Character Models

GohanX - Dreamweaver
GohanX - Dreamweaver Posts: 175 Arc User
edited June 2010 in The Fanatics Forum
Me and ShylahArista are going all out to have a complete idea for a new race(to be implemented sometime after the Tideborn are finished of course) and would like to have some character models done.

The description for the race is here

Would anyone please build a character model for us? Would be much appreciated, thank youb:thanks
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by GohanX - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Kyaan - Dreamweaver
    Kyaan - Dreamweaver Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Me and ShylahArista are going all out to have a complete idea for a new race(to be implemented sometime after the Tideborn are finished of course) and would like to have some character models done.

The description for the race is here

Would anyone please build a character model for us? Would be much appreciated, thank youb:thanks

*Adds to Bookmark* :x gotta finish fanart request first xD
    Character : Kyandeisu
    Level/Class : 96/WF(Venomancer)
    Character : Jovent
    Level/Class : 100/EA(Archer)
    Guild : ☆WarLord☆
    Version : PWMY

Character : ZeroJigoku
    Level/Class : 56/Assassin
    Level/Class : 56/EP(Cleric)
    Server : Lost City
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Haseo_ThePKK - Sanctuary
    Haseo_ThePKK - Sanctuary Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    i can help out some, i can't color it on the computer >.< but i can draw by hand well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sig by Forsakenx

"At the midpoint on the journey of life, I found myself at a dark forest, for the clear path was lost."
    ~Dante Canto I of 'The Divine Comedy'
  • ShylahArista - Dreamweaver
    ShylahArista - Dreamweaver Posts: 140 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Drawing by hand or doing it on a computer, both are fine. If we can get multiple submissions (and the artists don't mind of course) I'll put them up on the Appearance page. If this ever does get implemented, then maybe players can vote on their favorite rendition and that will be what they look like in game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Main IGN: Aleithyia - Assassin
    IGN: Assenah - Mystic

pwidreamweaverguilds.weebly.com

etsy.com/shop/ATimeToRememberPhoto
  • Haseo_ThePKK - Sanctuary
    Haseo_ThePKK - Sanctuary Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    so what kind of modles are you two looking for exactly? just a character design, or poses what else if anything?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sig by Forsakenx

"At the midpoint on the journey of life, I found myself at a dark forest, for the clear path was lost."
    ~Dante Canto I of 'The Divine Comedy'
  • GohanX - Dreamweaver
    GohanX - Dreamweaver Posts: 175 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    A detailed picture is all we need. However a 3D computer graphics character model would be great.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MissEbil - Heavens Tear
    MissEbil - Heavens Tear Posts: 369 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Might want to rethink the name or at least look into it, Draconians were a race in Doctor Who way back when so the BBC may still own copyrights for the name.

Otherwise, I think it's a cool idea. I don't think it's going to be put into the game but it's fun to speculate!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Proud member of the VenoMafia.

b:flower Read my FanFic! b:flower
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=334222
  • EGiFZ - Heavens Tear
    EGiFZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 188 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Make a pet that lays eggs that you can acquire and be able to click on them and get related items to use for your race..

b:chuckle

Well.. call them eggnaughts..
    b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Shulkie - Dreamweaver
    Shulkie - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,529 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Gohan i posted something in your main suggestion thread ;)

Example below: base_toon_draconian_basewear.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    There is no place in a perfect world for double entendre!
  • Kyna - Lost City
    Kyna - Lost City Posts: 1,597 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    xD It'll probably never happen... but I just had to take a crack at it anyways, dragon people sounded fun. Hope you guys like it :P if you do let me know and I'll color ;P Maybe do a beginner clothing set xD

DraconianConcept.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvychar for the sig :D
    rikaflare.deviantart.com
    Fanfiction found on the forums or at rikasstorycorner.deviantart.com
    LOST CITY! -> home to the original badasses of PWI b:cool
    ... and a few losers....
    edited April 2010
    Dang, if I could draw anywhere near that good, I'd be happy lol. I like the concept. And yeah, I'd like to see a colored version. If you don't mind, I'll put this one or the colored one (whichever you prefer) up on the website with Shulkie's drawing. Just let me know b:pleased

EDIT: Just to let everyone know, I am going to be going out of town and won't have access to a computer for approx. 3 - 6 weeks. Keep the artwork coming and I'll see it when I get back.

b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• ZeroMagus - Dreamweaver
    ZeroMagus - Dreamweaver Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Hey guys, nice concept pics.
    Just a bit of advice, as a game designer and 3D modeler, I can't stress enough how important it is to provide Appropriately laid out concept pics.

