I dont see wizards often

Esnemyl - Dreamweaver
Esnemyl - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,079 Arc User
edited April 2010 in Wizard
Im not so sure about this, i have a wizard alt, but i have noticed that there are way more BM's out there compared to wizzies, ive only seen at least 30 or so wizards out there during my time playing.
is the Wizard the least popular class?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]<3 by Silvy
Reborn ditzy archer with a serious oreo addiction =3

'...cuz my IQ is just above what is required to function as a human' - tsumaru2
Post edited by Esnemyl - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Maestro - Raging Tide
    Maestro - Raging Tide Posts: 152 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Hard and expensive to play, not really needed for anything except TW results in less people who can take it.
  • ilystah
    ilystah Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    That's strange! I often managed to get a 6 wizard squad. I don't think they are that rare at all, just that they are busy training somewhere alone so that no other class will take their mobs when they are channelling >.<
  • brownflamer
    brownflamer Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    We are the "hardcore" class....

It USED to be that when you see an endgame wiz you know that guy is proper PRO
    PS......I'm half-joking b:mischievous
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    We are the "hardcore" class....

It USED to be that when you see an endgame wiz you know that guy is proper PRO

" proper PRO " or a heavy cash shop player that use oracle, celestial fruits, wraith officer badge, weeding candy, pay other player to do everything for his exp and gears. b:bye
    So there 2 type here.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • brownflamer
    brownflamer Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    " proper PRO " or a heavy cash shop player that use oracle, celestial fruits, wraith officer badge, weeding candy, pay other player to do everything for his exp and gears. b:bye
    So there 2 type here.

lolz that's why I said USED TO BE

good old days b:laugh
    PS......I'm half-joking b:mischievous
  • Negimagi - Heavens Tear
    Negimagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    well, it's 2x drops and 2x exp. So... all the archers probably are busy in TT or FF and the wizards, being unwanted as always, have to do BHs to lvl up. That's why you see more wizards b:laughb:laugh
  • Helbear - Heavens Tear
    Helbear - Heavens Tear Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Im not so sure about this, i have a wizard alt, but i have noticed that there are way more BM's out there compared to wizzies, ive only seen at least 30 or so wizards out there during my time playing.
    is the Wizard the least popular class?

What I think it is, To be a wizard you need a brain.

Any troll, goblin, ogre, cat, dog or human could play a BM be successful, its just point, click and wait for it to die while you day dream about bewbs. People who play wizards need to pay attention and most people cant handle that so they get stressed and ragequit their wizards around level 20. Imo, Wizards are the best class in this game and people are too stupid to not realise that.
  • Yulk - Heavens Tear
    Yulk - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,951 Arc User
    edited April 2010

Any troll, goblin, ogre, cat, dog or human could play a BM be successful, its just point, click and wait for it to die while you day dream about bewbs. People who play wizards need to pay attention and most people cant handle that so they get stressed and ragequit their wizards around level 20. Imo, Wizards are the best class in this game and people are too stupid to not realise that.

1. True, wizards does take strategy, hell, I am the worst in the DD department as a wizard, even barbs steal arggo without flesh ream on my wiz xD. I play as a tanker or support wizard... DD nty. In solo I kite, even though I kill pretty slow, I kill mobs before they reach me still thanks to gush. But I rather be a wanna-be cleric than a DD that would steal arggo easy

2. Wizards excel in CC and the second best kiter (venomancers are the best kiters b:surrender overpowered class lol). The sad thing is most wizards or mainly anyone DON'T tank. Wizards are easier to play than archers, frost arrow < gush. Not only that frost arrow's slow effect is not strong enough and last as long, it also costs chi <.<. Wizards have hailstorm which is extremely useful which I see great in rebirth when knocking back. Its important to use freeze in solo and squad. Most likely distance shrink, IDK about other wizards using it, seems like I am the only one using it except for PVP wizards xD. This is the biggest reason why wizards are too "hard" is because they don't kite.

3. The casting times is fine, they don't time properly, "oh this skill sucks because it takes too long to cast" learn to time right, use your freeze in range and cast it there.

