Year anniversary mounts

2»

Comments

• PlumDumb - Heavens Tear
    PlumDumb - Heavens Tear Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    nah not buying an account stash..plus its on another account.I think people should get a year mount and when the people that represent the anni of pwi..that mount should be another color instead of blue to indicate 2 years...zomg wtf dingb:laugh
  • Yindra - Sanctuary
    Yindra - Sanctuary Posts: 784 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Yeah, the anniversay mount...

I was quite surprised when I logged in after a long break. Or rather a few weeks later --- at some point I saw that mail symbol, figured it was some "important GM note" about new cash items and ignored it. Eventually I remembered it while I was actually near a mailbox and decided to clean it out --- and discovered that it wasn't just the usual advertising trash :-)

Compared to what you usually get in terms of "free cash items", the mount is more than awesome. Nothing like the 7-day **** handed out by that event guy, and it's permanent :-) In fact, I think it's the first and only useful item I got in any game from an event... and I didn't have to collect 1000000000000000000000000000000000000000 event quest item drops (which I don't do anymore) or participate in some ripoff scheme ("trade 100 cash items for a chance to receive an xxx").

I'm still trying to figure out how the mount is supposed to make people buy more cash items --- it does take a pet slot so people might want to buy a cage, but that only affects Venomancers since we have other uses for these slots as well. And I'm still on the fungus quest to get another free slot that I don't currently know what to use it for, so the problem is obviously manageable without a cage...

Too bad you can't trade it to other chars, but then again... I rarely make a second char in a MMO"RP"G. And having the mount on one char and no mount on the other won't exactly make it more worthwhile to create another char anyway, so the "problem" goes away all by itself :-)

Well, in short... I don't think they intend to flood the game with these beasts :-) They DO have those "go to the far north, go to the far south, go back to the far north, collect your reward in the far south"-style quests, the expensive teleports and the cash mounts for a reason --- and it works, as you can see by the amount of mounts running or flying around in the game. A few of us got lucky, but they'll leave that at "a few".
    Slow progress, game is getting way too grindy :-( Quests I still hope to be able to do some day: FB39, General Feng
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    nah not buying an account stash..plus its on another account.I think people should get a year mount and when the people that represent the anni of pwi..that mount should be another color instead of blue to indicate 2 years...zomg wtf dingb:laugh

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qw9oX-kZ_9k