Assassin Stealth Level Gimped in Pvp and TW?

Options
Centaura - Dreamweaver
Centaura - Dreamweaver Posts: 127 Arc User
edited April 2010 in Assassin
Well ive now been in a few Tw's with my sin so i have little experince but if my math is correct it would take a lvl 102 to be able to see me in stealth yet in TW i got hit by people who must of saw me in stealth, it may have been awareness pot's i did not get hit by aoe of any kind, i heard a few people talking saying you must be 10 lvl's higher than someone for them to not see you in stealth in pvp, I do not know if this is true, i have little Pvp Experince beside's Duel's in which i tested stealth and it was quite accurate to my stealth level, So is it true Stealth is nerfed in Open Pvp?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Assassin- Cold, Tough, Relentless, Brave, has a Disturbing Mix of Innocence and Violence.

-Proud Member of Vanquish
Post edited by Centaura - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Astoru - Heavens Tear
    Astoru - Heavens Tear Posts: 822 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    If so.....assassin's are basically screwed in TW.
    ●Wizard (Male) - Fasditious and pretentious, carries the arrogance of intellectual superiority. Feels the need to remind everyone of his world-ending power, but grows a little manic and unhinged when he finally is allowed to unleash it. "Ahh-hahahahaha!! NOW YOU ALL BURN!!!!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Trawne - Lost City
    Trawne - Lost City Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Well ive now been in a few Tw's with my sin so i have little experince but if my math is correct it would take a lvl 102 to be able to see me in stealth yet in TW i got hit by people who must of saw me in stealth, it may have been awareness pot's i did not get hit by aoe of any kind, i heard a few people talking saying you must be 10 lvl's higher than someone for them to not see you in stealth in pvp, I do not know if this is true, i have little Pvp Experince beside's Duel's in which i tested stealth and it was quite accurate to my stealth level, So is it true Stealth is nerfed in Open Pvp?

it's not nerfed. your skills arent max. even if your shadow walk is 10 your cat like tread could only be 9 so 100+ will see you without pots right now.
    I hope that I shall always possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of title, the character of an honest man. -George Washington
  • ACLucius - Archosaur
    ACLucius - Archosaur Posts: 610 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Whatever your stealth stat says, that is the minimum level a person can be to see you in stealth naturally, with the exception of other Assassins. Unless your stealth stat is a higher number than the level of another class, you can still be seen by them. The exception is detection pots of course, or another Assassin's detection level based on their skill.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Didn't get the rest of it, but apparently I am the "destroyer of sin haters" as well.
  • Evict - Heavens Tear
    Evict - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,301 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    You were probably hit by an AoE or Tower.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dysk is my tasty chimichanga. <3
  • Kuroi_Sin - Dreamweaver
    Kuroi_Sin - Dreamweaver Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Stealth = Catlike Tread Lv * 2 + Shadow Walk/Escape LV. That being said you can hide from people with an Awareness LV of +30 your Level.

Awareness = Any other class is their LV. Assassin Maxed Sharp Observer = +30

Maxed Stealth Assassin of, say, LV74 can hide from LV104 All class (without awareness potion) and LV74 Maxed Awareness Assassins. They kind of work to cancel each other out.

It most likely seems that you were hit with a Tower, like Evict said.
    Kuroi_Sin
    The Holy Black Assassin
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Stealth = Catlike Tread Lv * 2 + Shadow Walk/Escape LV.

What?

Stealth = your level + Catlike + Shadow Walk/Escape level. So if you have Catlike and both stealth maxed, your stealth level is your level + 30.

Awareness =your level+ Sharpeye, or just your level for other classes.
  • Trawne - Lost City
    edited April 2010
    Options
    What?

Stealth = your level + Catlike + Shadow Walk/Escape level. So if you have Catlike and both stealth maxed, your stealth level is your level + 30.

Awareness =your level+ Sharpeye, or just your level for other classes.

what was wrong with his post? it's correct even mathematically

Stealth = Catlike Tread Lv * 2 + Shadow Walk/Escape LV

x = y*2 + z

or

x = 2y + z

both are the same
    I hope that I shall always possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of title, the character of an honest man. -George Washington
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    edited April 2010
    Options
    what was wrong with his post? it's correct even mathematically

Stealth = Catlike Tread Lv * 2 + Shadow Walk/Escape LV

x = y*2 + z

or

x = 2y + z

both are the same

Catlike only go up to 20... so if you are level 20 Sin with maxed Catlike then yeah...

My stealth level is = 89+20+10=119.

not 20*2+10=50
  • Trawne - Lost City
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Catlike only go up to 20... so if you are level 20 Sin with maxed Catlike then yeah...

My stealth level is = 89+20+10=119.

not 20*2+10=50

he said cat like tread level with would be 1-10. not cat like tread's actual stealth number
  • MzTeacake - Raging Tide
    MzTeacake - Raging Tide Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Idk, it might just be you or you did get hit with an aoe/towers. I've stealthed in TW's for the majority of the time without being seen by anyone, flying just outside the tower range until another sin spotted me.

I was 7x (70-75) or so when this TW occured. My two add-on skills to up my awareness and stealth lvl are only lvl7 or 8 atm but only people 90+ can see me. But eh, mostly sins get at me in TW, or a cleric after I've attacked them lol.
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    edited April 2010
    Options
    he said cat like tread level with would be 1-10. not cat like tread's actual stealth number

K, with that you get 30, which is the additional stealth levels you gain from skills but not your actual stealth level.
  • Islamey - Dreamweaver
    Islamey - Dreamweaver Posts: 586 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I thin cultivation levels have something to do with awareness.
    The chillum is sometimes referred to as a chalice, based on a quote from the Biblical book of Deuteronomy. Thanks and praises are offered to Jah before smoking the chillum.
  • Evict - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I thin cultivation levels have something to do with awareness.