Also BMs are easy to play IN the beggining, hell, go try for magic mobs / foes ganking you as a BM, see how easy it is. People should pay attention as BMs too <.< they are not barbs or venoes lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks for Flauschkatze for siggy b:cool

VIT > STR > DEX > MAG... GG
    HA > LA > AR... GG

HA + VIT = win b:bye
  • Scorched_Sky - Sanctuary
    Scorched_Sky - Sanctuary Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited April 2010

Words of wisdom Q_Q
  • Arkillion - Heavens Tear
    Arkillion - Heavens Tear Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    In my opinion, wizzies are the least played because of how easily they die up until lv 39 when they learn their knockback. Poeple get lazy and tired or dying all the time just because they got ganked by phy mobs. Once a wiz hits 59+ they are deadly in damage, and even more at demon sage b:victory
  • Dvalinn - Lost City
    Dvalinn - Lost City Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Playing a Wizard is easy and if you can't think about **** while playing one you should just uninstall; just sayin'.
  • Qlngfu - Archosaur
    Qlngfu - Archosaur Posts: 399 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Playing a Wizard is easy and if you can't think about **** while playing one you should just uninstall; just sayin'.

amenb:victory i maximized my wizzy **** just so i wont forget the true power that is *drum rool* bikini set with rank8b:dirty
  • ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver
    ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,457 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    and i guess that many prefer/turned into psy (me)
    i rarely see wizards:/
    i'm not saying that psy is better just that it's similar (and when i was 20 i easily killed the mobs for my quest that I couldn't when i was a wiz)
  • Shadowvzs - Lost City
    Shadowvzs - Lost City Posts: 877 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    i'm not saying that psy is better just that it's similar (and when i was 20 i easily killed the mobs for my quest that I couldn't when i was a wiz)

ok i think the biggest reason is, everybody made tideborn and now try it because a new thing in pw :)
  • WitchBurner - Sanctuary
    WitchBurner - Sanctuary Posts: 1,394 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    It's always been this way, lots of people like the sound of playing a wizard. Hitting for huge numbers, having some cool looking animations. Then they find out how difficult they are to play at low levels, no pet to tank for them, no fast heals to survive, no heavy armour to tank, no fast **** attacks. Thing is, a wizard isn't for everyone, it takes time and effort to get used to it.

But after 60 it does become kind of easy mode, enough pve control skills to not get hit once, enough damage to kill mobs in 4-5 hits and a very flexible magic tank.

In the 30-60 range you will only see wizards very rarely, but below 30 and above 60 they can be pretty common.
    Currently flying internet spaceships around dodixie, moving to amarr soon.

Send me a mail if you wanna ask/request anything

Sanctuary's retired king of wizards alongside queen Saintblu.
  • Daose - Harshlands
    Daose - Harshlands Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Most people don't play them because they take a little skill to play.

Personally, I don't think they're really that difficult. I can definitely see how they could be hard for beginners though.
  • Anri_Rose - Archosaur
    Anri_Rose - Archosaur Posts: 346 Arc User
    edited April 2010

Yea this is why i tell everyone Psychic is wizzy on easy mode. Psys are for those who couldnt **** a wizard sorry to say.
    Tideborn are Overpowered end of story
    Where have all the mages gone. Long time casting.
    Who altered my siggy im
    kinda scared b:shocked
  • RawDawg - Heavens Tear
    RawDawg - Heavens Tear Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I think many wizard players make the mistake of statting for Vit, or Dex for Light Armor, and as a result they gimp themselves so badly they think it's the class itself that fails.
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited April 2010

Having a wizard and a bm (99 wizard, 64 bm), I will say you must stink at playing a bm because the type of bm you suggest wouldn't make it very far in even the easiest dungeons (BH), never mind be saving a wizzy's **** in delta and FF. It is very costly (in fact, the most expensive) and requires a lot of skill to make a proper bm (primary axes, secondary fists/swords/pole), and bm's are quite badasses endgame, in a different way than wizards, which are also badasses. Indeed wizards are hard to play early on for being so squishy and needing to kite, which I'm sure most people hate. However, you're rewarded in the later levels with a highly useful, highly needed mage, where you can be backup healer (2-3, 3-2, 3-3) and your AOE's are vital (FF, delta). Hell, yesterday I had to tank all three bosses in brim, and while I don't ever want to do it again, I've seen so many other magic classes get burned trying. Don't think burying one's head in the sand in this manner really helps any nubs who want useful information.

IMO more people are, lately, playing psychics over wizards. I can see why. It's easier to play, has incredible damage, but from my experience with both classes, wizards are far more useful in a squad. Even better, if you choose a wizard as they become more scarce, you'll be more relied upon for certain dungeons. Ever since my wizard hit 90 she has been bombarded with delta invites.