mag 3 dex 1 str 1 and mag 3 dex 2 str 0

Options
lkhafopieh
lkhafopieh Posts: 32
edited March 2010 in Cleric
work good for cleric? and my think that one mag dex str good hit and get more critical rate
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• mulanrouge
    mulanrouge Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    first, you must have str or you will not be able to wear the proper weapons and armor

second, you need 20 dex for one crit %. meaning 20 dex taken out of magic. if you want extra crit, find ornaments/ring/etc with the added +crit%
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • PinkSuccubuS - Lost City
    PinkSuccubuS - Lost City Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    lol pure mag aint the best build as far i go. as long as a cleric have 3mag each lv and can wear his lv weapon rest is fine 3mag 1str rest up 2 player b:victory
  • YuYuu - Dreamweaver
    YuYuu - Dreamweaver Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    well... just go that build if you want LA, or else, go pure mag (9mag 1 str) or hybrid (7~8 mag 1 str 1~2 vit) ^^

the damage you lose doesn't worth the extra crit%
  • Xialyun - Lost City
    Xialyun - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Hybrid for survivability <:

6 mag 3 vit 1 str, every 2 levels.
  • Sylredrae - Sanctuary
    Sylredrae - Sanctuary Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    lkhafopieh wrote: »
    work good for cleric? and my think that one mag dex str good hit and get more critical rate

The 3 mag, 1 dex, 1 str build you suggested is basically the LA build for a cleric. It does indeed work for clerics if you're willing to sacrifice some damage for survivability. THere's nothing wrong with being LA as a cleric; in fact, with enough sharding and refines, you can survive hits that an arcane robe cleric would be dead in a heartbeat from.

The second build is only good if you plan to walk around the entire game with starter gear and weapons. Clerics need strength to wear their equips, but not that much. Dex is not needed at all, and I would suggest leaving it at 5 if you're planning on using arcane robes. (Besides, later on you'll probably be able to get your hands on +crit gear and ornaments.) Either stick all all the remaining stat points in mag (pure magic cleric) or add some vit (hybrid cleric) and you'll be fine.
    Syredrae ~ lvl 100 Cleric (main character)

Auryl ~ lvl 100 Venomancer

Mainas ~ lvl 80 Barbarian

Suirune ~ lvl 2X Psychic
    edited March 2010
    Options
    not really there is 7mag 3str or 6mag 3str 1vit i say str cos u could get ur hand on HP based hp helmet and if refine should give more hp then u get from vit as a cleric also great bonusses.

sick of pure mag cleric being extremly weak and also its based on how the cleric wana play his class so we open minded tho i dobt that department is very generous.

let the flame begin
  • AlanWake - Harshlands
    AlanWake - Harshlands Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    not really there is 7mag 3str or 6mag 3str 1vit i say str cos u could get ur hand on HP based hp helmet and if refine should give more hp then u get from vit as a cleric also great bonusses.

sick of pure mag cleric being extremly weak and also its based on how the cleric wana play his class so we open minded tho i dobt that department is very generous.

let the flame begin

what is the the deal with clerics putting in extra strength so they can wear hp helmets lately b:cry
  • Mendolin - Sanctuary
    Mendolin - Sanctuary Posts: 1,092 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    THere's nothing wrong with being LA as a cleric; in fact, with enough sharding and refines, you can survive hits that an arcane robe cleric would be dead in a heartbeat from.

i would beg to differ on that b:surrender
    my husband and i are both lvl 101, i am a cleric; he is an archer- i am arcane; he is LA... now... saying that, we have almost the same amount of phys defense (which is around 9K)and of course i have more elemental defense than him because i am arcane.

b:dirty sexy arcanes FTW
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DeathBanana - Heavens Tear
    DeathBanana - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,674 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I like that 0 str build
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

9x Demon Cleric
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I like the 0 vit build
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Qlngfu - Archosaur
    Qlngfu - Archosaur Posts: 399 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    i like 6-9 mag 0-3 vit 1 str every 2 lvl b:surrender
    <~throwing a dice to see if i should be a metal-mage/barb for the next few lvlsb:cute
  • Tojop - Dreamweaver
    Tojop - Dreamweaver Posts: 623 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    My argument against the LA cleric is Plume Shell. Discuss.
  • Flickerfae - Sanctuary
    Flickerfae - Sanctuary Posts: 351 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    My argument against the LA cleric is Plume Shell. Discuss.

20 second skill with a 30 second cooldown. Even if you spam it, it's off a third of the time. b:surrender

Personally, I wouldn't roll an LA cleric, just because I think clerics should have high mag to help power their heals.

However, I'm never one to condemn experimental builds, just because they're different from what everyone else does. Go ahead and try rolling up that high-dex cleric, and if you make it work, more power to you.

But you might want to keep a reset note or two by, just in case you decide it doesn't work, and want to restat.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Ignoring my main for alts since early '09
    edited March 2010
    Options
    ok now its confusing really cos isnt our heal good enough with 3mag per lv i mean come on
    like for example a Bm from when pwi started all did go mostly pure str and lost yes a bunch of weapons yes but now u see most bm going less str 2 put on dex 2 use more weapons.

ok ok i knew its far fetched but still we are still wasting most of our point in mag (3 of 5)
    so what is this chit about u aint pure u are **** talk. 3 point should we accepted as a ok
    build more then it is now.

iff ur so stubborn about how u put build why we need a psy or a sin i mean we were good with our classes as they were and partys should not let a bm wiz or anybody then a barb TANK so stopp being stubborn as hell 3MAG 1STR is OKEY build rest up 2 player

DISCUSS
  • Tojop - Dreamweaver
    Tojop - Dreamweaver Posts: 623 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Outside of a PvP environment, you don't need plume shell up for more than 30 seconds/the life of your mana bar, unless something has gone TERRIBLY wrong; in that rare instsance, being LA probably wouldn't help much. The only real time in PvE being LA would be beneficial is like, ranged physical mobs.
  • Delia - Harshlands
    Delia - Harshlands Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    @lkhafopieh:

The first build would be light armor, as mentioned. The second build would not be able to equip weapons/armor, as you need at least 1 strength every *two* levels to wear arcane armor or equip a magic weapon.

Please note that the lower magic from a dex heavy build will almost always decrease your average damage output. For example, doing 2000 damage every attack with 1% crit rate for a damage average of 2020 is better than doing 1500 damage with a crit rate of 10% for an average of 1650. If you want damage, magic is the best stat. However, the extra crit on a dex build is a nice bonus if you want the added survivability, and can be a nice base to stack crit rings with.

@PinkSuccubuS:

You need 3 magic and *0.5 str* per level for magic weapons. Opinions on whether more than 3 magic is necessary vary over time - half a year ago pure vit was the build thrown around the forums most, now that's shifting to more magic. I'm guessing it's because of the introduction of cheap flawless shards, perhaps?

But saying all builds are just as good after that is, at the very least, misleading. I'm supportive of PWI's allowance for players to try unique builds, but I expect someone who has a unique build to have an understanding of the math behind it and its advantages and disadvantages. Here are some things I would recommend *not* doing:

str: if you're using str to wear a helmet, you could have gained 5 times the HP from statting the same amount of vit. Even arcane hats can have nice HP adds that make up for a good amount of the difference.
    (If you're going heavy armor, then that's a different matter. Although that may not be advisable in all situations, it would have its uses and the str would be serving a real purpose.)

dex: as already mentioned, more dex than you need for your armor (5 for arcane, level+4 for light) is reducing your magic damage by much more than it increases your crit rate.

@Tojop

In PvE plume shell can be extremely expensive and, if you don't have a charm (can one be blamed at these gold prices?) and can't use event potions yet, it can mean a delayed insta-death. With event potions after level 75, plume shell would be more useful. But there are some things it won't let you do, like constantly tank physical damage, since often you can be one-shot during the 10 second downtime.

In PvP that 10 seconds without it can make all the difference if you die then.

It certainly is a great skill. But I wouldn't go so far as to say it makes LA useless. Edit: Also of note: you can't plume shell while in blue bubble.
    edited March 2010
    Options
    WELL as a cleric have u look what bonusses the helmet could give u instead of bashing it aside.

also even with pure mag build cleric i can still win the cleric my lv cos my high deff bonuses overal Not only helmet but entire armor set i dont need to 1 shoot ppl 2 have fun as so many ppl say with 9mag 1str .

cleric always tend 2 we about skill anyways sleep debuff spark/tempest so even there its wrong.

also i dont wana go heavy armor cos i would lose the bonuses of elemental for phys and maybe more damage. so i invented my own build to get a balanced stat over RAW powa.

i still and always say 3mag and 1/2str is fine rest up to cleric and MAYBE MAYBE more player will wana join cleric side pff i aint buffing ub:angry
  • Delia - Harshlands
    Delia - Harshlands Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    WELL as a cleric have u look what bonusses the helmet could give u instead of bashing it aside.

I agree, you need to compare the two options fairly. Let's take a look at what I think is a favorable situation for putting in strength for a helmet (i.e. good helmet but somewhat below level):

Take ☆☆Heavy Helm of Xanadu, which for the level is quite a good helmet:
    http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/12552

At level 75, for instance, you need 42 strength to equip weapons and arcane armor (technically less depending on armor and weapon, but that's what the build gives between 70 and 80)

To wear the Heavy Help of Xanadu, you need 60 strength, or 38 more than to equip your weapon. This helmet then gives you +230 HP.

If you instead put those 38 points into vit, you would have gained 380 HP.

These differences become even more pronounced when you consider refining a higher level arcane hat with a +HP add, or when you consider a higher level helmet, or when you consider that the same 42 str cleric could wear ☆Battle Helmet of Agility:
    http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/12538
    also even with pure mag build cleric i can still win the cleric my lv cos my high deff bonuses overal Not only helmet but entire armor set i dont need to 1 shoot ppl 2 have fun as so many ppl say with 9mag 1str .

Strength has a negligible effect on physical resistance, which *is also gained by vit*, although I'd argue that this minor difference isn't usually worth considering for a build. Compare:

Str: http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=7a734c820a9dda0b

Vit: http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=d4eda2fc67399a3a

Mag: http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=d4eda2fc67399a3a

If you want to put armor and a weapon in, go ahead. Also remember that this base phys defence does not get affected by buffs, making it even less useful.

If you're arguing that your armor is somehow better than anyone else's because you have more strength, then I'm not sure what you mean. As to the rest of your post, I can't understand it. If English is not your first language I apologize, but if it is it looks like you're just being lazy about how you state what you're trying to say.
  • Sylredrae - Sanctuary
    Sylredrae - Sanctuary Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    my husband and i are both lvl 101, i am a cleric; he is an archer- i am arcane; he is LA... now... saying that, we have almost the same amount of phys defense (which is around 9K)and of course i have more elemental defense than him because i am arcane.

Yes, indeed. I used to be LA, but I switched to Arcane in my 20s or 30s and restatted to get rid of the dex. It's a decision that needless to say, I do not regret. Arcane armour ftw! b:victory

Concerning my last post, there are exceptions, yes, but I still think that arcane clerics are for most part squishier than LA. However, I would note that there are other major factors to consider (namely sharding and refines). I've seen LA clerics that are only slightly less squishy than arcane armour clerics, and others that can take physical damage quite well. (In the latter case, one of them sharded like mad and it really showed.)

That said, may I ask how you end up with 9k physical def? (Just curious.)
    Syredrae ~ lvl 100 Cleric (main character)

Auryl ~ lvl 100 Venomancer

Mainas ~ lvl 80 Barbarian

Suirune ~ lvl 2X Psychic
  • DeathBanana - Heavens Tear
    DeathBanana - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,674 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    20 second skill with a 30 second cooldown. Even if you spam it, it's off a third of the time. b:surrender

Guardian Light fills the cooldown, effectively giving you 60 seconds of 60-80% less (physical) damage
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

9x Demon Cleric
    edited March 2010
    Options
    i am just saying in each try that 6mag and 1str each 2 lv is fine
    rest is opinion based and only that if it wasent devs would have made it 9mag 1str each 2 lvs remember that.

cos of that if i want str rest of point then i should put str without so much sht
  • Goldymarg - Heavens Tear
    Goldymarg - Heavens Tear Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options

I agree, I'm doing the same thing with my build where I am buying protective ornaments to increase my physical defense. Personally in TW when you're dealing with wizards and venos it's in my opinion not the best idea to sacrifice magical defense for physical defense, next to that we also have the psychics now which pack a serious punch.

Refining those goes a long way.
    The Internet is indeed serious business . . . b:lipcurl
    QQ moar