Nope, Stealth = Your lvl+Catlike Tread lvl * 2 + Lvl of Shadow Walk/Escape.

The formula has been discussed frequently, once even, in this thread.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Trawne - Lost City
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Nope, Stealth = Your lvl+Catlike Tread lvl * 2 + Lvl of Shadow Walk/Escape.

The formula has been discussed frequently, once even, in this forum.

yup. i know i made some of those. here's some stuff pulled from previous threads about stealth i made.

How stealth works:

Stealth level:

Your level + level of stealth skills used (Shadow Walk or Shadow Escape. Both are different) + Cat-Like Tread

Awareness Level:

Your level + Sharp Observer + Stealth detection pot

If Awareness level ≥ Stealth level, you will see your target

IE: a 67 sin with 6 Cat-like Tread and 9 Shadow Walk has a total of 88 stealth levels

A level 87 Archer will NOT see him
    A level 88 BM WILL see him
    A level 76 Sin with 4 levels of Sharp Observer WILL see him
    A level 81 Sin with 2 levels of Sharp Observer will NOT see him

Usefull info on Shadow Escape:

from what i've noticed and others have tested and said on forums:

using shadow escape when the boss is NOT attacking you will NOT reset hate.

using shadow escape when the boss IS attacking you WILL reset hate

IE: if you had say (hypothetical number) 1200 hate on a boss, boss turns and hits you, you SE. you're hate goes back to 0

if you have 1200 hate and SE in attempt to clear hate though the boss is not attacking you, you will still have 1200 hate. so when you start hitting again you're building up from 1200, not 0

Detection pots give 30 levels:

i'll run some tests on this today. my guild has control of raging tides so i can make some pots and i'll find someone to test if the pot was given 30 or not

ok so i just tested this out.

my sin is 61 with 5 levels of cat-like tread and 8 levels of shadow walk
    61 + 10 + 8 =79

first subject was a 58 veno. veno could not see me alone (obviously). if the pot was correct, he should still not be able to see me
    58 + 20 = 78
    78 < 79

after using the pot this veno was able to see me however, supporting that the pot did give 30 levels.

a 44 veno could not see me before nor after using the pot
    44 + 20 = 64
    44 + 30 = 74
    both are < 79

at 78 could not see me. a 79 player could.
  • Evict - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2010
    Options
    You should make a whole new thread with those quotes and request for a sticky. Really great information there.

*Edit: No sarcasm intended.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ilystah
    ilystah Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    So Sharp Observer is completely useless at level 105? Because if you use pot, you can see anyone at level 105 even with 0 Sharp Observer. If you don't use pot, you cannot see anyone at level 105 even with 10 Sharp Observer.
    Thanks devs for an useless skill. QQ.
  • Trawne - Lost City
    edited April 2010
    Options
    ilystah wrote: »
    So Sharp Observer is completely useless at level 105? Because if you use pot, you can see anyone at level 105 even with 0 Sharp Observer. If you don't use pot, you cannot see anyone at level 105 even with 10 Sharp Observer.
    Thanks devs for an useless skill. QQ.

um.... what?

a 105 sin with max stats will have 135 stealth

a 105 sin with no sharp observer has an awareness of ... 105

yes with a pot he will see that other sin...for 30 seconds...at the cost of a 2minute cooldown on his other apoth pots....on a pot that costs about 60k to make.

useless skill? i think not
  • ilystah
    edited April 2010
    Options
    um.... what?

a 105 sin with max stats will have 135 stealth

a 105 sin with no sharp observer has an awareness of ... 105

yes with a pot he will see that other sin...for 30 seconds...at the cost of a 2minute cooldown on his other apoth pots....on a pot that costs about 60k to make.

useless skill? i think not

Yeah but even with sharp observer you get only 125 awareness, so you still need pot to see the other sin anyway. So whether you have sharp observer or not you still need pot.
  • Trawne - Lost City
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Yeah but even with sharp observer you get only 125 awareness, so you still need pot to see the other sin anyway. So whether you have sharp observer or not you still need pot.

....... please go check your sins skills....or look on ecatomb...or in one of my many other threads where i had to school people about their own class. sharp observer gives 30 levels when maxed. you do not need a pot to see a sin of your level with equal skills
  • ilystah
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Um, sharp observer only give 2 awareness level per skill level. That is what ecatomb said. Is their info wrong?
    If it is true that it give 3 awareness level per skill level, then anymore than level 1 cat-like thread is useless. QQ.
  • Asheera - Raging Tide
    Asheera - Raging Tide Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Sharp Observer gives 3 per level

Cat Like gives 2

Shadow Walk/escape give 1

So Sharp Observer balances out the other 2 stealth skills. Which is fine and balanced imo.
    First 103 on Raging Tide 30 Oct 2010
    Quit.
  • Evict - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2010
    Options
    The Stealth/Awareness forumlas could be quoted a million times in one thread and people would still fail to recognize it. Hilarious.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Trawne - Lost City
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Um, sharp observer only give 2 awareness level per skill level. That is what ecatomb said. Is their info wrong?
    If it is true that it give 3 awareness level per skill level, then anymore than level 1 cat-like thread is useless. QQ.

so it does say that on ecatomb...someone please tell ecatomb it's wrong so people stop thinking this -_-