chienkun stones refine xfer.

Breadbun - Lost City
Breadbun - Lost City Posts: 250 Arc User
edited April 2010 in General Discussion
Ok, I been looking at transfering refines, and is it just me or are the amount of stones required stupid? Or am I misreading something?

To transfer +2 from a fiends ring (level 31) it will cost me, 5 chienkun stones...

To transfer +3 from aquadash it will cost me 12...

To transfer +6 from a wheel of fate it will cost 80...

Yet, compared to buying dragon orbs, it isn't worth it?

Is it just me or is this fkd up?

Or as i say am i mis reading something?
Post edited by Breadbun - Lost City on

Comments

• mulanrouge
    mulanrouge Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    no one said it was going to be cheaper, just maybe easier. it does take a **** ton of stones to do it though.

however, re-refining to +6 = how much? you can do the math.

80 stones = 80 gold.

+6 = 69 gold
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Breadbun - Lost City
    edited April 2010
    I don't see how it would be easier though. For the extra minute you spend composing the DO's, you save yourself a ton of gold...
  • mulanrouge
    edited April 2010
    I don't see how it would be easier though. For the extra minute you spend composing the DO's, you save yourself a ton of gold...

b:surrender some fail.

would have to do the math to see if worth for the much higher refines. +6 is easier to get.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Breadbun - Lost City
    edited April 2010
    mulanrouge wrote: »
    no one said it was going to be cheaper, just maybe easier. it does take a **** ton of stones to do it though.

however, re-refining to +6 = how much? you can do the math.

80 stones = 80 gold.

+6 = 69 gold
    mulanrouge wrote: »
    b:surrender some fail.

would have to do the math to see if worth for the much higher refines. +6 is easier to get.

What do you mean some fail? :S
  • Darkjagans - Heavens Tear
    Darkjagans - Heavens Tear Posts: 478 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    according to this thread
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=684972

it is only *kinda* worth transferring high level refines like +10 and up really

a friend of mine has a +12, and from what she tells me, it'll be approximately 1600gold for a +12 refine if you just use D.Orbs all the way
    (assuming there's a dragon orb sale and 10* orb sale for the +9 and +10 refines)

it's 1000 chienkun stones to transfer a +12 refine, which means 1000gold, so you save about 600gold and you'll save time from doing all the combining and stuff, as mentioned above, it's easier

however, what everyone should be asking themselves is... just how much could you have gotten from that 1000gold spent on the transfer?
    with 1000gold, you can easily get another +10 refine on another item with plenty of gold to spare
  • mulanrouge
    edited April 2010
    What do you mean some fail? :S

some people cannot combine orbs b:surrender

cannot tell you how many ppl i have done it for. so much so that i can do an 8* orb without blinking b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SinCityChick - Dreamweaver
    SinCityChick - Dreamweaver Posts: 300 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    This is mostly added for those that have refined gears to +8 or higher...those DOs are nearly impossible and/or too expensive to be within the grasp of most people on this game. Rather than making them search for ages to try to find a DO that they need, they can, instead, transfer their refine to whatever new equipment they have.
    For those times when *facepalm* and *headdesk* just aren't enough, I present...*brickhead*...painful, effective, and guaranteed to make you forget why you hit yourself in the first place.

R.I.P.:
    SkyLight (faction)
    Andracil (teh BEST MOD EVER!)
  • peacefulsilence
    peacefulsilence Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Refinement transfer's cost is epic fail for lower levels b:surrender

Quick breakdown for those that dont understand. 10 Dorbs on sale is, what, $1.80?
    To make a ~ from 0; (fyi cause a lot of people don't seem to know, Jewelcraftsman combines for higher level orbs than the boutique sells)
    +1 = 1 Dorb = 0.18$ (I know this is 1)
    +2 = 5 Dorb = $0.90
    +3 = 15 Dorb = $2.70
    +4 = 40 Dorb = $7.20
    +5 = 100 Dorb = $18.00 (I know this is 60)
    +6 = 230 Dorb = $41.40
    +7 = 445 Dorb = $80.10
    +8 = 850 Dorbs = $153.00 (I know this is 150)
    +9 = 1600 Dorbs = $288.00
    +10 = 2970 Dorbs = $534.60
    +11 = 5495 Dorbs = $989.10
    +12 = 10140 Dorbs = $1825.20

So anything below making a +9 when an orb sale is on is an utter waste of these stones. Of course thats even if you even have something higher than +8 in the first place to transfer. Because with the +8 tie breaker you could use the profits of the selling the item at +8 rather than 0 to fund the cost of +8'ing the new item. Of course this is still debateable for 9+ just to use the stones now to try your luck on getting higher.
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I point out that you're comparing a dragon-orb sale against the new-stone non-sale price.
    It seems practically certain that these new stones will also have a sale price, so it would be fairer to compare the non-sale prices of both (until we know what the sale price on the new stones is)

