Barbarian? Is it good.

PandaduKinga - Raging Tide
PandaduKinga - Raging Tide Posts: 3 Arc User
edited April 2010 in Barbarian
Hello! I want to know 5 things about Barbarian.

1) What armor is best for Barbarian: Heavy-, Light- or Arcane armor.
2) What weapon is best for Barbarian: Sword, Ranged, Magig or Axe and Hammer.
3) Is usefull for Barbarian to make weapons and Armors?
4)Can I use pets or is it only for venomancers?
5)Is genie inportant for Barbarian or is it only friend?

These were the guestions what I want to know. Me then when you know.
Post edited by PandaduKinga - Raging Tide on

Comments

• PandaduKinga - Raging Tide
    PandaduKinga - Raging Tide Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Why you dont answer to me!

Did I do something wrong?
  • Dukeblacke - Harshlands
    Dukeblacke - Harshlands Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    There are plenty of guides on these forums that answer your questions. Please read them. Check the Beginner's Guide and Class Discussion: Barbarian.

If you don't want to read those, here's my advice:

1) Arcane. Magic damage in this game is much more dangerous and common at higher levels. You'll need the arcane armor to protect yourself and your squad. You'll need 3 magic every level to wear this. Put it in.
    2) Magic. You're already wearing arcane armor. As I mentioned, this game is all about magic.
    3) Yes. You must make all your own weapons and armor, because it's very important that it has your name on it, or people will look down on you.
    4) Buy an all class pet once you get to archosaur and save up ~300k coins for it. It helps in dungeons because mobs sometimes target it instead of you.
    5) A genie is not a friend to a barb. Take it off and decompose it into an exp stone, which you can sell.
  • Nexdonum - Lost City
    Nexdonum - Lost City Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Yes, you were/are impatient.

1)Heavy armor

2)Dual Axes or Dual Hammers (although it is a personal preferance)

3)It's useful to have at least one character (whether it be your main, or an alt) that can make weapons/armors. Although, it's kind of time and money consuming.

4)You can get an all class pet, but the only battle/fighting pets available for use are for Venomancers.

5)Genie is only important if you choose to use it. I barely use mine, although I admit, I'm a noob when it comes to genies. Genies are supplemental skills.

And FYI, not everyone gets on at this time, and even fewer people visit the forums. Learn to have patience. It is a virtue, you know.

b:victory
    We have two ears and one tongue so that we would listen more and talk less. - Diogenes

It is not necessary to understand things in order to argue about them. - Pierre Beaumarchais

You cannot reason someone out of a position they did not reason themselves into. - Unknown
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    PandaduKinga first post 11:41 = " asking about barbarian "
    PandaduKinga second post 11:47 = " asking why no one reply "
    Want a reply after 6 minute posting ? b:laugh

And Dukeblacke already answer all your question.
    If you don't want to read those, here's my advice:

1) Arcane. Magic damage in this game is much more dangerous and common at higher levels. You'll need the arcane armor to protect yourself and your squad. You'll need 3 magic every level to wear this. Put it in.
    2) Magic. You're already wearing arcane armor. As I mentioned, this game is all about magic.
    3) Yes. You must make all your own weapons and armor, because it's very important that it has your name on it, or people will look down on you.
    4) Buy an all class pet once you get to archosaur and save up ~300k coins for it. It helps in dungeons because mobs sometimes target it instead of you.
    5) A genie is not a friend to a barb. Take it off and decompose it into an exp stone, which you can sell.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Genies you will find highly useful, whether it be to help get aggro back from other people, get more chi, aid in your own defense, save your ****, or whatever. Cannot underestimate the value of a genie for any class, esp a barb.
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    1) Arcane (Shaman) build is by far the best in the game.
    2) +12 Wand or fapstick.
    3) Don't use armour, it weighs you down and makes you sluggish
    4) Yes. They're called clerics. Tend to be hard to tame though. Abusive language helps.
    5) Genies are actually evil. Decomposing them immediately could just help save the world.

Hope this helps ^_^

(Yes I'm bored, Nexdonum pretty much answered it anyway)
  • Ninnuam - Sanctuary
    Ninnuam - Sanctuary Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Nex is trolling you. If you don't have anything helpful to post, don't post at all.