You need 3 mandatory poses. more is good but you only need 3.

1 Front profile head to toe, facing forward with both arms and fingers pointed outward.

1 side profile the same height and correctly proportioned in size to the front profile. (Arms Optional)

1 Top down view looking at the top of the head. (this perspective is optional)

Good Luck & hope this helps avoid any issues when you find someone to do your models for you =)
    edited May 2010
    Just to let everyone know, I'm back from vacation.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• NiightmareXz - Harshlands
    NiightmareXz - Harshlands Posts: 1,569 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I really love your concept art, Kyna >3< I hope you don't mind that I kinda stole it to colour it in b:surrender
    I was just really bored and it's soo pretty for a dragon person that i had to give it a try in colour o_o;

90vyc0.jpg

It's a little sloppy but it's not like this is going in a museum or anything oAo;
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ˙buoɹʇs ǝq ןן,ı ʇɐɥʇ ɟןǝsʎɯ ןןǝʇ ı os
  • Assburger - Harshlands
    Assburger - Harshlands Posts: 785 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I will admit, that does look cool. the transition from the green scales to skin color is sorta throwing me off thoughb:surrender

omg i never knew i could post icons 0__o
    Harshland's everlasting cleric L.uckyrose and damn proud of it

Should be back very very soon...two weeks from now at most b:bye
    ~Pst...imma girl barb ;-P
  • Assburger - Harshlands
    Assburger - Harshlands Posts: 785 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    pointless much?
    Harshland's everlasting cleric L.uckyrose and damn proud of it

Should be back very very soon...two weeks from now at most b:bye
    ~Pst...imma girl barb ;-P
    edited May 2010
    I will admit, that does look cool. the transition from the green scales to skin color is sorta throwing me off thoughb:surrender

omg i never knew i could post icons 0__o

I wanted to make her look semi-real, so the reddish skin is there for that purpose. Also, I played with various colours for scales, I didn't want to go green but was forced to in the end because all brownish red colours did not look right or blended in too much with her skintone.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kyaan - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2010
    D: kinda late since i last posted here, but got around to working on this.

Male:
    MaleConceptSketch.jpg

Female:
    DragonConcept.jpg
    SideProfile.jpg
    FemaleDragonConcept.jpg

I know i didnt do much for the male version, still kinda iffy on the rough concept sketch of him. I tried to make them more of a Chinese dragon concept since PW is originally from China, and is based on Chinese Myths.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2010
    Wow, all of these are so good! I love seeing all the different concepts! Please keep them coming!

@NiightmareXz
    If I can get permission from Kyna to put the original art up on my Draconian site, I'd be glad to put your colored in version up as well, as long as you or Kyna don't object.

@Kyaan
    I like your concept art and the idea of going for a Chinese dragon. It's a different idea and the concept art turned out really well. With your permission, I'll put it up on the Draconian site. If you're still working on the male concept art, I can hold off on posting it until you have one you like better. Let me know on that front. Also, I really like the armor you have on the female Drac. If you have any more ideas on armor, I'd love to see them too.

Keep the art coming!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Luzul - Heavens Tear
    Luzul - Heavens Tear Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    i absolutely love the idea! and the fact that you guys even made a website for it is just outstanding~ i like the lineart posted and as for the one right above this post, i love the concept and colors but because of the horns i'd think it was more of a reindeer if it weren't for the traditional chinese dragon tail. awesome work though and i'll see if i can post some drawing ideas of my own sometime! :3
    edited May 2010
    @NiightmareXz
    If I can get permission from Kyna to put the original art up on my Draconian site, I'd be glad to put your colored in version up as well, as long as you or Kyna don't object.