Saying that, the basic point is still sound - these stones are a huge waste on anything less than at least +7, probably+8, depends on sale price of the stones.
  • MeXyCaN - Archosaur
    MeXyCaN - Archosaur Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    It only takes 1 stone at any refine level as i tried to refine my weapon to 6 fom 5. I used 10 stones and 20 mirages. I failed all 10 times. As you can read from the stone description the higher the refine youre weapon is the percent of a succesful refine decreases. Im not ingame atm but i believe it a .75% chance to go from 5 to 6. 6 to 7 even has a lower chance an so forth. Only way this is usefull is if u are extremely luck and are in that .75 percent range.
    !!!!MeXy FeVeR!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kasumi - Dreamweaver
    Kasumi - Dreamweaver Posts: 346 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    chienkun stones are good, just made nirvana bow using lunar bow, +8 refine only 57 stones, 2 socket only 42 stones, and garnet gems were like 30, so it's not all bad.
    Calamity
    Regenesis
    o_o.com

⎝⏠⏝⏠⎠
  • TigerLily - Lost City
    TigerLily - Lost City Posts: 1,209 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    The cost if you use them in a Nirvana Transfer is far cheaper than a regular transfer.

Just looked and it would cost me 400 gold to transfer a +10 refine to another item at Boutique agent, but if i use my Bow +10 and make Nirvana its only 190 gold to keep refine it seems. Some people say you have to do it twice tho, than its 380 gold <.< But i guess its worth it if you have g11/g12 gems you wanna keep.

Paying 400 gold in general to transfer a +10 is really not worth it at all, its actually a rip of lol.

Far cheaper to use mirage + tisha/tienkung stones to +6+7 than orb sale for +8 +9 +10. Than you only have to pay around 250-300 gold for a +10 weapon.
  • Shao_on_Fire - Heavens Tear
    Shao_on_Fire - Heavens Tear Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    This highly-anticipated item has been highly disappointing.

I find it hard to justify the cost of transferring when it's far cheaper to use DO's.

Now, I'm not lv 100 yet, so I can't speak about the Nirvana gears. But I do know I drooled a little last night when I thought to myself, "I can move the +5 from my TT80 gold bow onto my brand new Lunar bow today." Only to discover it was gonna cost sixty bucks to do it.

Wait, wut?

okay, I can go +2 or +3 on Celestones alone. So, now I need to make/buy DO's. For the sake of this example, we'll say I made the Lunar +2 with Mirages. We will also say, I am buying the needed DO's straight from the Cash Shop- this means a +3 orb, a +4 orb, and a +5 orb.

Total cost from CS: 3(3 star)+7.50(4 star)+ 18(5 star)= $28.50.

Less than 30 dollars.

Cost to transfer using the Chienkung stones= $60.00.

So, even if I use the most expensive method- buying the D orbs straight from CS instead of buying 1* orbs and making them- that is STILL CHEAPER than buying the new stones.

So, was this item created exclusively for the use with Nirvana gear? Because that's where it seems to be headed...
  • Ty - Heavens Tear
    Ty - Heavens Tear Posts: 604 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Does anyone know how this will work with keeping sockets while upgrading to Nirvana?
    For example if you have a 4 socket TT99/Lunar armor will the sockets carry over if you use Chienkung stones? I'm not so worried about the gems carrying over.
    I like pie
  • Kasumi - Dreamweaver
    Kasumi - Dreamweaver Posts: 346 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    it would transfer over if you have the right amount of chienkun stones. If the armor is just like the weapon, then you have to pay a seperate chienkun fee to transfer over the gems. So there's different fee for refine, socket, and gem.
    Calamity
    Regenesis
    o_o.com

⎝⏠⏝⏠⎠
  • Xarathox - Dreamweaver
    Xarathox - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,657 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    And that, is what many call Highway Robbery.
    Some people risk to employ me

Some people live to destroy me

Either way they die
  • wnight
    wnight Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    hmm... There is 1 but in whole transfer thing :

According to Tranfers dude the Source(aka item from which you are trying to tranfer) must be Higher level/grade? than Target one.

Is it typo? or Why the hell i need those stones if Transfer is only to lower weapons???

b:puzzled
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    wnight wrote: »
    hmm... There is 1 but in whole transfer thing :

According to Tranfers dude the Source(aka item from which you are trying to tranfer) must be Higher level/grade? than Target one.

