Server Transfer??

Ivala - Dreamweaver
Ivala - Dreamweaver Posts: 24 Arc User
edited March 2010 in General Discussion
Do u guys think there will ever be one. I want to try pvp server with my high level but i do not want to grind all over again. Just wondering if that option will ever be avaliable. I will pay cash for that!
Post edited by Ivala - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Jennalicious - Sanctuary
    Jennalicious - Sanctuary Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    GM's have said no in the past, but I wouldn't be surprised to see server merging in the future. From what I hear, Raging Tide is dead, and Archosaur is sure to follow. My guess is that the lower populated servers will eventually merge, but fully active servers like Sanctuary won't.
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    GM's have said no in the past, but I wouldn't be surprised to see server merging in the future. From what I hear, Raging Tide is dead, and Archosaur is sure to follow. My guess is that the lower populated servers will eventually merge, but fully active servers like Sanctuary won't.

Server merges are not likely.

Also, RT is not dead, it just isn't heavily populated. The new server wasn't to help the player base because PvE servers were full, it was a marketing scheme to make more money and I have little doubt that it worked. Point being the only server merge we might see is between RT and Archosaur and even then, that is unlikely.

Server merges aren't good things for MMOs. It's like bad press.

Also, this was not a discussion about a server merge, but a server transfer.

In answer to the OPs question: no, there will not be a server transfer implemented. There would be confusion in the name database because it's likely that if the two servers do not share a name database, there's probably a character on the second server with the same name. It would also make server hopping very likely, and as has been discussed in the past, server hopping isn't a good thing.
    You aren't ever likely to be able to transfer your character. If you want free PvP, you have to reroll like the rest of us who started on a PvE server.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Graviora - Dreamweaver
    Graviora - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I agree with Air. Server merges/transfers unlikely, but RT and Arch seem to be likely candidates if it does happen.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DeniedX - Archosaur
    DeniedX - Archosaur Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Would be pretty stupid, people would just go on a pve server, pve thereselfs to 102 with ubber wtf gears and then change to a pvp server, or switch to one of the new servers and wtfpwn every1. Server transfers would be **** b:shutup
  • Ivala - Dreamweaver
    Ivala - Dreamweaver Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    i mean if it cost money i dont see the problem. and also if they limited u to how many times u can do it...only thing is that it might cause imbalance of servers...
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    There is also the problem with PvP servers. If the HL population wants to have more active PvP action, they will move to LC. Then a server merge would be the only choice, if HL gets too empty.
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • RainbowVidel - Sanctuary
    RainbowVidel - Sanctuary Posts: 1,316 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=5256612&postcount=2

End of discussion. Search before posting, please.
  • TERMINATION - Heavens Tear
    TERMINATION - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    yea it's a cool idea, going from pve to pvp, and the other way around shouldn't be allowed though, hard work getting to a high lvl when everyone is constantly hunting to steal your items lol, if i could i'd probably go from HT to DW server but i doubt it will happen, quite frankly, they may not be able to do it, which odds are could change during a maint if it was profitable but i don't think it is, alot of people would be pissed if all the lvl 100's in HT went to lost city where they had to worry about getting killed all the time as they progressed through the game, but in HT if ur not in pk, ain't nobody can kill u so it's pretty basic lol
  • Sangodoc - Dreamweaver
    Sangodoc - Dreamweaver Posts: 501 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    In answer to the OPs question: no, there will not be a server transfer implemented. There would be confusion in the name database because it's likely that if the two servers do not share a name database, there's probably a character on the second server with the same name.
    The only servers that share name databases at this point are Heaven's Tear, Sanctuary, and Archosaur, which all share one name database. All other servers have their own name databases (see here). So, currently those are the only severs likely to ever be merged. Only allowing transfers among those servers would likely be seen as unfair to people playing on other servers, so it's highly doubtful that it will ever be allowed.
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Do u guys think there will ever be one. I want to try pvp server with my high level but i do not want to grind all over again. Just wondering if that option will ever be avaliable. I will pay cash for that!

high level?
    where?
    b:puzzled
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sunaro - Lost City
    Sunaro - Lost City Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    high level?
    where?
    b:puzzled

Oh, be nice Hamsta. b:chuckle

But yeah, any server transfer and/or merge is unlikely to happen anytime soon, if at all.
    Zektera - Blademaster
    Djeserit - Assassin
    TranquilSoul - Barbarian
    Torsti - Cleric
    Heartbourne - Seeker
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    WaffleChan - Sanctuary Posts: 2,897 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    people act like this is an unrealistic and unfair process... there are a series of checks and balances among games that DO server transfers, like wow/iro/etc.

first and formost, they limit the amount of coin you can bring to an absolute minimum

some of them ban the bringing of tons of godly items from one server to another to protect competition and economy prices on these uber rares. usually its a total of 1 per, or none of a certain kind at all

the process is expensive, very expensive. iro's is like 20$ a character

the process has a cooldown, allowed only 1 transfer of x characters every 6 months.

in both games there have been instances of entire guilds transfering servers, imagine how much $ that rakes in for the company lol... it did allow for faster updates/quality service though :p.

these transfered guilds realized they were in a dog eat dog world now, and had their heads bitten off by the locals.

i think server xfers would be a benefit to society.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    advice to fledgling archers:
    Going sage is like drunken sex, at first she may look good, but when you wake up the next morning; you'll look at her and go WHAT HAVE I DONE.