Pure Magic vs Ligh Armor

Options
zizoun
zizoun Posts: 0 Arc User
edited March 2010 in Wizard
I saw tons of threads about this... People say that pure magic is better end game build but at the moment I'm lvl 3x wizzy in the new PvE server and I'm going light because I play with a buddy that goes pure and so we could share the armors...

Now my question, Is it bad to stay with light armor for a PvE + TW goals? (not planning to do much pvp in a pve server tbh) Is it better for grinding pure magic or light? How much would cost me without using real money to reset at the moment and what are the pros and cons? Do I lose too much dmg going light?

Thanks in advance!
Post edited by zizoun on

Comments

• HarmOwnie - Dreamweaver
    HarmOwnie - Dreamweaver Posts: 574 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    the main problem with your idea is that if you really want to measure the difference between the builds you cant "share" the armor because LA build is pretty useless if you wear robes your buddy on the other hand would not be able to wear the LA because of the missing str and dex so he has to stick to the robes.

advantages of pure: more mana, higher dmg cons: suffers a lot of dmg when hit
    advantages of LA: higher crit rate ( about 5% @ lvl 90), higher def, cons: less mana less dmg

I personally had a 2x pure mage and the dmg i got was rly bad even worse if i got aggro from a boss or some higher mob therefore i chose LA this time and so far its not that bad but maybe i will do like many LA wizz and restat to pure @ 90 if i experience my loss in dmg compared to a pure becomes too big

greetz harm0wnie
  • verybadthings
    verybadthings Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I m lvl 86 LA at a PVP server. I ll try out both past 90 starting with LA. Even thought I love LA wiz I have to confess that the ONLY reason ever to choose LA would be PVP options. And even that is debatable past lvl 90. I m not there yet so I dont really know if LA actually can live up to the arcanes PVP wise at that lvl. But hands down, Arcane rule PVE and that s it and since u r playing at a PVE server ther s no reason whatsoever to go LA.
  • nihiliel
    nihiliel Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    It came down to simple numbers for me... I rolled with LA mage until 76, then got myself a reset scroll stat before i went any higher. Think about it, your str and dex have to be 4 points higher than your level and all times when wearing LA. So with TT90 LA gear you'll be a mage with 94 str and 94 dex!! b:shocked when you'll still have low hp and you're not going to get enough crits for it to be worth it either. When you could have 5 dex somewhere around 49 str and all those extra points you would have blown on 94 str and 94 dex will be all put on magic!! b:victory Better? Yes, I think so. Everyone always talks about how much money you have to spend on archers to make them any good end game, and you'd have to do the same with your mage if you use LA. So if you want LA so badly please please just reroll an archer.
  • Belheldar - Harshlands
    Belheldar - Harshlands Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    i was LA from 1-69 then finally restated at lvl 70, so far im happy
  • zizoun
    zizoun Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Thanks guys, got it cleared out, I'm rerolling to arcane since I'm only lvl 3x :) I think for a pve server is more wise to use AA.

@harm0wnie: with sharing I meant that if a robe armor drops in the floor we wont have to fight for it because it was gonna be for me buddy, some as if a light armor does will be for me ^^