking about my endgame pking and pve, i've also seen that most people say that archers really dont compare to the other classes without exceptional gear which makes us STAND UP to the other classes, of course, this is just a theory, it might just be the opposite. i'm thinking, if we , have to spend alot of time to farm gear, etc. and then be around the same "level" as the other classes with average gear, gained from quests etc, (low lvls), should'nt we be "buffed" somehow? I dont really have the right to talk, i'm just lv.15 on my archer, but, i think its the time to say it. We dont match up to the other classes without really working for it. we need to use tactics, while the other classes just usually clicks one button and pretty much kills us. i'm not thinking about anything reaaal big, i'm just saying that archers should, maybe, get a -interval with bow and xbow, maybe summin like that.

-Shikin

Feel free to reply and prove that i'm wrong.
Post edited by Ceojoker - Harshlands on

Comments

• Dear - Raging Tide
    Dear - Raging Tide Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I don't know about PVP, because I don't like it. Killing other people doesn't entertain me (maybe because I'm a girl). I've heard that you need uber gear for PVP, but I never have a problem with PVE grinding / BHs / etc. I have +3 *** armor with 1-2 flaw. citrines. My weapon is a +5 Unicorn with 2 flaw. garnets (got it from a friend with a huge discount). Relatively cheap, and it's enough for PVE. Most mobs can't even reach me and if I get in trouble, winged shell and second wind (genie heal) are there to save my butt. I mainly kill with frost, knockback and normals... If not enough, I stun. That's why I still like grinding with my archer - it's always fun and cheap. I rarely need potions and the repair fee is very small. I don't think archers are worse than other classes in PVE. After mid lvls, it gets ridiculously easy and fun to see crits popping up all the time. I ditched my boring veno to lvl my archer. Archers FTW! b:victory
    Lvling this char soon
  • LauraAngel - Lost City
    LauraAngel - Lost City Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Okay, i'm really thinking about my endgame pking and pve, i've also seen that most people say that archers really dont compare to the other classes without exceptional gear which makes us STAND UP to the other classes, of course, this is just a theory, it might just be the opposite.

Its not theory, its real experience.

To even match other classes in PvP you need:
    1. Lots of -interval gear.
    2. Lots of HP
    3. Lots of Defence
    4. A high Chance of Criticalling

What does this translate into:

• Being a Demon Archer for Quickshot
    • Having a Nirvana, Warsoul, CV, or Rank 8 Bow
    • Having a complete 2 piece armor set for the -interval bonus
    • Sharding yourself with Citrine Gems, Savant/Primeval Stones, or the new +2 Defence level stones
    • Refining the above mentioned weapons to at least +7
    • Refining your armor
    • Having Event Gear (Boots, Helmet, Belt, Necklace, Rings, Tomes, and Capes)

The problem is archers class-wise have to spend heavily to match what other classes get just being the level they are (9x, or 10x) PvP-wise.

Having said that, you can spend all you want, and you can still be easy pickings for magic classes.

The fundamental issues are:

• Other classes get a serious boost to physical defence
    • Archer attack rate is too slow to deal any sort of physical damage to the other classes
  • Olba - Sanctuary
    Olba - Sanctuary Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    • Sharding yourself with Citrine Gems, Savant/Primeval Stones, or the new +2 Defence level stones
    • Refining your armor

... Kinda funny how you totally excluded TT100, Rank 6, TT99s and TT90s from that list.

Really, even now, having Heaven Shatterer is considered top-notch. And it's not like Nirvana or Rank 8 is exactly a common occurence either. Heck, I haven't seen too many Rank 6's even. And to even bring up Warsoul is downright ridiculous at this point.

Not to mention your shard suggestions. Apparently the fact that a lot of people still consider Perfect Citrines to be epicsauce has totally gone past you.

Also, the Event items, which, for the record, include Heaven Shatterer, Citrine Gems, Savant Stones, Primeval Stones, are also considered epicsauce.

So really, you're basically saying that Archers are worthless pieces of **** unless you walk around with the best items the game can offer.

And that is, according to you, only enough to "stand up" to them. Then what would it take to beat them? Level 105, all items +12 with G12 shards?
    If you disregard what I say because of who I am or because of the contents of what I said, you are a fool.

Everyone wants to be different, but when you're different you wish you were normal.
  • LauraAngel - Lost City
    edited April 2010
    ... Kinda funny how you totally excluded TT100, Rank 6, TT99s and TT90s from that list.

