Incorect Password Login problem tips how to fix

WrongTarget - Harshlands
WrongTarget - Harshlands Posts: 33 Arc User
edited March 2010 in Support Desk
Ok after my friend got that problem i searched little info to find out what is the reason and there are results:

what is the problem?
Problem is that person who live and made account in Europe after going to USA for few days,to job , move there whatever is not able to login to game.

User A was from central europe, User B from USA.

First about website when user A connect to pwi.perfectworld.com this host is translated to 74.217.218.37 but for user B this host is translated to 74.217.218.74
conclusion:
trafic is being split to 2 different places for load balancing but that also means that there are several database servers that are storing part of data and update it when its needed. AND THATS REASON OR PROBLEM because when person gets redirected from 1 server to 2 hes not able to login because 2nd server does not store his data and he gets information that his username/password is invalid.

Ofc there should be references for other db servers and i assume they are but they are not working in short words.

Now about the game:
Problem is similiar but this time for europe pwieast3.perfectworld.com is translated to 29000:74.201.183.66 and for usa its 29000:74.201.183.68 and thats causing exacly same problem if person who was using previously first adres will be redirected to 2nd one then they wont be able to login to the game.

So the connection between these database servers must be fixed to solve the incorect login/password problem.
Our of HL atm RagingTide lvl 95+ Veno and rising :D
Post edited by WrongTarget - Harshlands on

Comments

• darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    The game and database servers are within a certain IP range and are functioning correctly.

Make sure that you don't have CAPS LOCK on, and are spelling correctly.

Use Verify on the game launcher menu.

Make sure that your antivirus and Windows settings aren't blocking certain IPs, or the game.
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • WrongTarget - Harshlands
    WrongTarget - Harshlands Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I did that all, game was veryfied, reinstalled and updated again, i even tested with other friend, we made new fresh account on each side and then person from Europe couldnt login to account made by USA user and person from USA couldnt login to account made by person from Europe.

Its not only about game client as i wrote in my previous post its same with website and that cannot be working bad because of game client we tried to use 2 browsers IE and FireFox.

We tried without any firewalls/antiviruses too.

So the only reason i see why we cant login is that server database content is not updated and gateway that im connecting too does not have data about account i want to log in.

Oh and about capslock trust me that was first thing we checked we even copy paste password zzz and that is not the problem ...
    Our of HL atm RagingTide lvl 95+ Veno and rising :D
This discussion has been closed.