I honestly don't mind you using it as long as Kyna lets you xD (I totally didn't ask permission to colour it so yeahh). I just coloured for the fun of it, it's up to Kyna on the full usuage of it :3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kyna - Lost City
    Kyna - Lost City Posts: 1,597 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    ^^ It's cool Niightmare. Almost the same color combo I had been thinking of though I had in mind for the fuzzy Chinese inspired tail as well like what Kyaan has... I colored my own though I don't think it compares much to Kyaan's concepts x_x You guys can put any version of this up that you would like.

DraconianConceptcopy.jpg

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvychar for the sig :D
    rikaflare.deviantart.com
    Fanfiction found on the forums or at rikasstorycorner.deviantart.com
    LOST CITY! -> home to the original badasses of PWI b:cool
    ... and a few losers....
    edited May 2010
    Okay, I have Kyna and Niightmare's concepts up on the website. Kyna, I really like the colored in version. It wouldn't let me save your original drawing for some reason, so I just used the colored version. If you guys have any other ideas, like armor, weapons, whatever, post them too. I'd love to see them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Kyaan - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2010
    Wow, all of these are so good! I love seeing all the different concepts! Please keep them coming!

@NiightmareXz

@Kyaan
    I like your concept art and the idea of going for a Chinese dragon. It's a different idea and the concept art turned out really well. With your permission, I'll put it up on the Draconian site. If you're still working on the male concept art, I can hold off on posting it until you have one you like better. Let me know on that front. Also, I really like the armor you have on the female Drac. If you have any more ideas on armor, I'd love to see them too.

Keep the art coming!

The armor is actually lvl 20s heavy armor :O
    And you can put up the work, The red skin i originally had it be able to switch to green too, but i havent made the concepts for the color switch. Basicly the red and green on it will switch places was my original idea, since more chinese dragons are red or green. :)
    Oh i will be working on refining the male concepts too ^^

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2010
    The armor is actually lvl 20s heavy armor :O

Lmao, I play a sin and a veno, I've never even looked at the heavy armor b:surrender
    I've got your artwork up on the website now too. I'll put your male concept art up as soon as you finish it. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Kyaan - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2010
    Lmao, I play a sin and a veno, I've never even looked at the heavy armor b:surrender
    I've got your artwork up on the website now too. I'll put your male concept art up as soon as you finish it. :)

ooo could you change the name to ZeroJigoku thats my art pin name i go by anything art related by me :) and working on the male design now ^^

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kyaan - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2010
    Alright did rough concept drawing of the male finally (sorry been busy)
    Once again based off chinese dragons due to PW being about ancient Chinese myths.
    MaleDragonRaceConcept.jpg

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Daieron - Sanctuary
    Daieron - Sanctuary Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I have acoo lidea for a new race
    All of us know the beatifull race WINGED ELVES
    But anything must have an opposite.
    So my idea is like winged elves with their heal magic the new race msut be something like winged elves based on BLACK MAGIC something liek DARK ELF maybe with their ability to fly from the begining(like winged elves) but with their cool BLACK WINGS and all to be dark.

HOPE U WILL LIKE IT!!!b:laughb:pleased
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    *cracks knuckles*

ok i think i will try a design
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
    edited May 2010
    ooo could you change the name to ZeroJigoku thats my art pin name i go by anything art related by me :) and working on the male design now ^^

Ok Kyaan, I changed the name on the website to ZeroJigoku for you. Great concept art for the male. I kinda like the idea of the male's face looking more like a dragon and the female's looking more like a humans. Awesome work.

Deceptistar, I can't wait to see your take on this race.

I've been in the process of working on a description for their homeland, but I've been busy with other things. I'll put it up as soon as possible. I wanted to let all the artists know that anything relating to the Draconians is open for artistic interpretation -- Dragonets, weapons, dragon forms for flight, etc. (Any ideas are welcome too, there's still a thread for that or just put them here) My forte is photography, not drawing or painting lol. So if any of you are interested in showing off more of your art, I'd love to see it. As always, I'll put it up on the website with the artist's permission.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Sry coloring takes tooo long for me xD

MALE!

females...maybe coming

dragS.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan