The class just doesn't roll with me.

Ceojoker - Harshlands
Ceojoker - Harshlands Posts: 12 Arc User
edited April 2010 in Dungeons & Tactics
Well, the title may be a bit misleading, but somehow, i find Blademaster damn straight boring. I've tried archer too, lvl 11 at this moment, it's pretty fun, but, well, i like flashy skills. archer's doesnt have it. not that its a big problem. I'm having some trouble picking a class. i made a sin too, but i would rather play a class who's more , what should i say, viable in pve. i enjoy pvp, thats why i went for harshlands. but i also want the class to have the following things : The option to chose between being male or female, To be one of the better classes in pvp, and also be wanted in pve. easy lvling (by that i mean that it's easy to get groups because im needed.) High damage. Also , i like endgame gear to look good >:)
Nobody mention barbarians, i dont want to be a mutant Human-Animal, it's gonna ruin the game for me.
Hope i get some helpful answers,
Yours Sincerely, CeoJoker/Shikin
Post edited by Ceojoker - Harshlands on

Comments

• Astoru - Heavens Tear
    Astoru - Heavens Tear Posts: 822 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    If you haven't played above level 22, you haven't experience a BM.

No class will seem appealing pre-59, except for maybe an archer since all they do is pewpew things anyways. If you really are having that hard of a time choosing, do what I did:

Take a dice, assign a class to each side, and roll. Take whatever class rolls, and get to work.

Also, any class can be good at PvP.
    ●Wizard (Male) - Fasditious and pretentious, carries the arrogance of intellectual superiority. Feels the need to remind everyone of his world-ending power, but grows a little manic and unhinged when he finally is allowed to unleash it. "Ahh-hahahahaha!! NOW YOU ALL BURN!!!!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ceojoker - Harshlands
    edited April 2010
    It's nothing about the classes, it's how i enjoy lvling them, its pretty boring to lvl my bm, he dies from about 1 mob so yeah.
  • ilystah
    ilystah Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    For end game armor, just go to evatomb website to check out which one looks good. There is only 3 type of armor arcane, heavy and light anyway, though by end game you have some other choice of armor beside the NPC one. But you can use fashion to change your look so you might not need good looking gear. Veno and barb are out because of gender fixing. Archer are out, though I think there metal skill and buff are flashy. Sin is currently unknown at the moment, as not all their skill are out yet, so they might turn out to be good for PvE after all. Blademaster have a lot of different skill and weapon path to take at the end, so it might seems boring at first but things change after level 29. BM is also decent at PvP and good at PvE. Cleric isn't the best damage dealer but they can still deal some serious damage, though best for cleric to level is in party. As for wizard, the male looks ugly so essentially no gender choice.
    EDIT: um, BM die from 1 mobs? is the mobs orange? did you put your point into MAG? did you use wrong alter marrow? did you broke your gear? I'm confused!!!
  • Ceojoker - Harshlands
    edited April 2010
    Ilystah, as Gear i also ment weapons. also, do you know is archer's is good for pve? and sins, if they do get good at pve, will they be needed? EDIT: Idk , they're my lvl, but i always end up with like 200 hp when i kill 1
  • ilystah
    ilystah Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    You can check out look of the weapon at ecatomb too, and I honestly cannot decide for you what looks best. Archer is quite good in PvE, although in mid level you can have problem leveling with against range mobs. They can't solo a lot of things like veno does, but they kill fast. And archer also have a barrage skill which is very useful in leveling party late game.
    Not sure about sins at the moment as more skill is not out yet. But currently, they are not exactly bad in PvE but they have nothing to offer the party that other damage class can't (maybe the buff bloodpaint, and that's it), and they get hit more so they cost more money on pot and repair.
    If you kill magic mobs then you can seriously get hurt. Better team up with a wizard for these mobs. Later you get skill which can deal with these mobs better.
  • Ceojoker - Harshlands
    edited April 2010
    I'm gonna lvl my archer a bit more , thanks to astoru and ilystah. but if anyone wants me to know some more or anything like that im happy for replies
  • Lemuria - Harshlands
    Lemuria - Harshlands Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    If you want flashy skills, both Archer and Blademaster get them later on in their careers. Blademasters get a powerful fire-dragon attack as one of their spark abilities and archers get to rain a neverending hail of arrows onto enemies.

Earlier levels you'll be rather restricted and the only classes which really get much in the way of show at lower levels are mages like clerics or wizards who shoot fireballs or conjure lightning bolts. However, they're both typically far more brittle than Blademasters.

I'd recommend sticking with your class. There are plenty of great guides in the blademaster and archer forums to help you with choosing your stats and even if you seem brittle at the moment, it could just be because you lack certain skills which you'll obtain in due course. Good luck.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ceojoker - Harshlands
    edited April 2010
    Yeah, thanks. I think im gonna stick with the archer. ah, i do 4dex 1str each lvl, is that wrong?
  • XylolyX - Heavens Tear
    XylolyX - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Archers are a good class. Early on you may want to put some points into Vit, but you will probably end up re-statting later and putting those points into dex. (At least that's what I did.) Having the extra vit early makes the archer more survivable.

So yes, 4dex 1str is considered a "pure" build. See the archer forum for some advice on which skills to level and which to leave alone.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lvl10XBarb
    Lvl10XArcher
    lvl10XAssassin
  • _Garra_ - Harshlands
    _Garra_ - Harshlands Posts: 389 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Yeah, thanks. I think im gonna stick with the archer. ah, i do 4dex 1str each lvl, is that wrong?

No thats right, i have a archer too and its the same with a sin .. they are built the same. If u need some help anything you can give me a ring :) ill give u a hand.
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Ilystah, as Gear i also ment weapons. also, do you know is archer's is good for pve? and sins, if they do get good at pve, will they be needed? EDIT: Idk , they're my lvl, but i always end up with like 200 hp when i kill 1

That doesn't sound right. Are you using heavy armor your level? Weapon your level? Gear kept repaired?

If all the above are true, and you're still having trouble surviving a single mob your level, start farming golden herb and nectar and making life powder.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga