what are the best tanking skills to get?

Untamed_Slip - Heavens Tear
Untamed_Slip - Heavens Tear Posts: 16 Arc User
edited March 2010 in Barbarian
Iam a lvl 50 barb right now all i have for tanking skill are Alacrity of the Beast,Flesh Ream,Roar is there any other good tanking skills...plz tell what the name are and why they are good tanking skill.b:thanks
Post edited by Untamed_Slip - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=667831&postcount=3

Enjoy. Also, check out the link to ecatomb inside the link. The skill descriptions should be able to tell you which skills to get for tanking and which not to get.
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • Untamed_Slip - Heavens Tear
    Untamed_Slip - Heavens Tear Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    i know about that site this isnt my only character i have a lvl 85 axe blademaster.. i just want to know what tanking skill are worth to get and i know how many there are ok just help me choose which ones i should get ty....
  • EmptyWords - Heavens Tear
    EmptyWords - Heavens Tear Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Bestial Rage is a must, cause u need to build chi fast as u can.
    Devour is a very good skill, for debuff effect and little aggro that can generate. It use lot of chi, so don't spam it too much..
    Surf Impact is also good cause it doesn't require chi and u can hit several mobs with it.

In Rb I used a lot frighteen, both for aggro (very very very small) and for building chi.

b:bye
  • Gimlett - Lost City
    Gimlett - Lost City Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    In Rb I used a lot frighteen, both for aggro (very very very small) and for building chi.

Frighten, like the Zeal genie earth flame skill, does not increase your threat level at all. It will get a mob's attention if there is nothing else attacking it but it will not help you get aggro back at all. It will stop your squishies getting battered when your mass aggro skills are on cooldown though!
  • EmptyWords - Heavens Tear
    EmptyWords - Heavens Tear Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Frighten, like the Zeal genie earth flame skill, does not increase your threat level at all. It will get a mob's attention if there is nothing else attacking it but it will not help you get aggro back at all. It will stop your squishies getting battered when your mass aggro skills are on cooldown though!

This is not totally true.

Some days ago a BM in squad with me (BH79) was near a walking mob. He tooks aggro and mob started to cast his range attack.
    I was a bit far from them and i was biting another mob.
    I used earthflame and mob started to run in my direction (the BM was still attacking another mob).

So i'm not sure that zeal skill doesn't keep aggro, maybe it's super low..but it exist
  • Feroxine - Lost City
    Feroxine - Lost City Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    It will stop your squishies getting battered when your mass aggro skills are on cooldown though!

The 'Alpha Male' genie skill is also exceptionally useful in these circumstances.