D. Orbs?

Ohhboru - Sanctuary
Ohhboru - Sanctuary Posts: 10 Arc User
edited April 2010 in Dungeons & Tactics
Before I buy some, I want to know how they work, because I'm confused. I have to buy 1 star orb for 1 star weapons, right? And 2 star for 2 star weapons, etc?! so with 10 1star D.orb, I can make a 1star wepaon to +10. Or what? b:faint

Comments

• Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Before I buy some, I want to know how they work, because I'm confused. I have to buy 1 star orb for 1 star weapons, right? And 2 star for 2 star weapons, etc?! so with 10 1star D.orb, I can make a 1star wepaon to +10. Or what? b:faint

Uh, no.

The star on a weapon is completely different from the + on a weapon.

You can refine any weapon, of any colour, with any number of stars - to any + level you like.

Refining uses mirages, and has a chance to improve the + rating (which increases the items stats), or a chance to reset that weapon to no plus at all.
    A dragon orb makes it certain - but only if the + you are trying to reach is equal to or less than the dragon orb you use.

So a 1 star orb would make refining your item to +1 a sure thing. To go to +2 you would need a dragon-orb-two and so on.
    The stars on the item have no effect on this process. (Although it's kind of a waste to refine an item that isn't already pretty damn good.)
  • Ohhboru - Sanctuary
    Ohhboru - Sanctuary Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Woah... that will be expensive. I only want to refine after lvl70 and only legendary stuff (or whetver you call those things that come from molds lol). Thanks for the help.
  • Oakivy - Dreamweaver
    Oakivy - Dreamweaver Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    IIRC someone calculated the price to +12 an item at approx. $2000.
    Also, I've heard that, statistically, the cheapest way to refine an item up to +8 is go with mirage + tisha/tienkang stones.
    Here is a guide: http://pwi-wiki.perfectworld.com/index.php/Refining