Is it typo? or Why the hell i need those stones if Transfer is only to lower weapons???

b:puzzled

higher level of refinement not grade of weapon. b:chuckle It's not going to let you transfer +4 to a +5 weapon haha.
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • skyraiserdm
    skyraiserdm Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Why does the Preview Button Post this thread ???
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • skyraiserdm
    skyraiserdm Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Keep in Mind:

Old Item +8 -> Chienkun Stones -> Old Item +0 | New Item +8

Old Item +8 -> Dragon Orbs -> Old Item +8 | New Item +8

When using Dragon Orbs your Old Item +8 is much more worth then Old Item +0 from Chienkun Transfer

*Except Nirvana Stuff, as the Old Item will be decomposed...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • God_Evil - Lost City
    God_Evil - Lost City Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    chienkun stones are good, just made nirvana bow using lunar bow, +8 refine only 57 stones, 2 socket only 42 stones, and garnet gems were like 30, so it's not all bad.

=.= dont say it cheap when u didnt make it out, u just made the 1st step, but the 2nd step will cost u +8 86stones, 2soc 63stones, ss 45 stones... step1 just costs u 0.4% and step2 costs u 0.6% and hh100 costs u 100% on step2 since no step1 for hh100 if u dont know
  • God_Evil - Lost City
    God_Evil - Lost City Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    The cost if you use them in a Nirvana Transfer is far cheaper than a regular transfer.

Just looked and it would cost me 400 gold to transfer a +10 refine to another item at Boutique agent, but if i use my Bow +10 and make Nirvana its only 190 gold to keep refine it seems. Some people say you have to do it twice tho, than its 380 gold <.< But i guess its worth it if you have g11/g12 gems you wanna keep.

Paying 400 gold in general to transfer a +10 is really not worth it at all, its actually a rip of lol.

Far cheaper to use mirage + tisha/tienkung stones to +6+7 than orb sale for +8 +9 +10. Than you only have to pay around 250-300 gold for a +10 weapon.

190gold for +10 on step1 then step2=285gold so u still think its CHEAP? both steps cost u 475>400... i had 2x g11 soulstones on my axes and i chose not to keep it since it costs me 80gold to keep it... nothing is cheap for transfer even to nirvana...........
  • daikaz
    daikaz Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Yup, as stated above, the cost of the previous refines HAS to be considered when you're transferring refines

if you buy dragon orbs all the way to +9 not only it is cheaper than the chienkuns, you get a new item to +9 AND you keep your old +9 item, which is worth quite a bit of cash

However, if you transfer the +9 with chienkuns, not only you will spend a lot of cash on the stones, you also need to have an existing item that is ALREADY +9, so the total cost of the "refine" is: chienkun stones + refine cost of the old item

Someone said there will eventually be a chienkun stone sale, i agree with you, they're gonna be on sale eventually, however their actual cost is 1 gold, experience shows that 1 gold items tend to cost 80 silver when a sale is on, so the cost for transfer let's say a +9 would be multiplied by 0.8, still more expensive than just buying dragon orbs and refining yourself

The item was fine, the idea was fine, the insane requirement of stones... that's not fine
  • SinCityChick - Dreamweaver
    SinCityChick - Dreamweaver Posts: 300 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Ok God_Evil...if your posts were any less readable, they would be in another language entirely...can you please decipher your posts using punctuation?
    For those times when *facepalm* and *headdesk* just aren't enough, I present...*brickhead*...painful, effective, and guaranteed to make you forget why you hit yourself in the first place.

R.I.P.:
    SkyLight (faction)
    Andracil (teh BEST MOD EVER!)
  • TigerLily - Lost City
    TigerLily - Lost City Posts: 1,209 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    190gold for +10 on step1 then step2=285gold so u still think its CHEAP? both steps cost u 475>400... i had 2x g11 soulstones on my axes and i chose not to keep it since it costs me 80gold to keep it... nothing is cheap for transfer even to nirvana...........

OMG it would have cost you over 550 gold to transfer +10 axes and gems to a Nirvana weapon.

Sounds like a good deal if you're dumb. You can even refine 2 completely new weapon to +10 for that cost and keep your old +10.

Think they either have to reduce the price of chienkun or the amount needed...or double the price of draco orbs. As it is now chienkun stones have no real in game use.
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    OMG it would have cost you over 550 gold to transfer +10 axes and gems to a Nirvana weapon.

Sounds like a good deal if you're dumb. You can even refine 2 completely new weapon to +10 for that cost and keep your old +10.

Think they either have to reduce the price of chienkun or the amount needed...or double the price of draco orbs. As it is now chienkun stones have no real in game use.

OMFG why would you even say double the price of an item..... b:surprised
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • Ty - Heavens Tear
    Ty - Heavens Tear Posts: 604 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    What I'm interested in is the cost of keeping sockets in gear as you upgrade to nirvana. Theoretically it would be cheaper to 4 socket armor or 2 socket weapons of grade 12 and use chienkuns than it would be add sockets to Nirvana gear. Refining costs are the same regardless of Grade whereas socket costs get astronomical.

And to those people saying that its better to just refine again than use chienkuns that's true of unbound gear but for bound items it's cheaper to use chienkuns, unless you still have a use for the older item.
    I like pie