Veno's & Genie's do I really need one ??

VixenFoxxy - Dreamweaver
VixenFoxxy - Dreamweaver Posts: 11 Arc User
edited April 2010 in Venomancer
OK I have a lvl 32 Veno and I keep hearing that a Veno dosent really need a Genie but I have other people tell me that a genie will help me tame pets.........OK so what genie do i want/need and how shoule I do its stat points if Im going to build a genie for helping me tame new pet's easer ?? I would really like to start hunting some of these "rare pets" if I can ever figure out the spawn time (any help on that would be nice to)
Post edited by VixenFoxxy - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• _Leiian_ - Heavens Tear
    _Leiian_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 206 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    http://www.ecatomb.net/pwi/genieskill.php

to see all genie skills :)

rentless courage is the skill to decrease ur channelling and help u in taming rare pets...

other good skills for a veno are:
    second wind/tree of protection
    holy path
    hearthquake
    whirlwind

or other. all depends on what u wanna do with ur genie :)
  • pand0ra
    pand0ra Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Relentless courage is a genie skill that increases channeling speed for a short time. It can help tame rare pets. Since the competition is fierce for those pets, you need to channel fast to tame it.

You can instead use apothecary potions (Windrage incense) which would infact speed up channeling more than the genie skill.

Spawn time is 5 hours after servers are back up after a maintenance and then 12 hours after it is last tamed for most pets (1 hour for snow hare).
    Check out this thread it may help http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=478942
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    For taming rare pets you've got two factors:

Having the pets HP down when your tame lands (but preferably not before) and your casting speed.

There's genie skills which improve channel time, you want that.

And you might want a fast-cast damage skill, to land just before your tame hits.

Be sure to practice on not-so-rare pets first :)

Edit: Yes, you can use apoth potions. I don't know if they stack, but assuming they do, use both :)

Genies aren't a requirement for anything, but they're nice to have, when I remember it's there...
  • _Leiian_ - Heavens Tear
    _Leiian_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 206 Arc User
    edited April 2010

Genies aren't a requirement for anything, but they're nice to have, when I remember it's there...

Holy path to rush in TTs/run in RBs, second wind or tree of protection to save urself when u're dyin, hearthquake to interrupt and send back enemies, whirlwind to slow them if they're following u and u cant take them with pet.

:)
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    If for nothing else, you should equip a Genie to get it XP. There's a lot of coin that can be made off higher level genies if you're lucky. Genies can save you a lot of time and coin, though they're not a necessity. The only Genie I consider is the Zeal Genie because of it's innate skill which can be used to greatly speed up luring.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • VixenFoxxy - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2010
    OK so dose anyone know the spawn time for the last reset ??
  • VixenFoxxy - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2010
    http://www.ecatomb.net/pwi/genieskill.php

to see all genie skills :)

rentless courage is the skill to decrease ur channelling and help u in taming rare pets...

other good skills for a veno are:
    second wind/tree of protection
    holy path
    hearthquake
    whirlwind

or other. all depends on what u wanna do with ur genie :)

TY for your help and with this genie I want to set her up to help me in traning rare pets