Really, even now, having Heaven Shatterer is considered top-notch. And it's not like Nirvana or Rank 8 is exactly a common occurence either. Heck, I haven't seen too many Rank 6's even. And to even bring up Warsoul is downright ridiculous at this point.

Not to mention your shard suggestions. Apparently the fact that a lot of people still consider Perfect Citrines to be epicsauce has totally gone past you.

Also, the Event items, which, for the record, include Heaven Shatterer, Citrine Gems, Savant Stones, Primeval Stones, are also considered epicsauce.

So really, you're basically saying that Archers are worthless pieces of **** unless you walk around with the best items the game can offer.

And that is, according to you, only enough to "stand up" to them. Then what would it take to beat them? Level 105, all items +12 with G12 shards?

They really are.

If you come to Lost City:

A large portion of end-game archers you meet will have a Heavens Shatterer.

A large portion of end-game archers actively participating in PvP or TW have sharded their gears with Savants, Citrine Gems, if they have their end-game gear.

All end game magic classes have enough Physical Defence to make your shots measly 3-digit damage unless you refine your weapon greatly.

To that end nobody who is interested in hitting 100 would refine an HH90 - which is why it is omitted.

The HH99 gold option isn't bad, but wont help very much in PK or PvP. They are really only stepping stones for Nirvana at this point. They dont give any of the -interval stats that archers need to be remotely successful against other classes - all of which have lots of Physical Defence end game.

The HH100 option isn't bad, but then again from a PvP standpoint - higher base damage really isn't important unless your a caster.

To Sum it up:

All classes have lots of Physical Defence end-game - Arcane classes have even more Physical Defence than an Archer.

Archers Attacks are primarily Physical Defence.

Archer Attacks are slow.

Archer casting isn't fast.

Archers have poor HP.

Basically put, you need to hit hard by criticalling, and hit fast with -interval. To do none of these ensures that you are no match for any other class in game.
  • haimaster
    haimaster Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    so wtf it pointless lvling my archer then??
  • LauraAngel - Lost City
    edited April 2010
    This was not exactly true but does reflect how archers mostly get played.

Not true?

Just try facing any competent end-game cleric, or mage without any sort of refines, poor critical rate, and no interval bonuses.

You'll be lucky to hit 4-digit damage using any skills. Certainly not going to break any charms there.

On the other hand... They'll most certainly be hitting you for 4-digit damage.

Good luck on Heavies too. End-game they'll have more HP then what you can shave off using lightning attacks alone (without any sort of weapon refines.)

You could always sharp them, aim-low or try stunning them with stunning arrow or perhaps occult ice to buy you some precious casting time. However, any competent BM or barb will use anti-stun skills. You can always try kiting, but its rather useless. Without the damage, you can do nothing more than tick their charm and run.
  • RavensKing - Heavens Tear
    RavensKing - Heavens Tear Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    i agree that having low refines and bad shards in gear is a huge disadvantage to an archer PvP wise but i hold up very well with +3 TT90 gear with immaculate citrines and my +6 Heaves Shatter with a perfect garnet against some of the better geared PKers. sure i do struggle to take down a few of them and some of them do take time and perfect timing with skills but i can manage it...somehow O.o...but you dont need all that shiny gear to be a good pker, but to be a GREAT pker who has no trouble taking anyone down then yea you gotta get the shiny stuff
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    WaffleChan - Sanctuary Posts: 2,897 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Its not theory, its real experience.

To even match other classes in PvP you need:
    1. Lots of -interval gear.
    2. Lots of HP
    3. Lots of Defence
    4. A high Chance of Criticalling

What does this translate into:

• Refining your armor

The problem is archers class-wise have to spend heavily to match what other classes get just being the level they are (9x, or 10x) PvP-wise.

Having said that, you can spend all you want, and you can still be easy pickings for magic classes.

