a new type of wep

anwynd
anwynd Posts: 0 Arc User
edited April 2010 in Suggestion Box
ok im rlly bored & a faction mate & I were chating & he had this idea so i think i will post it ok his thought was to have a mellee & range wep all in one he was thinkin on the line of maby a bow slash blade where you can fire arrows from a distance & when the enemy gets up close you can then slash away at them lmao wut do you peeps think personally sounds little crazyb:laugh
Collector of pet eggs, armor, weapons, fashion, and mountsb:chuckle
Post edited by anwynd on

Comments

• Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Bow strength is based on DEX. Sword strength is based on STR. Which would this weapon be based on? DEX to be usable for archers/sins? Or STR to be usable for BMs?

As well, what classes WOULD be able to use this? Class-specific? Who would have skills for it? How would you keep this from becoming completely OP?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • Silvychar - Sanctuary
    Silvychar - Sanctuary Posts: 3,576 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Bow strength is based on DEX. Sword strength is based on STR. Which would this weapon be based on? DEX to be usable for archers/sins? Or STR to be usable for BMs?

As well, what classes WOULD be able to use this? Class-specific? Who would have skills for it? How would you keep this from becoming completely OP?

Lets base it on VIT xD And let it be a weapon for everyone lol....
  • KageYingZi - Heavens Tear
    KageYingZi - Heavens Tear Posts: 823 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Lets base it on VIT xD And let it be a weapon for everyone lol....

Now,bowbladebarians can own the server b:shocked
  • anwynd
    anwynd Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Hmmm well the long range damage from it could be based off of dex & the blade part of it can be based off of str would be a 2 handed blade/bow. wut i posted is wut my friend came up with so far. Personally would be fun to have this type of wep idk could be handy for archers if a mob gets up close slash the **** out of it or kite lol ,but the more details my friend comes up with the more stuff i will post about itb:victory
    Collector of pet eggs, armor, weapons, fashion, and mountsb:chuckle
  • I_Snipe - Lost City
    I_Snipe - Lost City Posts: 451 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    You can already achieve this with an Assassin. Just equip a bow, then use daggers when the target is within melee range. Since both weapons have damage based off of Dex, you will do full damage both ranged and melee.

You can also consider Magic weapons to be an all-in-one weapon. It has both Ranged and Melee damage.

If they ever did come out with a all-in-one weapon like to described, the damage would have to be reduced for it not to be overpowered.

But if that was the case, then a Bow would perfectly fit that description since it technically deals ranged and "melee" damage [with damage reduction].
  • VlLKASS - Sanctuary
    VlLKASS - Sanctuary Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited April 2010
  • Araya_Souren - Sanctuary
    Araya_Souren - Sanctuary Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Now,bowbladebarians can own the server b:shocked

i loled.................