AoE for grinding?

Ohhboru - Sanctuary
Ohhboru - Sanctuary Posts: 10 Arc User
edited March 2010 in Archer
Hey. My Archer is lvl52 and my faction wants to take me to grind later lol, I wanna bring an AoE but I'm actually not sure what to lvl. I don't even know what's available at my lvl, I only 1v1 all mobs, heh... *is a noob* What AoE would you suggest for grinding? Thanks in advance!
Post edited by Ohhboru - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    None.
    You have single target skils for a reason. LA classes can't survive AoE grinding, even if you would have good AoE's.

Just pick of your targets 1 by 1, it'll be just as fast for archers
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Since you're only 52, the only AoE skills you have right now are thunderous blast and wingsan. Wait until you're at least 59 and get barrage before trying AoE grinding.
  • Ohhboru - Sanctuary
    edited March 2010
    I know, I said it will happen later, and I'll go with people from my faction (with tanks and clerics) who are already above 60-70. I would never try to AoE alone lol that would be suicide... I just wanted to know now so I won't waste points on useless skills. There are not many archers in my faction (so sad!), so I cannot ask them. I'mma get barrage then, thanks. b:victory
  • Laurrella - Dreamweaver
    Laurrella - Dreamweaver Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    you can AOE with barrage but not sure if it's really any more effective for grinding than single killing unless you have a mana charm.
    Laurrixa - 64 Sin
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    The most effective way for an archer to help with AoEs is by squadding with a BM and a cleric. My gf and I have a BM friend who we occasionally grind with (especially in 2x drop weeks).

She heals the BM, who runs around gathering up all the melee mobs and hitting them with AoE axe attacks. Then I contribute a couple of AoEs once they're at least 1/3 dead (don't use them any earlier or you're liable to steal aggro, especially if you crit). Then the BM runs off to gather up another batch while I "bank" (hold) the drops. At the end of the session I sell the drops and split the money to everyone.

You're Lv52, so you should have Sharptooth Arrow. This is an AoE. You also have Thunderous Blast, and Wingspan (the latter isn't really good in the situation I described above, though). Finally, at lv59 you get Barrage, which is great if your BM is gathering up a HUGE number of mobs - but I'd wait until they're half dead before using it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • Ohhboru - Sanctuary
    edited March 2010
    Thanks Miugre, your post helped a lot! b:thanks
  • Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    There seems to be a misconception here.

It is possible for Archers to solo AoE grind in the 90s. Here is a reference link: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=581771
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    There seems to be a misconception here.

It is possible for Archers to solo AoE grind in the 90s. Here is a reference link: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=581771

honestly any class can aoe grind those mobs, hence its usually busy, its 1 largeish spawn area that can be lured by 1 person
    takes a long quest chain that nowadays people rarely get far though, or do it once they need at 100 for culti
    and quest chain only avail at 90 dont forget need to get all of wraiths ploy quest chain done before too (starts at 70 and 80)
  • Ohhboru - Sanctuary
    edited March 2010
    lol that vid is crazy, I hope one day I'll be powerful like that! b:victory
  • Shadowvzs - Lost City
    Shadowvzs - Lost City Posts: 877 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    None.
    You have single target skils for a reason. LA classes can't survive AoE grinding, even if you would have good AoE's.

Just pick of your targets 1 by 1, it'll be just as fast for archers

i made aoe pt since 4x.....
    easy,2 lurer (bm + barb) + archer with wing span and 1 ep in air.

later we oriented for full pt and killing 1 by 1 eveyrbody at 5x on island with poison mob and melee scropions.