I have a confession - I have the PWI soundtrack on my iPod

Sokaroka - Dreamweaver
Sokaroka - Dreamweaver Posts: 38 Arc User
edited March 2010 in General Discussion
Well I have to confess, to you guys/girls at least, I couldn't tell my friends :P

I have the OST on my iPod/iTunes, and listen to it regularly, in particular the music from Plume and Arch.

It's funny because I usually listen to screamo/deathcore or whatever x]

And yeah, I know, it's sorta sad, but I liek it :]
Post edited by Sokaroka - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Tjikkie - Raging Tide
    Tjikkie - Raging Tide Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    yep, it's sad
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited March 2010
    Hey, a couple of the new tracks from the latest expansion are really nice, and I know my daughter has a few on her iPod. I think they could make some money with a few selected tracks on a disk and some marketing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sokaroka - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2010
    It's so calming >.<

If I listen to it when I ride to school I'm scared I'll fall asleep and hurt myself D:

But yeah, I don't listen to it that much, just 1 or 2 tracks a day.
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    If I were to put songs on my iPod....

It would be the Raging Tide City, and Rebirth Order. The rest are ehhhh <__<
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Sokaroka - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2010
    Hmm yeah the raging tide one is pretty kewl.

I haven't heard quite a few of them though, seeing as both my characters are only around 30.
  • SinCityChick - Dreamweaver
    SinCityChick - Dreamweaver Posts: 300 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    The ones from TT are pretty hard-core, lolz...And the startup one isn't too bad either.
    For those times when *facepalm* and *headdesk* just aren't enough, I present...*brickhead*...painful, effective, and guaranteed to make you forget why you hit yourself in the first place.

R.I.P.:
    SkyLight (faction)
    Andracil (teh BEST MOD EVER!)
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I like a lot of PWI music - on the basis I haven't heard it for a while.

When I first played the game I loved the music [and still really enjoy the Plume music - the first I ever really heard since I started as an archer] and listened to it during play. Then, eventually, the music got old, stale and boring because it was just the same music all the time.

I think the only music I never really tired of was RB Gamma.

Then again, being British, when I did Gamma with my friends it was normally at five or six in the morning for me. The music was a great way of actually keeping me awake to do my job in Gamma properly. TT boss music was initially pretty cool too. They're probably the only two I'd have on an iPod though. And maybe the Plume music for nostalgic purposes of when I was a newby level one and putting a stat point into magic every now and then thinking I needed it.

Those were the days.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sokaroka - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2010
    Yeahh although I will sound like a nerd saying it, WHICH I'M NOT, :]
    I love listening to music from games I used to play, such as Ocarina of Time, and thinking back to the hours and hours I spent with it, then missing it and wanting to play it again...It's great.
    Then trying to play it again, and getting bored in 5 minutes
  • Helbear - Heavens Tear
    Helbear - Heavens Tear Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I like the music around Sanc and Peach Blossom Grove
  • Jhalil - Heavens Tear
    Jhalil - Heavens Tear Posts: 865 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    The only time I heard any PWI soundtracks was the one time I had to figure out how to turn it off at the start of the game.
    PWI soundtrack for me is:
    TT/FF/BH = One winged Angel - FF7 Sound track
    Everything else: Metal

Huzzah :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Still trying to move your cursor, eh?
  • Isala - Sanctuary
    Isala - Sanctuary Posts: 1,607 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I used to have the PW soundtrack on my MP3 player. Until it hit critical mass, and I replaced it with some Rock. I do have it all in my giant "Muzak" folder I listen to while I play, though... And yes, I know the ironies of listening to PW music out of game while playing the game.
  • Caoijmhe - Heavens Tear
    Caoijmhe - Heavens Tear Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    ...where do you guys even get the soundtrack from pw? o.O
  • XHappyBunnyx - Sanctuary
    XHappyBunnyx - Sanctuary Posts: 683 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    nerds.jpg

sorry... just seemed fitting when i read about people actually listening to game music like its good or sumtin.
    Q - How to win on Perfect World?
    A - Throw money at it.
  • XanZerstorer - Dreamweaver
    XanZerstorer - Dreamweaver Posts: 505 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    sorry... just seemed fitting when i read about people actually listening to game music like its good or sumtin.

Eh, some game music is much, much better than the commercial pop that plays on the radio. IMO anyways. (I hate commercial pop...)

Unfortunately I can't stand PWI's music. I have it off, and when it bugs every now and then I turn it right back off.

My MP3 player contains game music, metal, rock alternative and the likes. Tends to be what I listen to on PWI as well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Due to constant PMs: I'm not German, sorry folks D:
  • Kaneharo - Dreamweaver
    Kaneharo - Dreamweaver Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I occasionally turn the music on when I'm not on vent. The last time I did it, was when I was killing moths at Lake of Woe.... That was the most calming grinding experience I've had on any game in my life >_>
    (☞゚ヮ゚)☞
    ☜(゚ヮ゚☜) Pew Pew Pew!
    Quotes of Awesomeness:
    "that word, "solo". i don't think it means what you think it means." - LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I'd do it too-- it's unique, relaxing, and full of memories for me.
  • Krisnda - Lost City
    Krisnda - Lost City Posts: 1,465 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I like the music from PW, but i hate having it on when im playing because when i fly over plume i fall asleep XD. Where do you find the music though? Is it in the PW files and u just copy the songs or something?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    A good moderator should:
    - Have the computer skills necessary to handle forum-related tasks (Web skills, basic programming)
    - Be patient to handle all sorts of requests
    - Be level-headed to keep discussions and some petty squabbles in check.b:cool
  • Khristy - Heavens Tear
    Khristy - Heavens Tear Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I like the music from PW, but i hate having it on when im playing because when i fly over plume i fall asleep XD. Where do you find the music though? Is it in the PW files and u just copy the songs or something?

It's located here: C:\Program Files\Perfect World Entertainment\Perfect World International\element\music

They are all mp3s, so just copy to your iPod or whatever.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Krisnda - Lost City
    Krisnda - Lost City Posts: 1,465 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    It's located here: C:\Program Files\Perfect World Entertainment\Perfect World International\element\music

They are all mp3s, so just copy to your iPod or whatever.
    Thanks for the info ^^.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    A good moderator should:
    - Have the computer skills necessary to handle forum-related tasks (Web skills, basic programming)
    - Be patient to handle all sorts of requests
    - Be level-headed to keep discussions and some petty squabbles in check.b:cool
  • Ilwyn_ - Dreamweaver
    Ilwyn_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 432 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Strange. I've seen threads for this before, but it's always some long, drawn out process to get to the music files. o_O
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Well I have to confess, to you guys/girls at least, I couldn't tell my friends :P

I have the OST on my iPod/iTunes, and listen to it regularly, in particular the music from Plume and Arch.

I don't really like PWI music, or really any game's in-game music for quite a while as they aren't really appealing to my ears. Tend to listen to my own playlist. b:chuckle
  • Karst - Dreamweaver
    Karst - Dreamweaver Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    nerds.jpg

Why not? If it feels good on one's ear, I don't see the problem.

What makes music about boasting how much (imaginary) money you have, sexual acts with every moving object, people killing/dieing or anything else so good?

Anyway, I don't like PWI's music that much to listen to it while not playing. However, I did used to listen to some other games music while playing.
  • secura1761
    secura1761 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2010

i dont want to sound mean but you actually have it on your I POD...............HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    cute,cool,popular!!!
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    WaffleChan - Sanctuary Posts: 2,897 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    @air
    british people are hot >_>;

anyways. uh where was i? what was this thread about?!? O YES. how / where did yuo get these BGM? thats what im interested in
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    advice to fledgling archers:
    Going sage is like drunken sex, at first she may look good, but when you wake up the next morning; you'll look at her and go WHAT HAVE I DONE.
  • Legend - Raging Tide
    Legend - Raging Tide Posts: 392 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Is it sad i have all their music and even town music so i feel like iam always in archosauros....? b:surrender
    Ftw
    > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3btkyjj9yw
    -quit-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Euphy - Dreamweaver
    Euphy - Dreamweaver Posts: 495 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    While I do like some of the music I wish it reflected what I did... like when I start fighting it could be more exciting! And then for boss fights truly climatic and epic! I mostly listen to Slacker Radio: Today's Hits or my iPod though (^-^)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ghost_eyes - Lost City
    Ghost_eyes - Lost City Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    You are a bunch of freaks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Alliptica - Raging Tide
    Alliptica - Raging Tide Posts: 1,545 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    that music is lame...
    -retired-

now playing megaten and...Forsaken World ;)
  • Sokaroka - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2010
    I'd do it too-- it's unique, relaxing, and full of memories for me.

Same here.

I listen to it and feel calm and remember simple things like killing lyncean hunters or whatever they are called next to some lake or something...relaxed, faking being sick so I can stay home from school then playing all day :)
    That was a few months ago but when I listen to the music I remember it like it was yesterday...

I'm scaring myself.

Also, I don't think the Int version has the actual music, so here's a download:
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=874561#post874561
  • Yukkuri - Heavens Tear
    Yukkuri - Heavens Tear Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    While it's very calming, it's just way too calming for me to play. The new music is what I think it's worth having. Each time my friend starts up the game I'm like "TURN IT OFF!" However, I just pick some of my stash of infitite loop music and just go for a while.

It would be nice, though, if the game didn't restart the music after moving to an area with the same music i.e. Archosaur's Districts. I can't last long with the music on while going around arch due to hearing the same part over and over. Also, many tracks are used repeatedly in different places and it's kinda like, eh...

Again, kudos for the fish music. I would also rank rebirth on the top, but the constant loop just goes on and on.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]LOVE
    Information: It is proven that the majority of the Perfect World International player base suffers from "Motorcylophobia".

-Every single patch to an MMO causes players to cry: "They Changed It, Now It Sucks". Every. Single. Patch. -Taken from TV Tropes.