How do I lose durability? (the process)

TreeDee - Raging Tide
TreeDee - Raging Tide Posts: 11 Arc User
edited March 2010 in General Discussion
Do weapons lose durability per hit based on percentage or by something else?

Does the same go for armor? Cause armor loses durability way slower.
Post edited by TreeDee - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Weapons lose durability when you hit something. Armor and ornaments lose it when you are hit.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Euphy - Dreamweaver
    Euphy - Dreamweaver Posts: 495 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I think he wants more details that and so do I! In this other game weapons only lost durability on critical hits. Is it the same here? It doesn't seem to be a steady rate of decline.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DrazoThePsy - Dreamweaver
    DrazoThePsy - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,167 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    And as a barb you'll soon experience high repair bills for tanking.

I don't know of any percentages or maths behind the duration loss, but if you repair as frequently as you can you'll spend a little less overtime than repairing heavily damaged equipment once in a blue moon. For this reason higher maximum durability is more valuable - and the equipment can last through more use for much longer before breaking.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    It's per hit taken (armor) or dealt (weapon)

In general a weapon will lose a set number of coin from the NPC value per hit. If you open your backpack and view your weapon as you fight something, you can usually see the NPC price gradually decreasing. A calamity axe, for example will usually lose 4 coin per hit. And once it hits 0, the weapon is broken.

After all, the durability affects the value of an item. In any case, it's a very steady and set rate of decline.
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Does it depend(armor) on amount of damage taken? If mob hit me for 20 and another mob for 1000 is durability lost the same?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]