I dont like the tide form

Tulisia - Dreamweaver
Tulisia - Dreamweaver Posts: 13 Arc User
edited May 2010 in Suggestion Box
It might have been brought up before ( i did search forums before posting, nothing came up) but i really dont like the tideborn tf, we all look the same!
I love my class and race, its just that the tide form is the only downfall(apart from the defence and swimming speed boost, i like that)
my suggestion:

-keep face and skintone the same in tideform
-keep upper body shape in tideform
- custumisation of tail colour when making character?

anybody else had these thoughts?
Post edited by Tulisia - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    or...you could just not use tideform.
    b:surrender
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Codecs - Dreamweaver
    Codecs - Dreamweaver Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I agree wqith you Tuli, ive met some peoplw ho HATE the tide form, yes change it, but i think just keep the skintone and characters face/hair
  • Esnemyl - Dreamweaver
    Esnemyl - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,079 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I have a tideborn alt, i also hate it how your character loses its Uniqueness when it goes into mermaid mode.
    Nice idea on the option of tail colour, maybe jsut the players face,hair, and skin should stay the same when you turn into a mermaid/man
    but with the option of the tail colour, it could make it more laggy
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]<3 by Silvy
    Reborn ditzy archer with a serious oreo addiction =3

'...cuz my IQ is just above what is required to function as a human' - tsumaru2
  • lynzeya
    lynzeya Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Thats a very nice idea you have, im a sin, and have been playiong for some time, and I just dont like how the tide form looks(and yes, the defence and speedboost is nice too :3) I agree with everyone here that we should keep our characters face/body/skintone the same when going into tideform, maybe the meditation could be toned down a bit too as i find that very laggy.
    say that the character could sit down in a orb like evryone else, but keep the fishes and sound effects that the meditation makes.
  • Esnemyl - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2010
    ^ thats actually not a bad idea! tideborn meditation can get laggy :p

• Elisiah - Dreamweaver
    Elisiah - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I just started playing and i have seen the tideform with other polayers, they all look the same T_T sure it gives you s speedboost and stuff, but i really dont like how you look completely different, im with you lot on this
    developers take notice!
  • Padime - Dreamweaver
    Padime - Dreamweaver Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    i have been thinking of making a tideborn alt, but the tide form has really put me off :/ its not nice when everyone looks alike O_O reminds me of iRobot, and that was scrub
  • Tulisia - Dreamweaver
    Tulisia - Dreamweaver Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    wow :3 thanx for the support on this guys, i guess lots of people reallt hate the tideform too, maybe in a few patches theyll change it.
  • Accel - Raging Tide
    Accel - Raging Tide Posts: 673 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    You rather have them change tide form's looks rather than other glitches/bugs in the game? b:shocked
    You can't see me b:avoid.
  • Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    O great, another thing to add to the list of things we'll see another thread of each week: tideform.

I'll just put it right under matching true forms for barbs and veno's, under the 'not going to happen anyway' sign
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • Esnemyl - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2010
    we all dream about it ( well some of us b:shocked) maybe the devs will finally get it into their heads that we aint happy and change it :P

• anwynd
    anwynd Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    if anything is changed i wnt to be able to use skills in tide form but the appearance thing has buged me a couple times but not tht much
    Collector of pet eggs, armor, weapons, fashion, and mountsb:chuckle
  • Esnemyl - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2010
    @ anwynd yeha i guess not using sin skills in tideform bugs alotof people :/

• Yulk - Heavens Tear
    Yulk - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,951 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    You rather have them change tide form's looks rather than other glitches/bugs in the game? b:shocked

^-- this GG
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks for Flauschkatze for siggy b:cool

VIT > STR > DEX > MAG... GG
    HA > LA > AR... GG

HA + VIT = win b:bye
  • SoulSilencer - Lost City
    SoulSilencer - Lost City Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Thanks for posting this, I was about to do it myself : ) I aprove this message 100% XD
    A simple slip, a single mistake, one uncontrolled thought, or the slightest sound, and you fail.

However, if you move in silence, know your powers and weaknesses, be prapared for anything, always know your surroundings, never cast a shadow, know how to wait yet be ready to jump when the time is right.

You may survive, to be a master of swift death, and a chief of all that is unseen. Never let your pride be stronger than your brain, nor let your anger be your drive, or you will fail. And most importantly remember this, a good assassin is not the one who is well known, or credited with their doings. It is the one who is unknown, and never credited for either right or wrong.
  • Naresome - Harshlands
    Naresome - Harshlands Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Like the idea- was disappointed when I saw the tidal form, but I wasn't surprised, as barbs and venos are pretty much the same in their transformations. I'd rather customization in this area too, but not before bugs and glitches are addressed. b:bye
  • versinthe
    versinthe Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Same deal, I just started the game and I crapped a pathetic brick when I saw tide form; I hate the curls on the fin... they tick me off b:cry
  • Esnemyl - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2010
    versinthe wrote: »
    Same deal, I just started the game and I crapped a pathetic brick when I saw tide form; I hate the curls on the fin... they tick me off b:cry

sir, you jsut necroed, AKA brought a dead thread(if someone hasnt posted on it in a month, its concidered dead) back from the grave

• PequetteV - Lost City
    PequetteV - Lost City Posts: 1,202 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    look at fox form and tiger form here it your answer

anyway tideform have no use at all since u cant use skill while changed .....
    genesis (r.i.p.) ===> conqueror (r.i.p.) ===> zen (r.i.p.) ===> iam (r.i.p.) ===> guardianz (r.i.p.) ===> spectral ===> essence
    starting to be a nice guild hoppers b:surrender

go on my website it contains lots useful informations about PWI

[noparse]http://pequette.comuf.com[/noparse]