The fundamental issues are:

• Other classes get a serious boost to physical defence
    • Archer attack rate is too slow to deal any sort of physical damage to the other classes
    this is so wrong its not even funny. a few 95+ whiners on here act like archers are garbage, when theres ones like transcend killing rank 8 archers/+10 geared bms/etc with his +5-6 refines, or so the videos say. so what if LA has hardly any defense, it makes me think the 95+ complaining about archers have no PK skill what so ever...

at 94, the only thing i seem to have trouble with in occasional actual pvp/duels are the overly geared barbarians. takes a 3x and praying for a ton of crits to down them, but its plenty possible. mind you im fighting with a blinding radiance, and +2-3 gear.

only the fool believes what the forum whining says, a pro actually makes due with what they have and kills with it despite their weaknesses, and makes mincemeat of their competition. sure imnot the greatest geared, or the most skilled, but im sure better than the ones who tell you archers suck :P.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    advice to fledgling archers:
    Going sage is like drunken sex, at first she may look good, but when you wake up the next morning; you'll look at her and go WHAT HAVE I DONE.
  • LauraAngel - Lost City
    edited April 2010
    this is so wrong its not even funny. a few 95+ whiners on here act like archers are garbage, when theres ones like transcend killing rank 8 archers/+10 geared bms/etc with his +5-6 refines, or so the videos say. so what if LA has hardly any defense, it makes me think the 95+ complaining about archers have no PK skill what so ever...

at 94, the only thing i seem to have trouble with in occasional actual pvp/duels are the overly geared barbarians. takes a 3x and praying for a ton of crits to down them, but its plenty possible. mind you im fighting with a blinding radiance, and +2-3 gear.

only the fool believes what the forum whining says, a pro actually makes due with what they have and kills with it despite their weaknesses, and makes mincemeat of their competition. sure imnot the greatest geared, or the most skilled, but im sure better than the ones who tell you archers suck :P.

Transcend:

+10 CV Bow
    HH99 Set (-0.1 int from bracers, -0.05 int from 2 pieces)
    CV Rings (+50% acc +3% crit)
    +6 Heavenrage boots
    Most of the Demon Skills

I cant remember the helmet.

But as far as being wrong is concerned, Transcend is not the archer your trying to use to prove your view.

He actually has both -interval and critical rate.

Again Transcend is the prime example of what I said is what archers need to be successful against other classes.

Furthermore, for your information, transcend heavily relies on the invincibility pot when facing those +12 geared archers and ranged classes you see in those videos.

As for heavies - he rely's on both criticals and interval when the metal skills just dont cut it. Demonstrated by the use of demon quickshot.
  • TigerLily - Lost City
    TigerLily - Lost City Posts: 1,209 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Transcend:

+10 CV Bow
    HH99 Set (-0.1 int from bracers, -0.05 int from 2 pieces)
    CV Rings (+50% acc +3% crit)
    +6 Heavenrage boots
    Most of the Demon Skills

I cant remember the helmet.

But as far as being wrong is concerned, Transcend is not the archer your trying to use to prove your view.

He actually has both -interval and critical rate.

Again Transcend is the prime example of what I said is what archers need to be successful against other classes.

Furthermore, for your information, transcend heavily relies on the invincibility pot when facing those +12 geared archers and ranged classes you see in those videos.

As for heavies - he rely's on both criticals and interval when the metal skills just dont cut it. Demonstrated by the use of demon quickshot.

He uses a Warsoul Helmet, think its like +7

And yes he also have every demon skill, a CV bow +10, event boots, full 99 set, event cloak and Lunar rings. Pretty much the gear and skills - stun arrow + quick shoot etc that you need to be successful as archer 95+. He is also a very skilled and experienced player in pvp in general. Pretty sure he could play a full heavy wizard and still shiet on everyone 1v1.

So yeah saying "but Transcend can kill stop QQ" doesn't really mean anything since he actually has all the gear people clearly stated that you need to be successful as archer.

If Transcend had average stuff like a +7 Constellation Fail, HH90/some 99 pieces +4 and 88/97 moulder rings, 96 cloak and Aqua helm ( the **** your average archer that doesn't cash shops much has) and lacking quick shoot since it costs 30-40 mil it would be rather different mentioning him in the archers discussion.
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Transcend spent $800+ on the game in the last year.
  • Moranine - Lost City
    Moranine - Lost City Posts: 319 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    transcend Spent $800+ On The Game In The Last Year.
    Transcend Is My New Hero. Devoted I Hate You. There I Said It

For everything I did devoted. I even got my level of my Avatar to match yours (even tho it got glitched and I did nothing to do it :D)

On topic. Asiris has spent like $xxxx and he got owned by a $xxx cashshopper. I guess we know who the victor is. I guess he realized how bad he owned and beat everyone in PvP and decided he should quit since he pretty much owned everyone on LC.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]