Just go with what DukeBlacke said; I couldn't have put it better myself.
    b:dirty
  • Shawkat - Harshlands
    Shawkat - Harshlands Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Cool Pandadu will be one of the few arcane barbs in this game:)
  • Meowmeowdie - Archosaur
    Meowmeowdie - Archosaur Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2010

1) I would use heavy because a barbarian's primary role is to tank; however, if you're pvp'ing a mage or fighting a magic boss, then I suppose you can use light armor.
    2) I use whatever is the strongest, but I think the ideal class weapon are axes and hammers. I really enjoy banging people with my BIG hammer, no euphemism intended:dirty.
    3) Yes, this is a very viable and provisional skill , not only to your character's well being, but to your pocket as well. Use it and abuse it, giggty.
    4) Nope.
    5) Yahhh, monn! Read a bit more about genies and their roles =).
  • GohRaL - Sanctuary
    GohRaL - Sanctuary Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    if i only had just HALF of the TROLL habit expressed here, ill join them to joke you...

BUT

ill be neutral...ill just say:

READ THE DAMN STICKY GUIDES BEOFRE DEMAND FOR GENERAL KNOWLEDGE...

1)HEAVY
    2)AXE/HAMMER ONLY
    3)NO BIG DEAL
    4)NOPE
    5)VERY IMPORTANT
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ...i guarantee you, YOUR CHILDREN WILL NOT SEE THE DAY OF YOUR WHITE HAIRS...GOODBYE BLUE SKY (and PW too)

>RETIRED<
  • Yulk - Heavens Tear
    Yulk - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,951 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Read the guides to seek knowledge.

1) Heavy is a must for all barbs, its ok to use light armor for magic only but until 59, light armor is useless. You will have skills that absorb a lot of damage making heavy only a must.
    2) Axe / hammer, simply because barbarians specialize in it
    3) It is useful for ANY class to make weapons and armor. Make sure you get full resistance on your armors and a good VIT and P.DEF bonus in your gears and you'll tank fine
    4) all class pets that can't attack, other than that only venomancers can use those battle pets
    5) It will be good or bad for you. If you level it with your exp, its a blessing, if you level it with your spirit it will be a curse. So If you don't mind slowing down in leveling, and give away your exp, you will have enough spirit for skills. If you level it with spirit then you will not have enough spirit for skills. Or spending money on exp cubes is normal, just watch your budget
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks for Flauschkatze for siggy b:cool

VIT > STR > DEX > MAG... GG
    HA > LA > AR... GG

HA + VIT = win b:bye
  • StUfFeD_uP - Heavens Tear
    StUfFeD_uP - Heavens Tear Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Haha, this is all so funny, I wonder if he will actually go with what you guys are suggesting! It's always funny to mess with the nooby barbarian new to the game. b:chuckle
  • Baalbak - Dreamweaver
    Baalbak - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Haha, this is all so funny, I wonder if he will actually go with what you guys are suggesting! It's always funny to mess with the nooby barbarian new to the game. b:chuckle

till you get squaded with that newbie barbarian that you led astray b:angry

Seriously:
    1. Use Heavy armor and (at higher levels) shard with citrine for extra HP
    2. Wear magical resistance ornaments (cape of tauren chieftan is a nice legendary cape that adds mdef as well - though not really an ornament)
    2. Our skills use any of the weapons on the Axe/Hammer tab
    3. Blacksmith is nice to have, but not extremely important. Barbs arent about max damage, so you could really tank with an NPC weapon if needed. But to get the TT gear youll need to have your blacksmith at level 4 +. Crafting is expensive, so if you find you cant make coin very well and can't put much (or any) real life money into the game, concentrate on the one manufacturing skill that makes sense to the class.... Tailor.
    4. this kinda ties in with 5. in that our pets are called genies (only venos get the mobs we fight as battle pets)
    5. genies arent a necessity, and I recommend you play as much as possible without one - just equip it and do nothing with it. Let it level itself by sitting around. No one needs a genie for PvE - but it does help. I've given my own genie the skills Tree of Protection (an epic heal skill) Solid Shield (pretty sweet damage reduction) Tangling mire (a physical defense debuff thats good for boss fights and zhen squads) and (god knows why I got this one) Reflective Aura <-- yet to really use that one.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired..
  • Fuzzy_Wuzzy - Raging Tide
    Fuzzy_Wuzzy - Raging Tide Posts: 770 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    2) +12 Wand or fapstick.

Its taken months of farming, but Fuzzy is almost ready to craft his +12 warsoul fapstick! b:dirty

Endgame weapon if there ever was one b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]