What are my chances at Delta?

RouIette - Lost City
RouIette - Lost City Posts: 13 Arc User
edited April 2010 in Venomancer
My 100 isn't that far away, I've got charms, and event pots ready and the only thing I'm missing is..!

A Herc.

So, what are my chances of being accepted into a rebirth? It is probably low, but I'll say that I have never, -ever- done a rebirth before. I'm more of a grinding person, so I'm basically an LA build with +2-+4 refines on my gear because I don't do much of anything else. However, the only Delta I've done was when I ran the WQ, got the beans, made it back in time to kill some mobs and maybe a boss (I can't remember) but that was it until the barb died, and everyone fell like dominoes. My main problem is can I/am I able to hold off the Adawolf boss with a magmite up to my level? Or will I end up playing hot potato with aggro between me and my pet to keep the boss away until the party is ready for it?

Also will this be the only boss that I'll have to keep away from the party or will there be more?
Post edited by RouIette - Lost City on

Comments

• _Leiian_ - Heavens Tear
    _Leiian_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 206 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    usually barbs keep boss far from party, the main work of the veno is doin the runnin quests, clean the fourth room (chests and mobs), and use nova with the right time to stun mobs, then DD :) and try to survive.
  • Squeakytoy - Dreamweaver
    Squeakytoy - Dreamweaver Posts: 660 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Every time I've done a delta, I'm the one who gets to cart the bosses around while the squad mops up the last wave. Though, every squad I've been on seems to fail at wave 3-5 anyway.
  • kenlee
    kenlee Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    usually barbs keep boss far from party, the main work of the veno is doin the runnin quests, clean the fourth room (chests and mobs), and use nova with the right time to stun mobs, then DD :) and try to survive.
    veno is the one who keeps bosses away from party

for OP, you also need like 5 or 6 vacuity powder for stunners waves (all squad need) and some teleport stones, the once that tp to nearest city in case you need time to do those 10 runs. the are like 2 bosses that even herc has problems, one that aoe with stones and debuff pet and also the very last boss so you better take agro and run. if you are demon you would like your speed doing those runs and kite bosses till mobs are dead. herc is good but pet doesnt do much excecpt keep rangers mobs busy and bosses away from squad. you dont really have to pass chi, maybe sometimes and use bramble on barb every time he use alpha, max nova, max noxious, learn miriad fox form and probably some aoe genie skills
  • Gasoline - Lost City
    Gasoline - Lost City Posts: 304 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    My 100 isn't that far away, I've got charms, and event pots ready and the only thing I'm missing is..!

A Herc.

So, what are my chances of being accepted into a rebirth? It is probably low, but I'll say that I have never, -ever- done a rebirth before. I'm more of a grinding person, so I'm basically an LA build with +2-+4 refines on my gear because I don't do much of anything else. However, the only Delta I've done was when I ran the WQ, got the beans, made it back in time to kill some mobs and maybe a boss (I can't remember) but that was it until the barb died, and everyone fell like dominoes. My main problem is can I/am I able to hold off the Adawolf boss with a magmite up to my level? Or will I end up playing hot potato with aggro between me and my pet to keep the boss away until the party is ready for it?

Also will this be the only boss that I'll have to keep away from the party or will there be more?

You wont be able to grab most bosses and tank them if you dont have a herc. But you can just agro the boss and kite it instead. Nomrally the veno grabs the boss that comes with last wave, holds it until mobs are dead than brings it back to party and barb takes over.

However at least 2-3 bosses kills hercs rather easy since they amp and armour break etc. So in many cases as a herc owner youre really better of just agroing the boss yourself and kite it around in circles till the mobs are dead, since the herc will die anyway. Saves you pet food <.<

So you can actually do rebirth w/o a herc rather easy. However you need to have decent hp/def to take 1-2 hits from the boss since youre gonna have to kite it around for a while. Get domain on geine, use bramle hood, holy path if your sage and some dmg immune pots so you dont die. And stay out of boss dmg range w/o loosing itb:surrender
  • RouIette - Lost City
    RouIette - Lost City Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Thanks for the replies, much appreciated b:thanks

I am a demon veno, forgot to mention that so I'll just basically put on an HP charm and just keep the bosses busy until squad is ready, right?
  • kenlee
    kenlee Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    So you can actually do rebirth w/o a herc rather easy. However you need to have decent hp/def to take 1-2 hits from the boss since youre gonna have to kite it around for a while. Get domain on geine, use bramle hood, holy path if your sage and some dmg immune pots so you dont die. And stay out of boss dmg range w/o loosing itb:surrender
    more like, those bosses that kill pet easy hit harder with magic than melee hits so hp/pdef is good but also if you are not arcane might take more damage
  • Mystic-Night - Heavens Tear
    Mystic-Night - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,619 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Never heard of a veno holding the bosses off
    Always been the barb doing it in my server.
  • Shadowvzs - Lost City
    Shadowvzs - Lost City Posts: 877 Arc User
    edited April 2010

A Herc.

where i play in 86+ veno very accepted cause all class pt bonus aura.
    allways same job is was veno.
    begining go to all class npc, the do run quest and come back before boss die give the beans to bm and do another run quest till u can after if that done usually all bean digged after 2stage and all run quest done u help to squade and keep boss away till most of mob died (with fox transform u run etc)

when dont have boss just simple aoe's.