tt wep chain?

kaerys
kaerys Posts: 0 Arc User
edited March 2010 in Cleric
I'm usng ancient arbor right now, and i'm almost lvl 70. A high lvl acquaintance tells me to go with Grief's Breath so I can get Wraith Conqueror...

1) I'm just wondering, does each weapon at every 10 lvl have a specific wep it leads too? or can you choose which of the 2 options you want next, regardless of what wep you have now? For ex. griefs breath/ashura's sign can either be yaksa or endless ambiguity

If that's not the case, which chain is the right one to get wraith conqueror?

also,

2) I decompose ancient arbor at any blacksmith? I'm supposed to get mats from it right? Will those mats be enough to make my lvl 80 wep, or will I have to gather some more? If i do, can someone please give me an approximate summary on what I need, any coins if I need those, average cost of buying those mats ^ ^

Thanks a lot for any answers/help! :D sorry, noob here so I won't know much..thanks in advance
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

no idea about what my IGN might be lol...
i'll put it on my sig once CB/OB Is out ^^
Post edited by kaerys on

Comments

• Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    The way it works is that at level 70, you pick between the two chains. Those each have corresponding TT80s and 90s, which you can't get if you have the wrong TT70 or 80, respectively. There is also a TT80 gold which can only be made using Ashura's Sign and a TT90 that can only be made using Endless Ambiguity, which is from the other chain.

Ancient Arbor > Grief's Breath > Endless Ambiguity > Wraith Conqueror or Blade of Red Dust (gold)
    Ancient Arbor > Ashura's Sign > Yaksa or Sakra-Devanam-Lundra (gold) > Innocent Reverie

I went with the first chain, but instead of TT70 I used the Sakyamuni's Light mold.

Edit: Forgot to answer your other question. What's unique about TT weapons and armor is that when you decompose it, you get a Souledge. This Souledge, combined with other materials, will get you your next weapon. So you need the item you get from decomposing, but you also need some more materials. What you need can be found on this page on the pwdatabase, and prices vary from server to server per mat.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • kaerys
    kaerys Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Thanks so much for the info! ^^ It answered my question very well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

no idea about what my IGN might be lol...
    i'll put it on my sig once CB/OB Is out ^^
  • Lylfo - Dreamweaver
    Lylfo - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Remember that gold tt are always the end of the road...you can't decompose it to make the next level tt weapons.
    Thanks Chillum for the nice Sig.[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ayamet - Raging Tide
    Ayamet - Raging Tide Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Remember that gold tt are always the end of the road...you can't decompose it to make the next level tt weapons.

So we still Decompose it at the regular Blacksmith right...to get the Souledge?
    I'm very responsible, when ever something goes wrong they always say I'm responsible.
  • DeathBanana - Heavens Tear
    DeathBanana - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,674 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Don't forget, you don't have to stick to the chain. There are plenty of good, often superior mold, FF, Lunar, and even 3 star weps that, depending on your play style, are a better alternative.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

9x Demon Cleric
  • Sylredrae - Sanctuary
    Sylredrae - Sanctuary Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Don't forget, you don't have to stick to the chain. There are plenty of good, often superior mold, FF, Lunar, and even 3 star weps that, depending on your play style, are a better alternative.

I agree. One example is that there are a considerable number of 89+ clerics running around with Requiem Blades as opposed to TT90 weapons (like Wraith Conquerer), and I've heard that they're pretty good weapons for what you pay for. Hence, if you can't afford or make the next weapon in your TT chain, there are definitely good alternatives. Just window shop around AH for good prices and you'll eventually get a good deal.
    Syredrae ~ lvl 100 Cleric (main character)

Auryl ~ lvl 100 Venomancer

Mainas ~ lvl 80 Barbarian

Suirune ~ lvl 2X Psychic
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I agree. One example is that there are a considerable number of 89+ clerics running around with Requiem Blades as opposed to TT90 weapons (like Wraith Conquerer), and I've heard that they're pretty good weapons for what you pay for. Hence, if you can't afford or make the next weapon in your TT chain, there are definitely good alternatives. Just window shop around AH for good prices and you'll eventually get a good deal.

Another plus about the mold route is that you get back what you paid for it, or at least some compensation. A TT weapon is decomposed for the next one; a mold can be sold.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • Sevas - Heavens Tear
    Sevas - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,132 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Another plus about the mold route is that you get back what you paid for it, or at least some compensation. A TT weapon is decomposed for the next one; a mold can be sold.

Though if you upgrade it nicely you can sell it for a fair bit of cash too. If you don't keep up with repairing your weapons till you get an icon on your window, then it's always a good idea to carry a second one anyway.
  • DeathBanana - Heavens Tear
    DeathBanana - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,674 Arc User
    edited March 2010

Don't forget about FF b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

9x Demon Cleric